ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Help building my first gaming rig (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278880)

ToxSocks 12-16-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11957939)
he asked for a 600 dollar build and I gave him a 700 dollar one that has far more VALUE by spending a couple extra bucks.

$500-$600, and you gave him nearly an $800 Build with about $55 in mail in rebates...and no OS.

Anyway, im not here to argue with you about this.

Jerm, and anyone following along, i posted a video of what to expect with my $500 budget build. If that's acceptable to you, great. If not, then by all means spend the extra cash. But at least you have something to look at rather than just a bunch of theory-crafting.

Yes, you can absolutely put something together stronger than this for more money if that's your goal. If it's not, my post above ^^^^ is an example of what you'd get.

If you can find better parts for a better PC at the same cost, fantastic.

hometeam 12-16-2015 01:45 PM

$600 means $600 and, 701 is not 800 dollars. And mail in rebates are how you get cheap shit when you build PCs.

Dont half ass two things my friend, whole ass one thing.

ToxSocks 12-16-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11957952)
So wow can be played on ultra with a 650ti.. like I said.. piece of shit not comparable to modern MMOs. ANd yes i can 100% absolutely tell the difference. I live eat sleep breathe PC performance~

So can Archage....and?

Maybe it won't play a 2015 release title on Ultra....but we're talking about a $500 build ffs. We're talking about going as cheap as a gaming machine can get, and you're putting this lofty requirement on it when that's not what he's asking for.

As far as upgrading goes, yes the MoBO MIGHT need upgrading in the future depending on your desires. Which is why you do your due diligence and find out what's inside before you buy.

And when you're ready to do all that...guess what...it's not a budget build anymore.

ToxSocks 12-16-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11957972)
$600 means $600 and, 701 is not 800 dollars. And mail in rebates are how you get cheap shit when you build PCs.

Dont half ass two things my friend, whole ass one thing.

$600 is the high end of a requested $500-$600 build, no idea where you got the 701 from as your build was something like $775...cash in hand with no OS..and a "we'll pay you back later" rebate.

It's ok man, there's other ways to skin a cat and you don't need to overshoot a build to prove your knowledge.

Just fit what he's requesting and stop trying to give extra shit that isn't needed that costs more $$$.

Sure an $800 build can do this and that....but why go cheap when you can do a $1,000 build?

We can keep rationalizing it like that all day long, but that's not what was requested.

It's like when people ask my customers, "How come you only bought the 6 Cyl when you coulda had the 8?" ......Uhhh...because the 6 was all he could afford at the time?

hometeam 12-16-2015 01:56 PM

lol archeage cannot be played on ultra with a 650ti :(

Not putting the requirement on it, I said that the 701 dollar build I made WILL do this shit to start with, and has a clear upgrade path.

VALUE VALUE VALUE.

You can get double the performance for 15% more money. Why wouldnt you do that?

Cheaper does not automatically mean better EVEN when talking about a tier 0 gaming PC.

hometeam 12-16-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11957984)
$600 is the high end of a requested $500-$600 build, no idea where you got the 701 from as your build was something like $775...cash in hand with no OS..and a "we'll pay you back later" rebate.

It's ok man, there's other ways to skin a cat and you don't need to overshoot a build to prove your knowledge.

Just fit what he's requesting and stop trying to give extra shit that isn't needed that costs more $$$.

Sure an $800 build can do this and that....but why go cheap when you can do a $1,000 build?

We can keep rationalizing it like that all day long, but that's not what was requested.

It's like when people ask my customers, "How come you only bought the 6 Cyl when you coulda had the 8?" ......Uhhh...because the 6 was all he could afford at the time?

701 after rebates. Prices on PC part picker change constantly so it may have went back up a couple bucks.

Not to mention, you are talking about using USED parts or dropping even more performance to fit under the budget.

I recommend using used parts for my build too, can likely get it to close to 500.

ToxSocks 12-16-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11957986)
lol archeage cannot be played on ultra with a 650ti :(

Not putting the requirement on it, I said that the 701 dollar build I made WILL do this shit to start with, and has a clear upgrade path.

VALUE VALUE VALUE.

You can get double the performance for 15% more money. Why wouldnt you do that?

Cheaper does not automatically mean better EVEN when talking about a tier 0 gaming PC.

Alright, I'll re-install that shit game and prove it to you. You're dead wrong man, LMAO.

Look, i believe you that you know your shit, but that doesn't mean you're right about everything. Had i not played Archage on ultra myself, i'd be inclined to believe you. But there's nothing you can say to convince me otherwise as i've actually DONE it. Lol.

ToxSocks 12-16-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11957990)

I recommend using used parts for my build too, can likely get it to close to 500.

Then you should do that. If you can build something better with used parts than what i posted, that would probably help Jerm substantially, since the name of the game is to build the best $500-$600 PC money can buy.

Like you said, you found a slick processor and RAM for $210. Where to find that kinda stuff is good info.

The Franchise 12-16-2015 02:04 PM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads...g-gif.gif?gs=a

hometeam 12-16-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11957984)

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

here ya go, browsing r/hardwareswap and ONLY getting the processor and GPU, and you have a similar build for 500 bucks. Those 2 prices are current, shipped prices posted within the last day. COuld do even better if you where patient.

Compared to my last build, it has a 500w psu (the 600w went back up) and a 280x instead of a 380 (roughly same GPU power) and you can spend another 100 bucks in a month to crossfire it.

Its a lot easier with used parts~

hometeam 12-16-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11958003)

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...CwJj79qfbibotz

ToxSocks 12-16-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11958003)

LMAO yeah that sums up how i feel right now.

hometeam 12-16-2015 02:17 PM

oh and once again https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/ $20 OS

hometeam 12-16-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11958020)
LMAO yeah that sums up how i feel right now.

Your just mad cause im Kip

ToxSocks 12-16-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11958024)
Your just mad cause im Kip

lol