ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

gblowfish 02-27-2012 09:47 AM

From KMOV in St. Louis:
http://tinyurl.com/7fs6lto

Molitoth 02-27-2012 10:03 AM

KU gets the benefit of Tradition pulling in the countries TOP recruits year in and year out.
Hopefully after seeing what Haith can do this year with a bunch of leftovers, he can pull in some good recruits for the upcoming seasons.

Dartgod 02-27-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8401593)
From KMOV in St. Louis:
http://tinyurl.com/7fs6lto

From a Mizzou fan...

:deevee:

Mr. Flopnuts 02-27-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8398840)
There should be no more talk of this team making a deep run in the tournament.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8398933)
Serious meltdown in a game that could have won them a conference. No big deal at this point though. I just hope MU isn't one of those 2's that lose to a 15.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8398937)
For just over half the game.. but Haith got outcoached and well Dixon... yeah no head on his shoulders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8398961)
Maybe next time Dixon will actually try to win a game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8398991)
No way this team will make it past the first weekend with guys like Dixon, English and Pressey around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8399040)
In the end KU closed the deal, MU just couldn't. Hopefully they win the next 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8399050)
MU got lucky in the first meeting, as I was watching this game especially the last 2 minutes I knew MU was going to lose, guys like Dixon and English had that look on their face. I seriously think MU is not as good as their record would indicate, they are barely hanging onto a 2 seed and will end up a 3 after the Big 12 Tournament.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8399095)
I prefer the term "not ready to win the big one".

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8399110)
Yes. I expect them to be out in the first weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8399345)
No way, I don't root for the Beakers in anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 8399352)
I guess I see no reason for excitement, just only expect the team to lose quickly in the tournament.

Why not say all this with your normal account? Considering how much you posted in this thread from it, this just makes you look like a pussy. Especially since you're apparently a Mizzou fan. Weak sauce.

mnchiefsguy 02-27-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8401401)
Yup. We should have had that one, I'm proud of my team. You can say what you want about the horrible officiating, but they didn't make us go 7 minutes in the 2nd half without a FG. All it took was a couple of baskets in that stretch and we win. Helluva an effort. I'm looking forward to the B12 and NCAA tourneys.

Yep. You have to know that KU was going to get some calls down the stretch, and you have to make buckets to overcome that. 7 minutes without a field goal was the death blow.

Still, Mizzou played the best bball by an opponent in Lawerence in the past five years. It is something to build on as the team gets ready for the tourney.

I think they will keep the eyes on the prize. This team wants to do well in the tournament, and tournament success is what defines programs these days.

Losing sucks, but a close loss can be built upon. A 25 point blowout would have been a devastating blow for the team's psyche.

The next couple of weeks are going to show us how good a coach Haith can be. I think this team is going to handle itself well, and have a strong finish going into the NCAA's.

mnchiefsguy 02-27-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8401646)
Why not say all this with your normal account? Considering how much you posted in this thread from it, this just makes you look like a pussy. Especially since you're apparently a Mizzou fan. Weak sauce.

Wow....Losing sucks, but it is just one game. It is okay, Mizzou will live.

Imawalkingcorpse is a mult?

DJ's left nut 02-27-2012 02:13 PM

Much like KU's loss said more about KU than it did about MU - MU's loss said more about MU than it did about KU.

With KU's size and Taylor, there's no question they can do some damage in the tournament. The real question was whether or not Mizzou is legit away from home.

Well - we were a bad bounce away from winning that game. We were 1 foul against English, Flip or Ratliffe away from winning that game. Ultimately, we just came up one foul heavy and one man short against a damn good team on the road.

Shit happens.

But this team proved it's final 4 capable. There are 3 teams in College Basketball that are demonstrably better than Mizzou and Mizzou can beat 2 of them without too much help. They have plenty of reasons to be excited about the tourney.

DeezNutz 02-27-2012 02:25 PM

Moral of the story for Mizzou: stay aggressive.

Not sure, but it almost looked like the emotion of the game/environment created some heavy legs in the latter part of the second half. Perhaps the first time we've really seen a negative effect of a shallow bench.

Molitoth 02-27-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

I don't know how they haven't learned this by now. There have been multiple games where they play aggressive to get a huge lead, and then piss it away by eating up too much clock leaving them no time left to make an uncontested good shot.

DJ's left nut 02-27-2012 02:46 PM

I don't think they were trying to kill the clock, honestly.

They simply ended up with a lineup that had Moore and Matt Pressey on the floor at the same time. Suddenly they were playing 3 on 5 on offense and couldn't run the pick and roll.

Foul trouble really killed 'em. If they could've kept Flip, English or Ratliffe on the floor for just a couple more minutes between the 3 of them, they win that game. Unfortunately they were all in trouble at once and there just wasn't enough duct tape to hold together for the 5 minutes we needed.

Damn shame - they really showed a lot in that ballgame. Circumstances just caught up with them and KU caught fire at the same time. Tough loss, really tough loss.

But this is a very good basketball team.

KC_Connection 02-27-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8400910)
They outscored KU by 19 in the first half and were outscored by KU by 19 in the second half. They were also outscored by KU in overtime. To say that they controlled much of the game is an overstatement.

Well, they did have the lead for about 80% of the game. KU was getting embarrassed for the bulk of it. It took an epic collapse to lose it.

KC_Connection 02-27-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8402300)
But this team proved it's final 4 capable. There are 3 teams in College Basketball that are demonstrably better than Mizzou and Mizzou can beat 2 of them without too much help. They have plenty of reasons to be excited about the tourney.

I only feel one team is demonstrably better than anybody...that would be Kentucky. The rest are a step below.

DeezNutz 02-27-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8402437)

They simply ended up with a lineup that had Moore and Matt Pressey on the floor at the same time. Suddenly they were playing 3 on 5 on offense and couldn't run the pick and roll.

Foul trouble really killed 'em. If they could've kept Flip, English or Ratliffe on the floor for just a couple more minutes between the 3 of them, they win that game. Unfortunately they were all in trouble at once and there just wasn't enough duct tape to hold together for the 5 minutes we needed.

Damn shame - they really showed a lot in that ballgame. Circumstances just caught up with them and KU caught fire at the same time. Tough loss, really tough loss.

There's no question that your final statement is correct, and I don't think that anyone would challenge it in earnest.

Nevertheless, a lot seems to happen very slowly at the end of the game on Saturday. For example, there was no sense of urgency from Dixon as he brought the ball up with 8.8 (or so) remaining in the game. Common sense suggests that this has no logical foundation, so I'm left to assume that he was spent, physically and emotionally.

The last five minutes of the game and OT looked like this to me, and Denmon (with some clutch free throws from Ricardo) kept the team in it.

FishingRod 02-27-2012 03:04 PM

KU guy here. Your team blew a 19 point lead but, teams get behind by 19 at AFH not ahead. Denman is truly a big-time player, the man can flat-out shoot. What we have are two very different style teams that have the same weakness in that neither team is deep. Both of these teams are good enough to make it to the final four and thin enough they could get bounced in the 2nd round. And by the way regardless of what ImAWalkingCorpse seems to think I would have no trouble finding 3 guys on KUs team to trade for English, Dixon and Pressey

DJ's left nut 02-27-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8402490)
There's no question that your final statement is correct, and I don't think that anyone would challenge it in earnest.

Nevertheless, a lot seems to happen very slowly at the end of the game on Saturday. For example, there was no sense of urgency from Dixon as he brought the ball up with 8.8 (or so) remaining in the game. Common sense suggests that this has no logical foundation, so I'm left to assume that he was spent, physically and emotionally.

The last five minutes of the game and OT looked like this to me, and Denmon (with some clutch free throws from Ricardo) kept the team in it.

They were certainly gassed - this was a game where losing Green hurt us (needed one more man).

Dixon didn't bring the ball up slowly because he was tired, IMO; I think he just had a braincramp. It was honestly as inexplicable as anything I've seen in a long time.

Ultimately Dixon just isn't a point guard - he's a shooting guard. I didn't like the decision to have him bring the ball up there at all. Denmon flat couldn't miss (in fact, he hit the shot with 0.00 on the clock); he should've brought it up, done a jab step and taken the best jumper he could take.

I think we juts got caught flat-footed and a little disorganized. Haith used his TOs to get Moore on the floor for defensive purposes and I understand the logic in that, but it sure would've been nice to have one left for that final possession. Losing Pressey and immediately having to have someone bring the ball up court really screwed our pooch.

We lost due to foul trouble and that's pretty much the long and short of it, IMO.

DeezNutz 02-27-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8402576)
They were certainly gassed - this was a game where losing Green hurt us (needed one more man).

Dixon didn't bring the ball up slowly because he was tired, IMO; I think he just had a braincramp. It was honestly as inexplicable as anything I've seen in a long time.

Ultimately Dixon just isn't a point guard - he's a shooting guard. I didn't like the decision to have him bring the ball up there at all. Denmon flat couldn't miss (in fact, he hit the shot with 0.00 on the clock); he should've brought it up, done a jab step and taken the best jumper he could take.

I think we juts got caught flat-footed and a little disorganized. Haith used his TOs to get Moore on the floor for defensive purposes and I understand the logic in that, but it sure would've been nice to have one left for that final possession. Losing Pressey and immediately having to have someone bring the ball up court really screwed our pooch.

We lost due to foul trouble and that's pretty much the long and short of it, IMO.

Could be. But damn, that kid has had so much success this year by pushing the envelope, even to the point of nearly being out of control. In moments of extreme pressure, usually habits and tendencies will dominate, but Dixon did something completely counter to his customary approach.

Strange.

Mr. Plow 02-27-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8402356)

Forgive me....but reading that line reminded me of the old high school cheer...

"Be....agressive....B......E.....agressive!"

God, it's going to be in my head all night. I'm hoping this puts it in all your heads as well so that I am not the only one in misery.

Sure-Oz 02-27-2012 07:42 PM

Mizzou needs to keep the pedal down all game.

Should've won, really should've but that game gave me alot of hope for this tourney, cant wait

O.city 02-27-2012 07:48 PM

Just my opinion, but I think MU and KU are teams this year that, if you played 10 times, you would probably not get a repeat winner.

I think they are likely 2 or the top 5 or 6 teams in the nation right now.

I think they could both beat Duke. I know KU didn't early but that was early. They both just have juniors and seniors and each team has a couple guys that are absolutely fearless.

Honestly and I'm a huge KU fan, I don't know which team is better. MU has better guards and KU has better big men, KU's guards are pretty damn good and MU's big men are severely underrated. Rat was a monster Saturday, I was really impressed.

One thing I will say that I don't like is that I feel like Haith is talking to much about the officiating Saturday. I didn't like that Self talked about it after the game in Columbia either. When you are on the road like that, I always feel that shit isn't gonna go your way when it comes to that stuff. I actually felt like MU got more calls Saturday than I thought they would, with it being at AFH.

Anyway, just wanted to speak out at how impressed I am with the Tigers this year. Once we are done with you guys next weekend, I'll be rooting for the Tigers in the dance (long as the don't play KU).

Sure-Oz 02-27-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8403422)
Just my opinion, but I think MU and KU are teams this year that, if you played 10 times, you would probably not get a repeat winner.

I think they are likely 2 or the top 5 or 6 teams in the nation right now.

I think they could both beat Duke. I know KU didn't early but that was early. They both just have juniors and seniors and each team has a couple guys that are absolutely fearless.

Honestly and I'm a huge KU fan, I don't know which team is better. MU has better guards and KU has better big men, KU's guards are pretty damn good and MU's big men are severely underrated. Rat was a monster Saturday, I was really impressed.

One thing I will say that I don't like is that I feel like Haith is talking to much about the officiating Saturday. I didn't like that Self talked about it after the game in Columbia either. When you are on the road like that, I always feel that shit isn't gonna go your way when it comes to that stuff. I actually felt like MU got more calls Saturday than I thought they would, with it being at AFH.

Anyway, just wanted to speak out at how impressed I am with the Tigers this year. Once we are done with you guys next weekend, I'll be rooting for the Tigers in the dance (long as the don't play KU).

Wow, i'm pretty sure you're the only KU fan that would root the tigers on if KU was out? ha

O.city 02-27-2012 07:54 PM

Against what some here might argue, MU is KU's biggest rival. I hate the Tigers as much as the next KU fan, but I respect them. I respect the hell out of their seniors this year for what they have done with a new coach.

I'm not gonna be a blind asshole about sports. My dad was/is an official, doing all the major sports. He used to always tell me, "your making that call or basing your call on your heart, not your eyes." I always try to look at things without my fan glasses on.

MU is a final four team. Will they make it? Maybe. The tournament is all about matchups. If they get a good break or two, hell yeah they are a final four team. If they run into a Kstate type team, they could struggle.

Much like KU this year, two quick fouls in the first half could run the season. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

ImAWalkingCorpse 02-27-2012 09:42 PM

I congratulated Dixon for giving the game away. Those "tears" were phony at the end of the game, I doubt he cared much.

RustShack 02-27-2012 09:45 PM

Can't wait until Wednesday.

O.city 02-27-2012 11:38 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and call a 20 plus point win for MU wednesday. Senior day after a tough loss, out with something to prove.

Sorry Rustshack.

RustShack 02-28-2012 12:21 AM

20 points? You're high.

|Zach| 02-28-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8403865)
Can't wait until Wednesday.

We have read this book before. Want us to tell you how it ends?

RustShack 02-28-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8404376)
We have read this book before. Want us to tell you how it ends?

Nah I'll tell you how it ends. Goes either way and its close at the end.

smittysbar 02-28-2012 11:36 AM

Going to the game Wednesday, hope it is a blow out

Dartgod 02-28-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysbar (Post 8405022)
Going to the game Wednesday, hope Mizzou blows them out.

FYP

smittysbar 02-28-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8405024)
FYP

:thumb:

stonedstooge 02-28-2012 11:40 AM

Hope the Tigers get em some home cooking like Kansas got Saturday. 33 trips to the charity stripe and what did Kansas miss, maybe 4 or 5 front ends of 1 and 1's? Almost 40 free throw attempts

gblowfish 02-28-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysbar (Post 8405022)
Going to the game Wednesday, hope it is a blow out

I'll be there too. Front row, baby!

duncan_idaho 02-28-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8405020)
Nah I'll tell you how it ends. Goes either way and its close at the end.

Definitely an interesting matchup.

Babb did a great job against Denmon in the first matchup, I think 6 is Marcus' season low.

However...

Iowa State shot over 50 percent from 3 while Missouri shot just 24 percent. Missouri also had the worst foul trouble it can have (both Moore and Ratliffe picked up 2 early).

That's what it took for it to be a close game in Ames. I would expect Missouri to shoot better from deep while Iowa State shoots worse in Columbia. Which probably means it's not nearly as close a game.

Royce White is an undeniable X-factor, but he's not Superman - especially on the road. He's averaging 11.4 points, 11.3 rebounds, 6.4 assists on the road, but that balances against 3.9 TOs and 3.2 fouls a game (with him picking up 4 fouls in each of ISU's past three road games and in all road games against NCAA-bound teams).

smittysbar 02-28-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8405075)
I'll be there too. Front row, baby!

Think I am in row 8 sec 108??? Not sure on the section

Pasta Little Brioni 02-28-2012 12:53 PM

OH NOEZ TEH MEDIAZ(Slapdicks on twitter) RIPPIN MU APART!! KANSAS IS INVADIN, DEY BE STOCKIN UP ON SMORE SCHNAPPS NOW!!

Mr_Tomahawk 02-28-2012 01:59 PM

Kim English ‏ @Englishscope24
128 NCAA tournament teams would be a complete joke! Oregon State vs Nebraska in the 1st round. On the Food network. Jimmy Dykes on the call

LMAO

Bowser 02-28-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8405347)
128 NCAA tournament teams would be a complete joke! Oregon State vs Nebraska in the 1st round. On the Food network. Jimmy Dykes on the call

LMAO

Hahaha

mnchiefsguy 02-28-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8405347)

LMAO

Kim English is a master of the twitter. :LOL:

gblowfish 02-28-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysbar (Post 8405177)
Think I am in row 8 sec 108??? Not sure on the section

Tiger Row is across court from the player benches. My seat is cross court from where Missouri's bench is. One of my buds works for a major Mizzou booster guy. The seats are amazing. Here's what the tickets look like, this one's a little beat up -it's been on my bulletin board in my office for a couple years.

http://i44.tinypic.com/24439eb.gif

BourbonMan 02-28-2012 08:02 PM

Once a Thug always a Thug....

Former KU player Marcus Morris cited for misdemeanor battery
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/fe...anor-b/?sports

stonedstooge 02-28-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1968 (Post 8406136)
Once a Thug always a Thug....

Former KU player Marcus Morris cited for misdemeanor battery
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/fe...anor-b/?sports

What happened with the Morris twins? I don't follow a whole lot of professional basketball, but I see the highlights on ESPN. Haven't ever seen either one of them in a game. Weren't they drafted high?

mnchiefsguy 02-28-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8406163)
What happened with the Morris twins? I don't follow a whole lot of professional basketball, but I see the highlights on ESPN. Haven't ever seen either one of them in a game. Weren't they drafted high?

One of them wound up in the NBA developmental league or whatever it is called.

stonedstooge 02-28-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8406176)

Does the other one play? Wasn't he like 2 in the draft?

crispystl 02-28-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8402437)

I agree I don't think it was as much as complacency as it was losing Flip

Trevo_410 02-28-2012 08:37 PM

marqueef is doing better than his brother actually... marcuffs just got called up to the rockets but after this thing he got into with one of his own fans... I doubt he's there to stay...

RustShack 02-28-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8405079)
Definitely an interesting matchup.

Babb did a great job against Denmon in the first matchup, I think 6 is Marcus' season low.

However...

Iowa State shot over 50 percent from 3 while Missouri shot just 24 percent. Missouri also had the worst foul trouble it can have (both Moore and Ratliffe picked up 2 early).

That's what it took for it to be a close game in Ames. I would expect Missouri to shoot better from deep while Iowa State shoots worse in Columbia. Which probably means it's not nearly as close a game.

Royce White is an undeniable X-factor, but he's not Superman - especially on the road. He's averaging 11.4 points, 11.3 rebounds, 6.4 assists on the road, but that balances against 3.9 TOs and 3.2 fouls a game (with him picking up 4 fouls in each of ISU's past three road games and in all road games against NCAA-bound teams).

That game was also back in the early stages when Iowa State was still pretty rough. They play more like a team now, and aren't as selfish individuals anymore. White isn't superman like he can me, he always chooses to pass first.

Babb has shut down every teams best player since conference play started. We've also gotten a lot better at rebounding here lately too.

Iowa State is one of those teams than can beat anyone they play, they just wont win all of them. If two of Christopherson/Allen/Babb/McGee get hot from the three theres a pretty good chance we can take it. KState was real good at shutting down three point shots until playing us Saturday because Royce White just opens it up. Double team him and he finds the open guy for the three, don't double team him and hes probably going to beat you himself.

There have been about three games this year where ISU showed up cold, if tomorrow isn't a forth time it should be a real good game.

duncan_idaho 02-28-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8406430)
That game was also back in the early stages when Iowa State was still pretty rough. They play more like a team now, and aren't as selfish individuals anymore. White isn't superman like he can me, he always chooses to pass first.

Babb has shut down every teams best player since conference play started. We've also gotten a lot better at rebounding here lately too.

Iowa State is one of those teams than can beat anyone they play, they just wont win all of them. If two of Christopherson/Allen/Babb/McGee get hot from the three theres a pretty good chance we can take it. KState was real good at shutting down three point shots until playing us Saturday because Royce White just opens it up. Double team him and he finds the open guy for the three, don't double team him and hes probably going to beat you himself.

There have been about three games this year where ISU showed up cold, if tomorrow isn't a forth time it should be a real good game.

Iowa State is 72/202 from 3 on the road in the Big 12 (including a 15-30 performance against Oklahoma that is the only time ISU has been above 40 percent on the road).

ISU has pretty consistently shot around 34 percent from 3 on the road.

It is HIGHLY, HIGHLY unlikely you guys shoot in Columbia like you did in Ames, according to the statistics. That's the only thing that really kept you in the game.

Hitting open shots becomes much tougher on the road than it is in a home arena.

ANd the main difference - Missouri shot 24 percent from deep and still beat you in Ames. It won't shoot that poorly at home. It's not like ISU is a great team at defending the 3.

smittysbar 02-28-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8406575)
Iowa State is 72/202 from 3 on the road in the Big 12 (including a 15-30 performance against Oklahoma that is the only time ISU has been above 40 percent on the road).

ISU has pretty consistently shot around 34 percent from 3 on the road.

It is HIGHLY, HIGHLY unlikely you guys shoot in Columbia like you did in Ames, according to the statistics. That's the only thing that really kept you in the game.

Hitting open shots becomes much tougher on the road than it is in a home arena.

ANd the main difference - Missouri shot 24 percent from deep and still beat you in Ames. It won't shoot that poorly at home. It's not like ISU is a great team at defending the 3.

Good post

mnchiefsguy 02-29-2012 03:00 PM

Time for Mizzou to get some mojo going for the tourney...big game tonight for the seniors at home against ISU.

O.city 02-29-2012 05:24 PM

Again, sorry Rushshack, I think you guys are running into a buzzsaw tonight.

I see the Tigers with a pretty easy win. ISU shot the ball extrememly well, with MU shooting it terrible for the game in Ames to be close.

Bambi 02-29-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8406176)

And the other one scored 12 points in last weeks rookie-sophomore game at All Star Weekend in Orlando, lol

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8408564)
And the other one scored 12 points in last weeks rookie-sophomore game at All Star Weekend in Orlando, lol

What were they drafted at? Wasn't one of them the 2nd pick?

RustShack 02-29-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8408547)
Again, sorry Rushshack, I think you guys are running into a buzzsaw tonight.

I see the Tigers with a pretty easy win. ISU shot the ball extrememly well, with MU shooting it terrible for the game in Ames to be close.

Most teams shoot pretty bad against ISU, especially the players Babb is guarding.

KC_Connection 02-29-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8406163)

The entire league has players that are as good or better than the Morris twins. Neither one is likely to ever be an impact player in any capacity.

Bambi 02-29-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8408597)
What were they drafted at? Wasn't one of them the 2nd pick?

oh no. They were drafted back to back near the end of the lottery.

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8408602)
oh no. They were drafted back to back near the end of the lottery.

Couldn't remember. Thanks

mnchiefsguy 02-29-2012 06:49 PM

Almost game time. Local station, thespot 38, carrying it tonight, so it must be a Big XII network game. Wonder who is announcing tonight?

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8408696)
Almost game time. Local station, thespot 38, carrying it tonight, so it must be a Big XII network game. Wonder who is announcing tonight?

Usually Sunvold and his partner I think

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 07:07 PM

First possession throwing up bombs

Chiefs Pantalones 02-29-2012 07:10 PM

What is up with those empty seats in the lower level all the time?

Fritz88 02-29-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8408725)

I am pretty sure the image you saw was 3 hours before the game started./Saul Good, AKA, S.G.

Fritz88 02-29-2012 07:13 PM

Mizzou better not lose this one or a number 1 seed goes outside the window.

Messier 02-29-2012 07:16 PM

Maybe they shouldn't have fireworks inside.

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 07:23 PM

Missouri looking pretty average so far

Chiefs Pantalones 02-29-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8408733)
Mizzou better not lose this one or a number 1 seed goes outside the window.

That was gone a week ago.

Dartgod 02-29-2012 07:25 PM

Yeah, not impressed.

Dartgod 02-29-2012 07:32 PM

We look like dog shit.

duncan_idaho 02-29-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8408725)

Many of the "whale" donors choose to watch the game from the suites.

I think this has been mentioned before, but people in the premium seats also have suite access, where they get free food and booze.

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 07:33 PM

Sleepwalking so far

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 07:37 PM

Might be coming to life

Chiefs Pantalones 02-29-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8408772)
Many of the "whale" donors choose to watch the game from the suites.

I think this has been mentioned before, but people in the premium seats also have suite access, where they get free food and booze.

Oh ok thanks, I didn't know.

KC_Connection 02-29-2012 07:39 PM

No defense being played in this game. Makes for exciting basketball.

Dartgod 02-29-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8408789)
No defense being played in this game. Makes for exciting basketball.

Defense excites me and I would feel a little better if we'd play some of it.

Dartgod 02-29-2012 07:45 PM

A little run here.

Dartgod 02-29-2012 07:46 PM

Very little.

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 07:46 PM

Horrible half. Hope they can get their shit together in the 2nd

Dartgod 02-29-2012 08:16 PM

How do we leave the short little white dude wide open?

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 08:17 PM

Plip getting aggressive tonight

mnchiefsguy 02-29-2012 08:19 PM

One point game. Mizzou seems to be on the verge of a run.

stonedstooge 02-29-2012 08:25 PM

White looks like NBA material