ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

burt 03-04-2016 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12112110)
Didnt you want to draft the MLB with the imaginary girlfriend number 1 overall?

My bro did...but I have to admit....it made as much sense as Geno....

burt 03-04-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12113134)
Yeah. Dorsey got far better players out of the 2013 class than the 2014 class.

burt expects us to go "I was wrong please forgive me for Geno Smith!"

I will never apologize for pounding the table for a QB, and neither should an NFL team. Well, unless the circumstances are extreme, like Brandon Weeden, Tim Tebow, or Johnny Football. Then you should absolutely apologize.

or Geno....

Bowser 03-04-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12112110)
Didnt you want to draft the MLB with the imaginary girlfriend number 1 overall?

That was his brother Domer. I learned then that Domer doesn't like people giving shit to Notre Dame, as in REALLY doesn't like it. And here I thought Pestilence was the board's Notre Dame homer, heh.

PunkinDrublic 03-04-2016 01:25 PM

You dumbasses who want to take a QB in the first round no matter what really should become Jets or Browns fans. You'll get your wet dream of a shiny new QB every year. What's not to like?

Bowser 03-04-2016 01:32 PM

Geno Smith is the ultimate "What If" scenario. Had we taken him, he would have sat the bench a minimum of two years learning the trade of being an NFL QB from Alex and Andy, two guys that know how to do it. He would not have had the bright lights and pressure of the New York media glaring down on him, and he wouldn't have been forced into the lineup before he was ready. The guy really did have the skills in college, it would have been an issue of maturity, and with no pressure, he might have actually pulled it off. Plus, a rookie QB playing for a Rex Ryan team just isn't going to end on a positive note.

Oh well, we will never know. The Chiefs have done alright without him.

Bowser 03-04-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 12113465)
You dumbasses who want to take a QB in the first round no matter what really should become Jets or Browns fans. You'll get your wet dream of a shiny new QB every year. What's not to like?

Nobody with half a brain thought Manziel was going to amount to shit in the NFL (sorry Hog Farmer). I DO want a QB in the first, but be smart about it for crying out loud.

RealSNR 03-04-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 12113465)

The Browns also fail on "safe" QBs as well. They've tried trading, free agency, drafting in the mid-late rounds. The only other avenue they haven't tried is Arena/Canada/semi-pro leagues.

If one were looking for a good model as an argument against building an NFL team a certain way, you could use the Browns for just about any strategy.

O.city 03-04-2016 01:42 PM

Sheldon Richardson amirite?

RealSNR 03-04-2016 01:47 PM

If Andrew Luck continues to get put out to dry by his shitty GM and peabrain owner, and if he struggles this year like he did last year, don't be surprised if dumbasses come out of the woodwork and start calling him a "bad pick."

You think it's impossible now, but just you wait.

Fairplay 03-04-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12113476)
Geno Smith is the ultimate "What If" scenario. Had we taken him, he would have sat the bench a minimum of two years learning the trade of being an NFL QB from Alex and Andy, two guys that know how to do it. He would not have had the bright lights and pressure of the New York media glaring down on him, and he wouldn't have been forced into the lineup before he was ready. The guy really did have the skills in college, it would have been an issue of maturity, and with no pressure, he might have actually pulled it off. Plus, a rookie QB playing for a Rex Ryan team just isn't going to end on a positive note.

Oh well, we will never know. The Chiefs have done alright without him.

This is a good post and one I agree with, he was placed as QB way to early IMO.
And under the right coaching I would venture to say practically every QB right out of college should stay on the sidelines to learn for a year or two.

burt 03-04-2016 05:09 PM

And yes....was trolling!!:clap:

Black Bob 01-07-2017 03:56 PM

Remember this? Remember what fools you were?! You think we'd be here with Geno SNR, Sorter, and the rest of you chocolate peni suckers!

Sandy Vagina 01-07-2017 04:00 PM

oooh... I like him already. :p

eDave 01-07-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12665672)
oooh... I like him already. :p

Like the 2nd coming of Jesus.

Black Bob 01-07-2017 04:29 PM

They formed a Group called "The ****ing Mob" over this stuff and prison raped me like Freddy Krueger mama. I was the only one telling them how Geno couldn't go through progressions and was a poor leader.