ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

Chief3188 05-28-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643982)
Didn't they?

They had the 32nd rated defense in yards given up but they were 19th in points given up. They definitely had a bad year as a unit that had performed quite well the season prior and that is why they drafted like 6 straight defensive players in this years draft if I remember right.

One of the reasons we won that game though was that we were able to keep our offense on the field for sustained drives which Cassel doesn't do consistently throughout a single game let alone several games regardless of what the defense is ranked. Cassel is perfectly capable of stinking it up against the last ranked defense but one thing we do know is that if the defense is good we are without a doubt in for a total stink show.

aturnis 05-28-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief3188 (Post 8644199)
They had the 32nd rated defense in yards given up but they were 19th in points given up. They definitely had a bad year as a unit that had performed quite well the season prior and that is why they drafted like 6 straight defensive players in this years draft if I remember right.

One of the reasons we won that game though was that we were able to keep our offense on the field for sustained drives which Cassel doesn't do consistently throughout a single game let alone several games regardless of what the defense is ranked. Cassel is perfectly capable of stinking it up against the last ranked defense but one thing we do know is that if the defense is good we are without a doubt in for a total stink show.

The defense won that game with the help of the Packers receivers.

Rodgers threw well, and if the D didn't make a decent play on the ball, from time to time they got lucky that the Pack WR's dropped multiple balls. The defense held Aaron Rodgers to just 6.7 ypa for his lowest total of the year. Also the only game they lost, wonder if there's a correlation there.

The d-backs covered well, the front seven sacked Rodgers 4 times and forced two fumbles.

The offense was 4/12 on third down and the rushing game went for 139. 8 of Ortons passes were to RB's for 71 yds. The only touchdown was a rushing TD, they went 1/5 in the redzone and 1/3 on goal to go.

Orton contributed 0 TD's.

Setsuna 05-28-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643292)
how do you like Blaine Gabbert?

He better show me improvement or he and Gene Smith need to skidaddle.

Setsuna 05-28-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643558)
Exactly.

It's not.

-King- 05-28-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643534)
Tom Brady was a nobody till he got a chance.

'

:facepalm:

Now I see why drafturbaters are always pissed.

RustShack 05-28-2012 11:37 PM

I just love reading that Quinn has proven that he sucks. Hes barely had a chance and has been in awful situations. There were games where he played like a young inexperienced QB(which he was), and there were games where he showed flashes of brilliance like a first round QB(which he was). If hes drafted by a loaded team he starts and never looks back and still would be the starter. He got drafted by a shit team where he was set up to fail.

Sorter 05-29-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8644453)
I just love reading that Quinn has proven that he sucks. Hes barely had a chance and has been in awful situations. There were games where he played like a young inexperienced QB(which he was), and there were games where he showed flashes of brilliance like a first round QB(which he was). If hes drafted by a loaded team he starts and never looks back and still would be the starter. He got drafted by a shit team where he was set up to fail.

He has arguably shown less flashes than Cassel. If you watched any games of Quinn in the preseason last year, you would realize he is horrible. It happens. Not all 1st round picks turn out to be even decent players.

Sorter 05-29-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8643755)
well, hopefully you get over the butthurt and realize brady quinn has a decent arm, but he's no human cannon like rivers, favre etc.

I'd watch him play if he took over, but until he does something other than what he's done in the NFL, I'll remain not a fan of quinn.

Rivers is not a human cannon. Stafford and Cutler fit that description, but not Rivers.

RustShack 05-29-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8644490)
He has arguably shown less flashes than Cassel. If you watched any games of Quinn in the preseason last year, you would realize he is horrible. It happens. Not all 1st round picks turn out to be even decent players.

He looked awful in the same offense that Orton looked awful in? Odd. Orton looked pretty dang good the year before in an offense similar to the one where he came here and looked pretty good again also. Tebow looked good when Orton and Quinn didn't because they realized they couldn't pass with that offense.

themanwithnoname 05-29-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8644511)
He looked awful in the same offense that Orton looked awful in? Odd. Orton looked pretty dang good the year before in an offense similar to the one where he came here and looked pretty good again also. Tebow looked good when Orton and Quinn didn't because they realized they couldn't pass with that offense.

You have odd definitions of good and bad. Tebow looked bad and they also drastically changed the offense for him.

I'm utterly baffled at people hanging their hope on Brady Quinn as I haven't seen anything there worth it. I'm also baffled at people saying Quinn never had a chance. He's had plenty of chances and has shown nothing for it. The guy has been lucky to hang around as a backup for this long.

BoneKrusher 05-29-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8644425)
'

:facepalm:

Now I see why drafturbaters are always pissed.

Tom Brady was allright at Michigan but coming into the pros expectations were low for him. if Bledsoe hadn't got injured we may never have seen him, he could have just floated around the league as a backup.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 08:50 AM

I can't believe this thread is still going.

You're all ****ing insane.

Brady Quinn's like the 50th best QB in the NFL. Maybe.

BoneKrusher 05-29-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644713)
I can't believe this thread is still going.

You're all ****ing insane.

Brady Quinn's like the 50th best QB in the NFL. Maybe.

prolly too many post to read but this isn't about how good quinn is now, its about how bad Castle is.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-29-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8643833)
:) Oh man, I'm taking this to the "post a picture of what you think CP users look like in real life thread," fo sho!

Randy Bobandy FTW!!!

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8644716)
prolly too many post to read but this isn't about how good quinn is now, its about how bad Castle is.

No, it's about Quinn.

Cassel is bad, but he's a ****ing HOFer compared to Quinn.

Quinn should not even be on this team. He's here because we are run by idiots.