ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Luke Joeckel may pique Chiefs’ interest at No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268644)

htismaqe 01-20-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9337315)
This.

Lots of people will eat Crow if he busts...

And that's the kicker.

If he DOESN'T bust, the idiots will just crawl back into the woodwork and disappear.

Trolls are so much fun.

The Bad Guy 01-20-2013 07:41 PM

I'm not just a Youtube/only the Pinstripe Bowl game watcher either.

I've watched him a lot the last 2 years.

There's things that are concerning (as there is with every one this year), but I do like him the best after watching more of his games again.

The Texas Tech and Kansas State games were awful. The K-State game especially. Threw into coverage a ton, didn't look comfortable. I expect those games to be honest. However, when you come on here, and read some of this god damn Knowmo inspired posts, you would have thought those games were a figment of my imagination.

The Bad Guy 01-20-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9337353)
And that's the kicker.

If he DOESN'T bust, the idiots will just crawl back into the woodwork and disappear.

Trolls are so much fun.

No, they'll probably bask in the glory of it all.

-King- 01-20-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9337296)
It's not reaction. There's literally people on here who want to paint the picture that even when he plays a bad game, it's really not that bad of a game, which is complete bullshit.

I haven't seen much of those comparisons at all.

When you say he had a bad bowl game, Sacconothing, and a few others want to jump out of their skin with a laundry list of excuses.

I'm not a Geno hater. I think he should be the pick. But those painting him as this can't miss, flawless prospect, and want to re-create the bad game matrix are ****ing stupid.

I'm not including you in this.

I agree, I'm very high on Geno but Saccoppo takes his homering to another level.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9337353)
And that's the kicker.

Trolls are so much fun.

I'd be fine if we take him. I'd be happy.

But there are people on this forum that are willing to alienate this regime if they don't pick him with the #1 overall pick...because he is can't miss.

I, like others, am not going to judge this regime off of one pick. I am willing to give them a couple of seasons to see how they build the QB position.

Geno isn't the ONLY solution to our QB problems...many on this board don't understand that.

milkman 01-20-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9337361)
I agree, I'm very high on Geno but Saccoppo takes his homering to another level.

Sac has a very good read on what Geno is capable of, but he as always gone overboard when he has his sights set on a given player.

R8RFAN 01-20-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9337336)
It is a reaction.

You're talking about the tenor of the discussion TODAY. It's absolutely different today than it was.

NOBODY, not even Sac, thinks he's a cant miss prospect.

But one can only take so much "he reminds me of Jamarcus Russell" before one snaps.

EDIT: and no offense, but if you haven't seen the comparisons, you really haven't been paying attention. The official Geno thread got invaded and it hasn't been the same since - for EITHER side of the argument.

JR was a helluva lot better in College than Geno

The Bad Guy 01-20-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9337336)
It is a reaction.

You're talking about the tenor of the discussion TODAY. It's absolutely different today than it was.

NOBODY, not even Sac, thinks he's a cant miss prospect.

But one can only take so much "he reminds me of Jamarcus Russell" before one snaps.

I'm more talking about the "well his bad games weren't really that bad". I watched them. They were that bad. You can't use stats and a few Youtube clips to tell me a different story.

htismaqe 01-20-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9337356)
I'm not just a Youtube/only the Pinstripe Bowl game watcher either.

I've watched him a lot the last 2 years.

There's things that are concerning (as there is with every one this year), but I do like him the best after watching more of his games again.

The Texas Tech and Kansas State games were awful. The K-State game especially. Threw into coverage a ton, didn't look comfortable. I expect those games to be honest. However, when you come on here, and read some of this god damn Knowmo inspired posts, you would have thought those games were a figment of my imagination.

It's obvious you're coming into this mid-conversation. I will leave it at that.

The Bad Guy 01-20-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9337374)

Not really.

RealSNR 01-20-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9337315)
This.

Lots of people will eat Crow if he busts...

**** that. Are you going to eat crow if Tyler Wilson isn't a great NFL QB?

We're people who want to see the Chiefs draft Geno Smith. We think he's really good. If they do draft him, we'll be REALLY pumped for him.

Nothing more. We're not Miss Cleos.

htismaqe 01-20-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9337361)

Because some of the arguments that got brought up took absurd to another level.

Seriously, Sac didn't start this in a vacuum.

htismaqe 01-20-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9337374)

First of all, that wasn't the point. Anybody that has seen both of them play knows they have nothing in common really, outside of the color of their skin.

Second, well...ROFL

R8RFAN 01-20-2013 07:48 PM

More chance of him being a bust 10 fold than a HOF QB

ArrowheadMagic 01-20-2013 07:49 PM

dont give a **** which one it is. Pick the one you think is the best and lets play.