ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

el borracho 08-05-2014 11:52 AM

PR on the deadlift this morning. Nothing spectacular in the world of lifting, but I'm pretty pleased considering my wonky back and the fact that I've only done deadlifts for 1.5 years.

Aspengc8 08-05-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 10795727)
PR on the deadlift this morning. Nothing spectacular in the world of lifting, but I'm pretty pleased considering my wonky back and the fact that I've only done deadlifts for 1.5 years.

man i wish i could take 100lbs off my deadlift PR and use it towards my bench. Bench ****ing sucks, still can't bench 315 w/o shoulder pain. usually stop around 250 which is when it starts firing up :(

The Franchise 08-05-2014 03:28 PM

Carb nite tomorrow night and I still have no ****ing clue what I'm going to eat.

Silock 08-05-2014 03:31 PM

Pretzels, rice cake, pasta, fat free Pringles, after dinner mints, homemade baked sweet potatoes . . . Lots of good options.

New World Order 08-05-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10793756)
Doing a little intermittent fasting this week. Trying to get those abs out.

On a related note, where can I buy size XS shirts?

Hollister, it's for twinks.

The Franchise 08-05-2014 03:33 PM

So basically I'm looking to keep my protein where it's at, lower my fat level and up my carbs. Is there a number I should shoot for in carbs?

New World Order 08-05-2014 03:36 PM

I'm starting my weight loss program today. Currently I am 220 at about 16% body fat, I want to get down 205 with 10% or so. I have already measured out my macros so I know what my carb/fat limits are.

So far the diet is:

Bfast- 2 donuts

Mid morning- protein shake

Lunch- 2 deli snwiches or chicken snwiches from mcdonalds- Pre workout meal

Post workout- Protein shake with sugar free gummy bears

Dinner- Tuscan chicken w brown rice and a salad

Before bed- Casein Protein shake

New World Order 08-05-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10796146)
So basically I'm looking to keep my protein where it's at, lower my fat level and up my carbs. Is there a number I should shoot for in carbs?

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Silock 08-05-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10796146)

I usually go for 8-9g/lbs of lean mass.

Pepe Silvia 08-05-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10796151)
I'm starting my weight loss program today. Currently I am 220 at about 16% body fat, I want to get down 205 with 10% or so. I have already measured out my macros so I know what my carb/fat limits are.

So far the diet is:

Bfast- 2 donuts

Whether I've been on a diet or not I have to have some donuts.

The Franchise 08-05-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10796194)
I usually go for 8-9g/lbs of lean mass.

That much even though it's only going to be for like a 6-7 hour window?

el borracho 08-05-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10796123)
man i wish i could take 100lbs off my deadlift PR and use it towards my bench. Bench ****ing sucks, still can't bench 315 w/o shoulder pain. usually stop around 250 which is when it starts firing up :(

100lbs off the deadlift to add 100lbs to the bench press? Heh. I would take that trade, too. Of course, I don't really know what I would look like if my bench were literally twice as much as my deadlift.

Silock 08-05-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10796207)
That much even though it's only going to be for like a 6-7 hour window?

Windows on UD2.0 are 36 hours.

New World Order 08-05-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10796205)
Whether I've been on a diet or not I have to have some donuts.

Amen brother

The Franchise 08-05-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10796538)
Windows on UD2.0 are 36 hours.

CNS is only 6-8.

Silock 08-05-2014 11:48 PM

That sucks, man. 4-5g/lbs of lean mass should be okay, then.

Aspengc8 08-06-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10796748)
CNS is only 6-8.

Just aim for 400g. It can be hard to hit during the window if you dont start it around 4PM, and I usually pass out with a box of cereal on my lap. Pasta is very dense so I like to start it with a big pasta dinner then move on to a box of cereal with a shake or 2. Luckily we have a good Italian place down the road and they make awesome desserts (Lobster tail & tiramisu mmmm).

Aspengc8 08-06-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10796151)

So far the diet is:

Bfast- 2 donuts

:hmmm:

Silock 08-06-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10798217)
Just aim for 400g. It can be hard to hit during the window if you dont start it around 4PM, and I usually pass out with a box of cereal on my lap. Pasta is very dense so I like to start it with a big pasta dinner then move on to a box of cereal with a shake or 2. Luckily we have a good Italian place down the road and they make awesome desserts (Lobster tail & tiramisu mmmm).

.Holy Christ that's a short refeed.

Canofbier 08-06-2014 05:10 PM

Got some ingredients in the mail today, so it's time that I begin to perfect my protein ice cream recipe. So far:

1/2 cup skim milk
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 tsp guar gum (for smoothness)
A knife tip of sucralose powder (I'm being conservative because the power is concentrated as hell)
Ice until the whole mix is up to 600-700 ml in the Vitamix

I load the ingredients in and blend it until I don't see ice crystals anymore. It looks a bit like this:

http://askgeorgie.com/wp-content/upl...-Ice-Cream.jpg

The end product I made tonight is sort of like a Wendy's frosty, and is genuinely tasty. I might up the sucralose dosage next time, but considering the nutritional breakdown of this stuff, I'm very happy with how it turned out. I might add some PB2 to it at some point in the future for chocolate-peanut butter ice cream.

Anyone else have some good high protein dessert recipes?

Silock 08-06-2014 05:21 PM

Nice

I've made mine with fat free cottage cheese before.

I also make protein cheesecake with cottage cheese. Protein fluff is okay, but a pain in the ass to make, IMO.

The Franchise 08-06-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10798217)

Got it. Thanks. Mine is going to be shorter than normal because I won't get a chance to eat until 6 PM. I'm going ****ing ham on those carbs though.

Aspengc8 08-06-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10798236)
.Holy Christ that's a short refeed.

Yeah its a small window. I guess its more of a carb-up than a refeed since I'm not counting calories during the weekly low carb phase. I think I tracked one or two days and was near 3K. When I start to plateau I'll actually start counting.

Silock 08-06-2014 06:32 PM

Lol

My UD2.0 refeeds are like 12,000 calories.

Aspengc8 08-06-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10798414)
Lol

My UD2.0 refeeds are like 12,000 calories.

:drool:

How strict is the week? Is it like RFL where its some lean protein and a few fish oil pills?

Silock 08-06-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10798473)
:drool:

How strict is the week? Is it like RFL where its some lean protein and a few fish oil pills?

Basically. Extremely strict. If you really want, i logged every day in last year's fitness thread.

Right now, I'm just doing RFL. Even though I'm Cat 1, I'm following Cat 2 protocols. Lyle says not to do this, but **** it . . . Working like a charm. Ripped already. Hasn't taken long at all.

Bruiser 08-06-2014 07:45 PM

I just ate a whole pizza

The Franchise 08-06-2014 08:05 PM

So far.....chicken and spaghetti with some breadsticks. And holy **** did I get hot flashes.

Bruiser 08-06-2014 08:51 PM

edit

Aspengc8 08-06-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10798484)
Basically. Extremely strict. If you really want, i logged every day in last year's fitness thread.

Right now, I'm just doing RFL. Even though I'm Cat 1, I'm following Cat 2 protocols. Lyle says not to do this, but **** it . . . Working like a charm. Ripped already. Hasn't taken long at all.

I thought you were doing UD 2.0?

Silock 08-06-2014 09:07 PM

I was. I stopped it last week to just focus on RFL.

RFL is a bit faster for fat loss. I'm not gaining strength like I *could* on UD2.0, but I'm not losing any, either.

Bruiser 08-06-2014 09:28 PM

Silock why do you high bar squat despite being able to use hip drive in the lbbs which heavily recruits the posterior chain and allows more weight to be lifted?

Silock 08-06-2014 09:38 PM

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Hammock Parties 08-06-2014 09:40 PM

fuaaaaaaark!

The Franchise 08-07-2014 09:50 AM

First Carb Nite in the books.

Went with chicken and spaghetti, a couple of breadsticks, a slice of cheese cake and a bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

Holy **** that entire night felt weird. The good thing is that I'm ready to get back to 30 carbs and under.

Omaha 08-07-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10798867)
No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

You just gave me a stroke.

jiveturkey 08-07-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10799960)
You just gave me a stroke.

Me too, or did he just have a stroke?

1moreTRich 08-08-2014 03:11 PM

Week one of the new diet and lift routine and I have figured out a couple things.

One, it is really hard to eat 146 grams of protein. I've been doing greek yogurt with fruit and granola for breakfast, Chicken Salad/Tuna Salad/leftovers for lunch, and either beef roast/pork roast/chicken breast for supper and I am lucky to get 120g. I've just found it's really hard to eat that much meat. My TDEE says I should be around 2050 calories and I can get there, but some days, with all the meat consumption, I am struggling to push over to make sure I am not at a deficient. Would it be better to eat some additional "emptier" calories than not hit my calories for the day? As I said in my previous post, main goals are to get stronger and gain more endurance. I went ahead and ordered some Optimum Nutrition Protein Powder and plan on using it for days when I am coming up short. First time I've used a protein powder so I'm a little nervous about that.

Two, damn I forgot how much I loved to lift. :)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-08-2014 03:30 PM

Maintenance....sweet maintenance.

luv 08-08-2014 09:49 PM

Woohoo! Lost my vacation gain, plus some!

Silock 08-08-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1moreTRich (Post 10803801)
Week one of the new diet and lift routine and I have figured out a couple things.

One, it is really hard to eat 146 grams of protein. I've been doing greek yogurt with fruit and granola for breakfast, Chicken Salad/Tuna Salad/leftovers for lunch, and either beef roast/pork roast/chicken breast for supper and I am lucky to get 120g. I've just found it's really hard to eat that much meat. My TDEE says I should be around 2050 calories and I can get there, but some days, with all the meat consumption, I am struggling to push over to make sure I am not at a deficient. Would it be better to eat some additional "emptier" calories than not hit my calories for the day? As I said in my previous post, main goals are to get stronger and gain more endurance. I went ahead and ordered some Optimum Nutrition Protein Powder and plan on using it for days when I am coming up short. First time I've used a protein powder so I'm a little nervous about that.

Two, damn I forgot how much I loved to lift. :)

Struggling with 146 grams? LMFAO

Dude, drink a protein shake or two if you can't eat it.

Hammock Parties 08-08-2014 10:50 PM

2 scoops of ON Whey = 50g protein

1moreTRich 08-09-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10804866)
Struggling with 146 grams? LMFAO

Dude, drink a protein shake or two if you can't eat it.

Easy man, I'm a chick and I just never paid attention to my protein intake before. Eating a pound of beef for dinner is a challenge. Based on what I am cramming down my mouth now, I was probably getting 50g before watching. I've never done protein shakes before and was trying to get it all just on diet, but I see now that I have to get it in protein shakes if I want to get there.

Hammock Parties 08-09-2014 11:28 AM

Tried a sample of ON's Casein protein.

Shit is grainy as all get out. Nasty.

Stick with whey, brah.

penguinz 08-09-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10805293)

Stick with whey, brah.

You really need to stop giving advice. ;-)

penguinz 08-09-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1moreTRich (Post 10805174)
Easy man, I'm a chick and I just never paid attention to my protein intake before. Eating a pound of beef for dinner is a challenge. Based on what I am cramming down my mouth now, I was probably getting 50g before watching. I've never done protein shakes before and was trying to get it all just on diet, but I see now that I have to get it in protein shakes if I want to get there.

Drop a scoop of protein powder in your morning yogurt.

Instead of chicken salad at lunch have straight chicken. A 4oz breast is about 36g of protein.

Have a scoop of protein mid afternoon and then your lean meat dinner and you are basically there.

Hammock Parties 08-09-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10805342)
You really need to stop giving advice. ;-)

Just saying it tastes like shit.

CanadianChiefs 08-09-2014 02:16 PM

Extreme Milk chocolate Optimun gold standard. Mix with a little water, little vanilla almond milk= yesssss

Silock 08-09-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1moreTRich (Post 10805174)

Why are you saving it all for dinner?

Pen is right -- you're eating too much other stuff. 146g of protein is less than 600 calories. That should be way less than half your intake.

1moreTRich 08-09-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10805974)
Why are you saving it all for dinner?

Pen is right -- you're eating too much other stuff. 146g of protein is less than 600 calories. That should be way less than half your intake.

I'm not trying to save it for dinner and I'm not getting enough calories. I eat 4oz greek yogurt with fruit and a little granola for breakfast (~22g), 5-8oz chicken/tuna/pork with fruit for lunch(~40-50g) and then try to eat whatever will get me all the way there for dinner(~50-60g). I added some cheese and other stuff for snacks but the portions for meals fill me up more than I thought they would and I'm never really hungry. Before I would have pasta or something with dinner that added calories easily, but the plan was to do fruit and veg intead. Right now, I eat as much of the protein as I can and only eat a little of the veg before I feel really full.

I'm not trying to make excuses or anything. I never thought it would actually be hard to eat food. I was on a intermittent fasting routine before this so I don't know if that is part of the reason I fill up so fast. I'm gonna get the protein powder and do something like pen is saying.

Silock 08-09-2014 08:45 PM

You made it sound like you were when you said you tried to do it.

In any case, you just need to make smarter choices. Ditch the Greek yogurt and granola. Eat some eggs or a protein shake and one piece of fruit. Not a lot of fruit. Just one piece.

Fat free or low fat cheese with your lunch. Throw in a protein shake mid morning and mid afternoon if you have to.

Then, instead of squeezing in your protein at dinner, because you skipped out on all the other stuff earlier, get your protein and then squeeze in some rice or more fruit then.

TheGuardian 08-09-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10805293)

Stick with whey, brah.

Don't drink it. Make a pudding with it. Put it in a bowl, add water (not a ton), and mash and stir. Makes an actually great pudding. Gotta know what the best way to use this stuff is.

Aspengc8 08-10-2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1moreTRich (Post 10806444)
I'm not trying to save it for dinner and I'm not getting enough calories. I eat 4oz greek yogurt with fruit and a little granola for breakfast (~22g), 5-8oz chicken/tuna/pork with fruit for lunch(~40-50g) and then try to eat whatever will get me all the way there for dinner(~50-60g). I added some cheese and other stuff for snacks but the portions for meals fill me up more than I thought they would and I'm never really hungry. Before I would have pasta or something with dinner that added calories easily, but the plan was to do fruit and veg intead. Right now, I eat as much of the protein as I can and only eat a little of the veg before I feel really full.

I'm not trying to make excuses or anything. I never thought it would actually be hard to eat food. I was on a intermittent fasting routine before this so I don't know if that is part of the reason I fill up so fast. I'm gonna get the protein powder and do something like pen is saying.

Maybe I missed it, but how much do you weigh? 150g protein is probably more than enough for a female (you did say that, no?).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10799556)
First Carb Nite in the books.

Went with chicken and spaghetti, a couple of breadsticks, a slice of cheese cake and a bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

Holy **** that entire night felt weird. The good thing is that I'm ready to get back to 30 carbs and under.

Comon' bro, step your game up. Had my 5th CN last night. Started a little earlier to get more carbs in.

3PM PWO: 1/2 box rice crispies treats cereal, mixed in a big salad bowl with skim milk & MTW vanilla whey.

6PM: two plates of angel hair, 2 grille chicken breasts, tomato salad from da garden.

9PM: other half of crispies treats cereal, skim milk & whey, 2 giant 'black and white' cookies from bakery, 1 frosted entemann donut (all i could find left).

Tried my hardest to get 500-600G carbs in, it was rough. I was sweating my ass off eating lol.

... patiently awaiting Silocks 12K refeed menu.

The Franchise 08-10-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10807472)
Comon' bro, step your game up. Had my 5th CN last night. Started a little earlier to get more carbs in.

3PM PWO: 1/2 box rice crispies treats cereal, mixed in a big salad bowl with skim milk & MTW vanilla whey.

6PM: two plates of angel hair, 2 grille chicken breasts, tomato salad from da garden.

9PM: other half of crispies treats cereal, skim milk & whey, 2 giant 'black and white' cookies from bakery, 1 frosted entemann donut (all i could find left).

Tried my hardest to get 500-600G carbs in, it was rough. I was sweating my ass off eating lol.

... patiently awaiting Silocks 12K refeed menu.

How often are you taking a CN?

Aspengc8 08-10-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10807518)
How often are you taking a CN?

after the 10 day break in, every saturday (7 days). The book talks about sooner carb ups if you train, but im just going to let it run its course then switch to his carb back-loading protocol after a few months.

The Franchise 08-10-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10808029)
after the 10 day break in, every saturday (7 days). The book talks about sooner carb ups if you train, but im just going to let it run its course then switch to his carb back-loading protocol after a few months.

Alright.....my next two CNs are going to be 5 days apart and then I'll move into a 7 day routine and see how that goes. Down 16 lbs so far.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-10-2014 06:03 PM

Anyone here take Ginseng or Ginkgo Biloba for energy and focus?

I'm questioning whether or not I should begin taking either one and if they actually work.

Silock 08-10-2014 06:17 PM

No 12k refeed.

Maybe 3k between last night and the three bagels I just had. Last refeed for 2 weeks. Going to the gym tonight around ten for a nice three hour workout. Gonna really take my time, do a lot of low rep stuff and get a great heavy workout in to last me through the next two weeks. All my other workouts will be higher rep stuff after this one for the next two weeks.

Tomahawk --

I take ginkgo biloba. It's the best boner medication I've ever had lol I started taking it because it's supposed to help with altitude sickness, but it's such a great vasodilator that I kept taking it. It's cheap and there's no downside.

TambaBerry 08-10-2014 07:12 PM

So, I've lost about 15lbs and can't seem to lose anymore.

Silock 08-10-2014 07:13 PM

Cut your calories. Problem solved.

CaliforniaChief 08-11-2014 11:46 AM

Went in for my weekly weigh-in, came in at 313 pounds, 13 ounces. That's a 3 pounds, 3 ounce loss for the week, and 103 lbs. down from my high. This leaves me 88 pounds and 13 ounces from my goal weight of 225 pounds (I'm 6'3").

Work in progress, but feeling encouraged!

Bruiser 08-11-2014 12:16 PM

OK I'm tired of ****ing around so I'm going to hold myself responsible by posting here daily. Time to make some gainzZz.

Buehler445 08-11-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10810382)
Went in for my weekly weigh-in, came in at 313 pounds, 13 ounces. That's a 3 pounds, 3 ounce loss for the week, and 103 lbs. down from my high. This leaves me 88 pounds and 13 ounces from my goal weight of 225 pounds (I'm 6'3").

Work in progress, but feeling encouraged!

You are kicking ass. Have you had a week that you didn't lose?

After the weight you've lost, it should be getting harder to lose. Keep on kicking ass.

penguinz 08-11-2014 01:40 PM

I think I need to go in for TRT.

ThaVirus 08-11-2014 01:51 PM

I've been making some nice gains in my lower half. My calves have grown a decent bit and, more curiously, my quads are looking more ripped/bulky but not actually bigger and despite the fact that I've put on a sizable amount of fat as of late.. Strange.

Aspengc8 08-11-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10810523)
I think I need to go in for TRT.

headin' for the dark side. :evil:

penguinz 08-11-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10812201)
headin' for the dark side. :evil:

:-)

Getting old, less energy, longer and longer to recover, harder and harder to keep fat off and mood swings.

Besides... If my wife and checkbook allowed it I would have no issues with juice. If done right nothing to worry about. ;-)

Bruiser 08-11-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10812418)

Getting old, less energy, longer and longer to recover, harder and harder to keep fat off and mood swings.

Besides... If my wife and checkbook allowed it I would have no issues with juice. If done right nothing to worry about. ;-)

Get Silock on it too.

penguinz 08-11-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser (Post 10812426)
Get Silock on it too.

He needs it. He is younger than me but I can beat him in a sprint with two bad achilles. :p

Silock 08-12-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10812431)
He needs it. He is younger than me but I can beat him in a sprint with two bad achilles. :p

We can certainly put that claim to the test ;)

Silock 08-12-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser (Post 10812426)
Get Silock on it too.

Find me a good source and a doctor to monitor my bloodwork and I'm all over it.

Aspengc8 08-12-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10812418)

If you just run test and monitor your blood levels (which is pretty much what TRT is), your fine. It's the guys that run stupid high doses of too many compounds, and never come off, that end up with problems. Hit up a good endo in your area, or find one of those anti-aging clinics. Endo is preferred route because most insurances cover it now, and he will write you a script & monitor you. Make sure you get injectable not cream or pellet garbage.

CaliforniaChief 08-12-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10810520)
You are kicking ass. Have you had a week that you didn't lose?

After the weight you've lost, it should be getting harder to lose. Keep on kicking ass.

Thanks man! Yeah, I've had a couple weeks where I either gained or stayed the same with a very disciplined week. Yeah, I'm anticipating a slowdown and need to change it up a bit to keep things interesting. For now, it's just eating well and riding the crap out of my bike.