ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

KC_Connection 03-24-2013 10:56 PM

Every game that Michigan lost this year (with the exception of one vs. MSU) involved a subpar game for Burke. So this one will likely come down to how effective Burke is/how effective KU is in stopping him. McGary's development as a player makes it a bit more complicated, but Burke is the guy that makes everything run for them.

Putting up points against Michigan's mediocre defense may also prove to be important. They simply cannot afford to go through those long stretches of awful play against top level teams.

Bambi 03-24-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9525817)
We're all that's left, Let's get us a Rock Chalk Championship!!!!!!!!!

I don't see anyone that can beat KU at this point.

Maybe it'll happen but who cares. Nights like this are why we love it.

RedDread 03-24-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 9527809)
I'm sure playing at Jerryworld will fix all that.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Chiefs Pantalones 03-24-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9527806)
They are going to have to figure out a new pregame ritual, especially for McLemore.

He really is rattled by the big stage, wonder if NBA scouts have noticed how he disappears on the road and in prime time.

He has really disappointed. The bright spot is we've won without him.

Bambi 03-24-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9525566)
UNC is 6-4 against KU all-time... so we still owe you a couple. :-D

Damn, KU is blowing by both UNC and UK in all time prestige in just a couple years. Crazy

Pants 03-24-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

He really is rattled by the big stage, wonder if NBA scouts have noticed how he disappears on the road and in prime time.

Who knows, but I doubt this very much. They play and practice so much in the NBA, it all becomes routine and the lights disappear. I think they care about size and talent. McLemore has both in droves.

Bambi 03-24-2013 11:01 PM

Kansas opens -1.5 over Michigan

KC_Connection 03-24-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9527781)
Honestly I'm more scared of Hardaway than I am Burke. Burke is stupid explosive but also makes a lot of dumb plays. The game against OSU, Craft made him look silly even though there is no way Craft could stay in front of him of Burke makes a move, but no. Burke would catch the ball and wait for Hack Attack Craft to come and beat on him.

Hardaway just jacks shots. Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't. The only thing you can really do is stop him from getting open ones and hope he goes cold. Burke, on the other hand, does pretty much everything for that team. He creates their entire offense. In my mind, if there was a MVP award in college basketball, he might be right at the top of it (Withey would be there too). If MU didn't have Burke and KU didn't have Withey, they would struggle to be top 20.

Quote:

I'm sure Burke will make us look pretty stupid at times, but I thong Withey can offset some of that if he stays out of foul trouble. Hardaway is the one I'm worried about. Dude has ice in his veins and it seems like he never ever misses.
Withey's defense will be the most important part of the game...as it usually is for this team. If there's a team that can limit Burke's slashing and shot creation, it's this version of KU I think.

Quote:

I'm excited, but Michigan is uber talented and if they hadn't had a few dumbass attacks through the year should have been #1 overall. We are going to have to come out swinging. And McLemore needs to find his game. Like yesterday.
When you're dealing with teams this good at this stage of the tournament, the games are pretty close to 50/50 (although some are lucky enough to play teams like FGCU and La Salle).

As for McLemore, they should be able to get shots for McLemore against Michigan's D, He just needs to start making them like he can and I don't see any reason he wouldn't.

Bambi 03-24-2013 11:09 PM

Tournament doesn't start until the second weekend. This tourney has so many storylines it's ridiculous.

Bambi 03-24-2013 11:20 PM

http://worldonline.media.clients.ell...167d6870b19a92

RedDread 03-24-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 9527831)
Tournament doesn't start until the second weekend.

Somebody should have told Gonzaga and Georgetown.

KC_Connection 03-24-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

They are going to have to figure out a new pregame ritual, especially for McLemore.

McLemore doesn't create his own shots. He hasn't all season. If he's struggling, it's generally because the team is struggling to get him shots. He isn't some Carmelo Anthony type freshman who can just take over and impact games in a huge way without help.

Although today I do have to say that he had several open ones and missed anyway...it was probably his worst game of the season.

KC_Connection 03-24-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 9527821)
Kansas opens -1.5 over Michigan

Bet that goes down in the next few days. KenPom has Michigan winning by one point (51% winning percentage).

Prison Bitch 03-25-2013 12:21 AM

Can't believe ku isn't favored by 3. Mich didn't do much these past three weeks but beat VCu

Pomeroy isn't looking all that hot in this tourney as it is

KC_Connection 03-25-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9527887)
Can't believe ku isn't favored by 3. Mich didn't do much these past three weeks but beat VCu

KU got blown out by Baylor and nearly got beat by WKU in the last two weeks. They haven't exactly shown great consistency in their level of play.

Quote:

Pomeroy isn't looking all that hot in this tourney as it is
Actually, eight of the system's top 10 are still in (as well as 11 of the top 15). So it's actually doing quite well by that standard.