ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

notorious 08-08-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7808743)
Yes. People are seeing things that aren't there.

We shall see.

Reaper16 08-08-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 7808702)
The only thing I've really been "meh" about so far in this show is that Jesse happens to run a fucking meth party house in a nice neighborhood 24/7 with junkies all over the yard, and the music blaring at 4am without one visit from the police?????

puuuuhlease... the cops would be all over that house in 2 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7808738)
Yeah, that crossed my mind, too.

That house is inexplicably soundproofed. In the past few episodes, from outside shots, you couldn't hear the soundsystem until the front door was opened. For whatever reason, the music isn't loud enough to disturb the neighbors. Which is not believable.

blaise 08-08-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7808540)
Yep. That scene was up there.

I'm not sure I am with you that Hank is onto them though. I still think Hank views Walt as a goofy nerd and has zero suspicion about him being connected to anything outwardly illegal, let alone the meth manufacturing.

That's what I think. And when he does find out Walt is going to say he has Hank in his pocket because he's been giving Hank money. He's already shown he'll push aside any morals, so he'd tell Hank he'd lie and say Hank knew all along if it meant staying out of prison.

Kyle DeLexus 08-08-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7808540)
Yep. That scene was up there.

I'm not sure I am with you that Hank is onto them though. I still think Hank views Walt as a goofy nerd and has zero suspicion about him being connected to anything outwardly illegal, let alone the meth manufacturing.

Idk man, Hank is good at what he does. I think he doesn't know yet, but is far more suspicious than he has been in the past and is starting to put all the evidence against Walt together. He knows that Walter is connected to Jesse yet thinks Jesse was Walt's weed dealer, so there goes the goofy nerd that wouldn't do anything illegal part. He knows the gas mask they found was from Walter's classroom, he knows Walter has a lot of cash, and most of all he has seen the change in Walter. He's probably still trying to convince himself that the change is a product of his cancer diagnosis, but the further we get from that point, the more he's going to look elsewhere for an answer.

Demonpenz 08-08-2011 12:17 PM

If you look back to an earlier season Jesse had some foam substance hanging from his Honda Prelude. The Honda Prelude should have tipped you off that the foam hanging from the vehicle would be used later. We are not sure right now if the vehicle is a Transformer as of yet. setting up a breaking bad vs Transformers movie for next summer or not. That would be a very interesting plot twist to see if optomist prime would be used as a truck to haul meth or as a robot to protect the meth while it is in route.

Buck 08-08-2011 12:39 PM

Yes!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wugY6HNLOCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thig Lyfe 08-08-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7808135)
So was Mike taking Jesse to the truck from the beginning?

uhhhhhhhh what

rocknrolla 08-08-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7809772)
uhhhhhhhh what

At the beginning when Mike was in the truck, you heard someone that sounded like Jesse and two shots. I don't know what that was all about. I'm going to have to watch it again.

Demonpenz 08-08-2011 07:40 PM

two guys shot the driver

rocknrolla 08-08-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7810204)
two guys shot the driver

Thanks. I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Backwards Masking 08-08-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7808743)
Yes. People are seeing things that aren't there.

I have to agree for now what with Hank showing Walt Gail's lab notes. But one has to wonder if he showed him because he's naive or he showed him to watch the body language and see how Walt would react. The writers can only get away with allowing Hank to be naive about this for so much longer, it's going to start getting unbelievable, it's borderline there after this episode.

The sh*t's about to hit the fan bigtime.

Zebedee DuBois 08-08-2011 08:11 PM

I agree that Hank hasn't connected Walt to the blue yet. But he doesn't think the gambling story smells right - he senses another truth is out there.

Thig Lyfe 08-08-2011 10:08 PM

Even if Hank finally connects the dots, Walt will use the same logic he used on Skylar: since he's been paying for Hank's medical bills, Hank is already complicit whether he likes it or not. Hank might get roped in to the whole scheme as a DEA mole. This show is about people with what appears to be an solid moral foundation (Walt, Skylar, even Jesse) being slowly sucked into immorality by a combination of choice and circumstance. Hank may show no signs of being a crooked cop now, but if he's forced to, he might just have to break bad himself.

keg in kc 08-08-2011 10:27 PM

Epic episode. I like how they shifted gears from last week (an ep which I also liked).

Ironically though, last week may have been the first episode in the entire series where I actually liked Skyler. This week....couldn't stand her again.

KcMizzou 08-08-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7810662)
Even if Hank finally connects the dots, Walt will use the same logic he used on Skylar: since he's been paying for Hank's medical bills, Hank is already complicit whether he likes it or not. Hank might get roped in to the whole scheme as a DEA mole. This show is about people with what appears to be an solid moral foundation (Walt, Skylar, even Jesse) being slowly sucked into immorality by a combination of choice and circumstance. Hank may show no signs of being a crooked cop now, but if he's forced to, he might just have to break bad himself.

Makes sense.