ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184595)

Skip Towne 07-20-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 4858018)
Umm no.

As for as the equipment argument I would say not if Jack had todays equipment, but what if Tiger had to play with the equipment they played with in Jacks hey day.

I would love to see an old school tournament with todays players persimmon woods, balata wound balls, the old non-rifle irons, and old bulls-eye blade putters.

Ummm, no, Jack's competition had the same equipment that Jack did. Same with Tiger..

smittysbar 07-20-2008 09:40 PM

Seriously, yes equipment has gotten better. Courses have gotten harder though. There are a shit load of VERY talented golfers these days. Tiger is a phenomenon, plain and simple. He will shatter EVERY record in golf. Not even close.

BTW, I am not a big Tiger fan, but you have to respect the guy, I mean you are watching the greatest golfer ever, make history.

Stinger 07-20-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4858043)
Ummm, no, Jack's competition had the same equipment that Jack did. Same with Tiger..

Not what I was saying .... I would love to see todays players play with that equipment. Not just Tiger mind you but everyone, atleast a one time tournament.

Dartgod 07-28-2008 01:11 PM

Went out yesterday and shot 95 (45/50). It's been a few years since I've done that. I had three pars on the front, should have been four, but I missed a three footer. I was hitting the new driver pretty good again as well.

A lot of you are probably thinking, "hmmm, 95? Who cares?" Well, I do for one...lol. When I used to play a lot, I shot in the mid-low 90s all the time, with the occassional high 80. It's probably been 4 years or more since I broke 100, so I'm pretty excited and would play every day now if I could.

Stinger 07-28-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4874708)
Went out yesterday and shot 95 (45/50). It's been a few years since I've done that. I had three pars on the front, should have been four, but I missed a three footer. I was hitting the new driver pretty good again as well.

A lot of you are probably thinking, "hmmm, 95? Who cares?" Well, I do for one...lol. When I used to play a lot, I shot in the mid-low 90s all the time, with the occassional high 80. It's probably been 4 years or more since I broke 100, so I'm pretty excited and would play every day now if I could.

Congrats.... Anytime you can make it out and enjoy the round it makes it all the more worth it. Here is to you breaking 90 next time you go out. :toast:

I actually got out on Friday for my 2nd time this year :cuss:. I usally have at least 20 rounds under my belt by this time. Played the front 9 terrible but rallied on the back, so now since I have had a taste I will have to get back on the wagon.

Mr. Plow 07-28-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4874708)

Don't worry man. I'm there with you right now. At my previous course, I could go down and shoot low 80's-mid 80's consistently. Moved out this year to a tougher course and my scored went up to low 90's-mid 90's. I just about done figuring my handicap and I'm looking at a 17 or so....maybe higher than that....I'll know after my next round.

I feel like I'm hitting the ball better this year, but on the tougher course, my score is higher. I've hit 100 more this year than I have in the past 4 years.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-08-2008 11:00 AM

Bump for the 2nd round of the PGA.

Mr. Plow 08-08-2008 11:12 AM

I thought they cancelled the golf season once Tiger went down.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-08-2008 01:06 PM

The lead has regressed back to -1. Garcia, dresses Baddeley among the leaders. Mickelson is one back after four straight pars.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-08-2008 01:13 PM

Jeev Milka rocking the villain 'stache, and Sergio misses the green from 30 yards.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-08-2008 01:14 PM

Earlier today, Villegas cold topped one out of the rough that traveled about 7 feet in the air before it scuttled down the fairway a few yards. It was delightfully pathetic.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-08-2008 01:17 PM

Mickelson throws a cockfuckin' dart into a 490 yard par 4. He has a tap in to tie the lead.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-08-2008 01:58 PM

Izturis is all over Lilly today.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-08-2008 01:59 PM

Mickelson absolutely butchers 7 after hitting a perfect tee shot.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-09-2008 12:14 PM

Mickelson, after an uneven first 5 holes, drives it to 10 feet on number 6. Redonkulous.