ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hire Daboll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255811)

DaWolf 02-04-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8348146)
Qb's like Cassel are coach killers. Romeo experienced that first hand in Cleveland. There is no way he is gonna run the guy out there again.

I think they make a push for Orton.

If they push for Orton, then you have to believe that they tell Orton that they want him to be the starter. Because Orton will likely have other options as well.

But that would be an interesting situation to watch. It would likely be an awkward situation for Cassel to have to accept a demotion, so at that point, do you just cut Cassel and sign someone like Henne to be the backup to Orton?

O.city 02-04-2012 03:44 PM

Yeah that was a catching point for myself. I just plowed thru tho.

It says he's pretty hard on players, maybe he will finally do what we all thought Haley would do and "drop the hammer" on Cassel.

O.city 02-04-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8348156)
If they push for Orton, then you have to believe that they tell Orton that they want him to be the starter. Because Orton will likely have other options as well.

But that would be an interesting situation to watch. It would likely be an awkward situation for Cassel to have to accept a demotion, so at that point, do you just cut Cassel and sign someone like Henne to be the backup to Orton?

In that situation probably.

If Cassel were to do that, I'd ask him what he has done here to deserve to stay, then see if anyone would trade like a 5 rounder for him, then likely cut him all together.

O.city 02-04-2012 03:46 PM

I'd like to see if any team would actually pick the guy up if he was a free agent.

Setsuna 02-04-2012 03:49 PM

Daboll is going to be Cassel's best friend or he will be fired mid season and not paid.

Huffman83 02-04-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8348161)
I'd like to see if any team would actually pick the guy up if he was a free agent.

Hey, Rex Grossman still gets work. Think about it.

O.city 02-04-2012 03:52 PM

Very true.

How the hell do some of these guys continue to get jobs in the NFL?

Backwards Masking 02-04-2012 03:53 PM

Run Run Pass Punt

O.city 02-04-2012 03:54 PM

The dude did put a productive offense on the field with Matt Moore at qb so maybe he has some idea of what he's doing.

God I hope we resign Orton.

splatbass 02-04-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8348130)
Oh he will be on the roster, I just don't see him being the starter.

He has never ever gotten good reviews from looking good in practice. He has essentially been spoon fed this starting role for 3 years and the fans are finally finally starting to sour on it.

The fans don't choose the starter or he would have been gone a long time ago.

O.city 02-04-2012 03:59 PM

The fans might not make the call, but they can certainly influence the situation.

If Arrowhead is 70 percent full, Matt Cassel is not going to be the starter.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-04-2012 04:01 PM

LMAO Just read this on a Facebook Chiefs page. ****ing hilarious! GO TRUE FANS!

Quote:

It appears the Chiefs Website hasn't made anything official except that they are talking to Daboll. When it is official I hope he sticks around for a while so we can keep Cassell with one OC for a few years. If we do this then we shall see what kind of QB we really have in our hands.
At least it will only take a few more years (as long as it's with only 1 coordinator) for us to know what we have in Cassel.

O.city 02-04-2012 04:02 PM

What people don't realize is that Cassel pretty much had the same OC for 3 years as Haley was basically the OC.

splatbass 02-04-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8348140)
Let's say Manning and Flynn are off the table, and you can't trade for Luck or RG3. Who out there would fit the bill to legitimately replace Cassel as a frontrunner? You've got guys like Garrard, Orton, Campbell, Henne, and Vince Young floating out there who have started before. I don't see many real upgrades, just some guys who might be at a similar level to Cassel, if not worse. That's why, sadly, whoever you sign is likely going to be in a legitimate QB battle with Cassel with a legit chance to lose that battle.

Not sure if there are any QB's out there worth trading for...

This makes sense. What is it doing on CP?

O.city 02-04-2012 04:11 PM

I think Orton is alot better than people here give him credit for.

He throws a really good deep ball, is accurate, and can really spin it. He makes some mental mistakes at times, but is usually due to over aggressiveness. I'd like to see what the guy could do with a great running game and a really good wr core.