ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9041450)
There is no arguing against FACTS, Dane.

Its not like I'm throwing out a bunch of my opinions here, Im hitting ya with straight factual evidence.

Kurt Warner won 8 games in 5 years and then under Haleys playcalling, he was in the superbowl in less than 2 seasons.

And followed it up in 2009, without Haley, with another amazing season.

If you were correct (which you're not, no offense), Warner would have taken a step back in 2009. He didn't and the Cards won the division. They beat the Packers in OT and lost to the Saints.

Pretty good for a final season.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9041464)
Disagree

Then you're a bigger ****ing idiot than I originally thought and JFC, that's really saying something.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-22-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041467)
And followed it up in 2009, without Haley, with another amazing season.

If you were correct (which you're not, no offense), Warner would have taken a step back in 2009. He didn't and the Cards won the division. They beat the Packers in OT and lost to the Saints.

Pretty good for a final season.

Stop making up facts, IDK if you know this but the OC JOB is to run the whole O not just the QB.

2008 w Haley 4th in the NFL
2009 wo Haley 14th in the NFL

BossChief 10-22-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041438)
Do you know ANYTHING about Derrick Johnson's personal life?

If not, SHUT THE **** UP.

And "This Guy" is going to destroy your stupid ass.

Buckle up, ****. You're in for a long ****ing ride.

I actually do...and he feels the same way about Haley as Larry Fitzgerald does.

Little tidbit about Haley and Fitzgerald...Fitz lost his mom to cancer some time back and after Larry caught his last TD in the superbowl (that should have been the game winner) he came to the sideline and after getting the celebrations from his teammates, he started walking to an empty part of the bench where nobody would be close to him.

Ken Wisenhunt started walking towards him to sit next to him and talk when Haley sprinted over and stopped Ken.

He grabbed Ken and told him to give Larry some time to himself because he knew what was going on.

Larry was talking to his mom and thanking her for everything.

Todd Haley was handcuffed to a losing situation in KC and once Ben realizes what Haley is trying to do with his career (resurrect it and get him back to the level of where he used to be) in Pittsburgh, he is gonna start playing lights out football again.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-22-2012 11:00 PM

Antonio Brown: Todd Haley is a 'first class' coach

By Brian McIntyre
Around the League writer
Published: Aug. 2, 2012 at 08:15 a.m.
Updated: Aug. 2, 2012 at 02:08 p.m.

In his stints as offensive coordinator with the Arizona Cardinals and head coach with the Kansas City Chiefs, Todd Haley earned a reputation for clashing with his superiors and subordinates. He had a sideline argument with Anquan Boldin in Arizona, and there was reportedly a major rift between Haley and Chiefs' general manager Scott Pioli that contributed to him being fired during the 2011 season.
Click on team name for full report; click here for a complete archive.

Haley's abrasive reputation led to questions about how he would get along with Ben Roethlisberger after the Pittsburgh Steelers hired Haley to replace Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator.

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown had the scouting report on Haley, but says it couldn't have been more wrong.

"Todd's really a cool guy -- shaking guy's hands, communicating with guys, putting in that extra time for guys, visiting with guys. (Bruce) wasn't really that type of guy -- he just went about his business," Brown said, according to Dan Gigler of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"You can't go off of what you hear about a person until you really get to meet him, and, since I met this guy, he's been first class."

It's possible that Brown still might be experiencing some euphoria after signing a five-year contract extension worth nearly $42 million last week. It's also worth noting that Brown hasn't run the wrong route or otherwise done something to draw Haley's wrath in the middle of the game. But it's also possible that Haley could have come to the realization that if he wants to be an NFL head coach again, he has to start playing nice with his players and his boss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...st-class-coach

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9041485)
Antonio Brown: Todd Haley is a 'first class' coach

By Brian McIntyre
Around the League writer
Published: Aug. 2, 2012 at 08:15 a.m.
Updated: Aug. 2, 2012 at 02:08 p.m.

In his stints as offensive coordinator with the Arizona Cardinals and head coach with the Kansas City Chiefs, Todd Haley earned a reputation for clashing with his superiors and subordinates. He had a sideline argument with Anquan Boldin in Arizona, and there was reportedly a major rift between Haley and Chiefs' general manager Scott Pioli that contributed to him being fired during the 2011 season.
Click on team name for full report; click here for a complete archive.

Haley's abrasive reputation led to questions about how he would get along with Ben Roethlisberger after the Pittsburgh Steelers hired Haley to replace Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator.

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown had the scouting report on Haley, but says it couldn't have been more wrong.

"Todd's really a cool guy -- shaking guy's hands, communicating with guys, putting in that extra time for guys, visiting with guys. (Bruce) wasn't really that type of guy -- he just went about his business," Brown said, according to Dan Gigler of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"You can't go off of what you hear about a person until you really get to meet him, and, since I met this guy, he's been first class."

It's possible that Brown still might be experiencing some euphoria after signing a five-year contract extension worth nearly $42 million last week. It's also worth noting that Brown hasn't run the wrong route or otherwise done something to draw Haley's wrath in the middle of the game. But it's also possible that Haley could have come to the realization that if he wants to be an NFL head coach again, he has to start playing nice with his players and his boss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...st-class-coach

Last time I checked, Brown was the QB

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9041484)
I actually do...and he feels the same way about Haley as Larry Fitzgerald does.

Little tidbit about Haley and Fitzgerald...Fitz lost his mom to cancer some time back and after Larry caught his last TD in the superbowl (that should have been the game winner) he came to the sideline and after getting the celebrations from his teammates, he started walking to an empty part of the bench where nobody would be close to him.

Ken Wisenhunt started walking towards him to sit next to him and talk when Haley sprinted over and stopped Ken.

He grabbed Ken and told him to give Larry some time to himself because he knew what was going on.

Larry was talking to his mom and thanking her for everything.

Todd Haley was handcuffed to a losing situation in KC and once Ben realizes what Haley is trying to do with his career (resurrect it and get him back to the level of where he used to be) in Pittsburgh, he is gonna start playing lights out football again.

I really don't give a shit about these ****ing "feel good" stories about Todd ****ing Haley.

Could you post some feel good stories about Herm Edwards? Or maybe Frank Gansz?

And clearly, you don't know about DJ.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-22-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041493)
Last time I checked, Brown was the QB

He wasn't hired to make BIG BEN HAPPY.

BossChief 10-22-2012 11:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
love

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-22-2012 11:08 PM

That brings us to Haley.

No one really knew what Haley would bring to the Steelers’ offense, but it has become clear now—Pittsburgh will be committed to the run.

6316340_crop_exact

Charles LeClaire-US PRESSWIRE

Haley has sent a message in training camp that the Steelers will be physical on offense, and they will be able to run the ball more effectively.

This is an obvious difference from training camp under Arians, where he had the offense focused primarily on throwing the ball.

It has been a complete turnaround under Haley.

Haley has a new offensive line to work with, including rookies David DeCastro and Mike Adams, and the line will definitely develop a nasty streak as camp progresses.

But even more than the personnel on the field, the team is developing a mindset on running the ball effectively.

Nearly every offensive play called during team drills has been a running play.

All of the running backs are getting involved. They are running inside and outside, and each day they are improving. It is the return of a physical brand of football.

Do not expect the Steelers to return to the days of a ground-and-pound offense, but they will be much better at it this year thanks to Haley.

More importantly, the Steelers now have their offensive identity back, and if things go as planned, it will indeed get them to where they want to go—a Super Bowl championship.
http://steelersmobile.com/wp/28336

What QB in the NFL wouldn't be pissed? Haley was hired to keep Ben on his feet not Hurt.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9041477)
Stop making up facts, IDK if you know this but the OC JOB is to run the whole O not just the QB.

2008 w Haley 4th in the NFL
2009 wo Haley 14th in the NFL

Hey dumbshit, the Cardinals won the division in 2009. That is NOT a step backwards.

The 2004 Chiefs finished with higher offensive yardage ranking than the 2003 Chiefs, yet they only won 7 games.

Stats only tell part of the story.

BossChief 10-22-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041497)
I really don't give a shit about these ****ing "feel good" stories about Todd ****ing Haley.

Could you post some feel good stories about Herm Edwards? Or maybe Frank Gansz?

And clearly, you don't know about DJ.

yeah, actually..I do.

I know a whole lot about his personal situation, doesn't mean I am gonna post that information.

Let me tell you this much...there was a correlation between that story I posted and DJ.

That's all I'm gonna say.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9041505)
http://steelersmobile.com/wp/28336

What QB in the NFL wouldn't be pissed? Haley was hired to keep Ben on his feet not Hurt.

How does a commitment to the running game affect the passing philosophy?

JFC, you talk out of your ass more than Roy III.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9041501)
He wasn't hired to make BIG BEN HAPPY.

Gee, thanks.

:rolleyes:

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-22-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041514)
How does a commitment to the running game affect the passing philosophy?

JFC, you talk out of your ass more than RoyIII.

Someone is just Bitter time to get over your Hate.