ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

MGRS13 01-02-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9268328)
you declaring that no big name is ever coming to KC is the stuff of whiny bitchdom, not anything rationale.

Pioli,Weis,Crennel and Haley were all big or hot names

I will give you Pioli but not the others. Haley was so hot we hired him in what Feb? Weis and Crennei were "Hot" untill they both proved they couldn't be head coaches. None of those guys (at the time we hired them) were at the top of the list for every team looking for a head coach.

crossbow 01-02-2013 12:30 PM

Pioli was three time executive of the year when Clark hired him. Everyone in the NFL thought it was a brilliant move.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9268330)
why? at least we are trying.

I don't know if the whole "I can fix" Kolb argument is a good strategy for Reid if he wants the AZ job. How would you like it if Reid told Clark "I can fix Cassel?" I'd run for the hills.

In all fairness, Andy Reid shouldn't really have to "sell" himself to anyone.

He certainly doesn't have to claim to be able to "fix" a guy he thought so little of he traded.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9268331)
Clark gave Pioli an extension months after Pioli had to fire his first head coach 2 1/2 years into his tenure and the plan to build the franchise focused on Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn being led by Brian Daboll. Ha, ha, ha, yeah he deserves to lose 20 mil out of pocket.

Be careful what you wish for with a more hands-on owner.

What's the alternative? Wish that he returns to the hands-off approach that we already know doesn't work?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2013 12:31 PM

If he went to Arizona you'd have Reid, Harbaugh, Fischer, and Carroll coaching in that division. :eek:

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9268346)
If he went to Arizona you'd have Reid, Harbaugh, Fischer, and Carroll coaching in that division. :eek:

AFC West is a much easier win going forward

2 years and Manning is going and we don't have a single QB worth a shit in the division.

gotta figure that Rivers is gone by then as well ... one way or another.

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9268335)
Arizona's Bidwell is supposed to be really cheap.

That was his reputation back in St. Louis but that changed once he moved to St. Louis and they've lost the "cheap" image since Michael Bidwell became team president back in 2006.

ILChief 01-02-2013 12:34 PM

He's getting the $$$, he has a contract. He either gets it and stays or gets it and gtfo

BigBeauford 01-02-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Then everyone would start calling the NFC West the "premiere" division in football.

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9268352)
AFC West is a much easier win going forward

2 years and Manning is going and we don't have a single QB worth a shit in the division.

gotta figure that Rivers is gone by then as well ... one way or another.

I hope not, I would like playing against him with a good team.

crossbow 01-02-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9268338)
Exactly. Manning is 36, how long does he realistically have before the frankenstein screws keeping his head to his neck fall off? Phillip Rivers is on the backslide of his career, and Palmer might be done. If I were reid, this is THE golden opportunity to own a whole division for a decade. Niners has have a young talented team, the seahawks, the same, hell even the rams will actually compete every now and then. He should be at that age where a legacy matters to him.

Palmer suffered severe rib injuries at his last game and may be done.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...ith-rib-injury

Deberg_1990 01-02-2013 12:36 PM

What happened with all the Bill Cowher rumors? Has he even mentioned he wants to return to coaching?

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

In reality, it's not all that much removed from what he's faced over the years in the NFC East with Joe Gibbs, Shanahan, Coughlin, Phillips, etc.

I expect Andy Reid to go where he feels most comfortable, regardless of the division and/or conference. He's in total control of his destiny.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9268298)
I remember back when John Elway was in his prime...nobody had a chance at the AFCW....oh wait.

The AFCW is impossible to steal with Manning in town. Or fall back-asswards into.

But it's not impossible to win. You have to actually have a good team to do it now, which is good for the level of play in KC.

Exacty.

People still don't get that 2010 was smoke and mirrors.

This division is easy to win; Denver did it last year at 8-8.

The only 'complete' teams they played this year (Atl, Hou, and NE) are the 3 games they lost.

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9268360)
What happened with all the Bill Cowher rumors? Has he even mentioned he wants to return to coaching?

What rumors? The only speculation I've seen about Cowher is on Chiefsplanet.