ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Mad Men (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231096)

BigRedChief 05-01-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10591367)
Really good ep.

I'm not happy with the new episodes. I'm just not enjoying them like the previous seasons for some reason. Can't put my finger on it just yet.

SLAG 05-01-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10597837)
I'm not happy with the new episodes. I'm just not enjoying them like the previous seasons for some reason. Can't put my finger on it just yet.

Its called.... the '70s

Pitt Gorilla 05-11-2014 11:48 PM

Ginsburg has a new show on NBC.

Baby Lee 05-12-2014 03:35 AM

2nd 2001 reference in 2 weeks.

Last week the elevator in the dimensions and jet black coloring of the monolith, and the self-same title of the episode.
This week Lou and Curtis speaking behind glass where you see their lips move but hear nothing but the hum of the computer.

Baby Lee 05-12-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10624981)
Ginsburg has a new show on NBC.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8R8ydoPHfrY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Discuss Thrower 05-12-2014 10:13 PM

Last night's episode was IN-SANE.

Between the throwback to Anna Draper's family, Megan's attempt to spice up the marital bed and the power move Don pulled.

Oh man.

And I'm a sucker for Cristin Millioti, so I'll give Ginsberg's show a shot if it doesn't get canceled within a day like the Jerry O'Connell and Tony Shaloub show did.

Discuss Thrower 05-26-2014 12:25 AM

"The Moon belongs to everyone."

Skyy God 05-26-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10650994)
"The Moon belongs to everyone."

Love that ending.... up there with Carousel.

Jon Hamm acts the shit out of that scene.

Skyy God 05-26-2014 08:27 PM

The actual finale has a tough act to follow.

DJ's left nut 04-08-2015 11:07 AM

Hey fellas - Mad Men is back.

Thoughts? It's kinda feeling like Wiener may be pushing this ever so gently down the path of a fairly happy ending for most parties, which surprises me a great deal.

I mean hell, Don's unlikely to ever really have an epiphany and become an upstanding family man, but really - that's probably not happy for Don. Honestly, he looks to be heading down the same path as Roger Sterling. He's avoiding a fair number of purely self-destructive tendencies at this point and has re-established himself as a critical part of the agency. His talent wouldn't have vanished so he'll likely occupy that corner suite for as long as he can keep from blowing himself out of the water.

At this point it just looks like Don's gonna Don. I still can't stand Peggy - uptight, militantly unhappy shrew is pretty much gonna be an uptight militantly unhappy shrew. Whatever.

I feel like this season is pretty much going to be an episode to episode 'wrapup' of various characters/storylines. Wiener has put too much thought/artistry into these characters to simply drop a bomb with a couple episodes left and walk away. Perhaps someone will fall out of that window still but I don't see it and frankly would be a little disappointed by it.

NewChief 04-08-2015 11:09 AM

Episode was okay. But holy shit... I actually got this since of nostalgic well being when the opening music came on. It was so weird.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-08-2015 11:22 AM

I think we will lose 2 main characters before it's over, not including Don. I think Don ends up washed up somewhere. But I bet Roger kicks the bucket - car crash? And Pete suicide?

Discuss Thrower 04-08-2015 11:27 AM

Ken Cosgrove was my favorite bit character.. And it looks like he's about to become more awesome.

NewChief 04-08-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11425117)
Ken Cosgrove was my favorite bit character.. And it looks like he's about to become more awesome.

The Cosgrove revenge play was by far my favorite part of the episode, besides the waitress reading John Dos Passos.

Baby Lee 04-08-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11425121)
The Cosgrove revenge play was by far my favorite part of the episode, besides the waitress reading John Dos Passos.

Trying to figure Elizabeth Reaser's casting there.

Was it just her passing resemblance to Maggie Siff?
Is she starting a more substantial arc?
Has her star power fallen far enough that she's a one-off guest star type now?