ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

Dunit35 04-20-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7580395)
Make sure you work on proper finger tip placement. Also, take a slow deep breath, exhale and hold, fire.

Thanks. I need an expert with me. It was pretty windy and chilly and my dumbass wore shorts.

Also, I have no clue how this rear sight works.

TrebMaxx 04-20-2011 07:24 PM

Practice never hurts as well!

notorious 04-20-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7580381)
I tried the Tapco magazine today, gun worked much better, no failures. Also bought some Tulammo for the 9mm.

My accuracy for the SKS isn't very good. How do I improve my accuracy with it and a handgun? I changed my trigger finger location but I know I'm reverting back to using the line on my finger when multi firing.

I did horrible at 100 yards the first mag with 9/20 on a medium sized target. I changed my trigger pull and went 7/12 the next.

Put a 3x3 white target holder with 2-3 5" sticker targets. Place it 25 to 50 yards out, fire 5 shot groups.

Really pay attention to where your front site/rear sight relationship is. Start with the front sight being EXACTLY ruler flat with your back site and centered. Fire a 5 shot group and see where the bullets end up.

Adjust/correct your viewpoint on the front and rear sights and fire another group at a new target. Repeat until you know exactly where the bullets are going to go.

I started with 25 yards until I got a 1" group. At 100 yards I can 4-5" group my Saiga .308 (Iron Sights/ Open Sights). My bullet impact spot at 100 yards is the very tip of the front sight when it is ruler flat with the rear sight.

Good Luck.

BTW, does your SKS have a floating firing pin or a spring pin? The floaters can fire randomly, so be careful!

Frazod 04-20-2011 07:27 PM

Glad this got bumped.

One of my friends got a new AR last week and outfitted his with an EOTech sight. Damn him. Now I want one and I'm thisclose to getting it. Hard to justify the expense, though, but that hasn't stopped me with anything else I've added so far.

Who has one? Is it really worth the price?

TrebMaxx 04-20-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7580450)
Glad this got bumped.

One of my friends got a new AR last week and outfitted his with an EOTech sight. Damn him. Now I want one and I'm thisclose to getting it. Hard to justify the expense, though, but that hasn't stopped me with anything else I've added so far.

Who has one? Is it really worth the price?

EOTech's are nice but I have a 4x32 ACOG on my AR. Worth every penny!

notorious 04-20-2011 07:32 PM

Pretty Pictures!!!! Here is a rough illustration of the impact point on my Saiga .308. It should be roughly the same as your SKS.

http://i55.tinypic.com/3169sm8.jpg

Dunit35 04-20-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7580443)
Put a 3x3 white target holder with 2-3 5" sticker targets. Place it 25 to 50 yards out, fire 5 shot groups.

Really pay attention to where your front site/rear sight relationship is. Start with the front sight being EXACTLY ruler flat with your back site and centered. Fire a 5 shot group and see where the bullets end up.

I started with 25 yards until I got a 1" group. At 100 yards I can 4-5" group my Saiga .308 (Iron Sights/ Open Sights). My bullet impact spot at 100 yards is the very tip of the front sight when it is ruler flat with the rear sight.

Good Luck.

BTW, does your SKS have a floating firing pin or a spring pin? The floaters can fire randomly, so be careful!

Couldnt tell you. I have no clue what either of those are. I have read about it though, so I've been taking precautions. Ill buy some targets soon.

Frazod 04-20-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7580475)
EOTech's are nice but I have a 4x32 ACOG on my AR. Worth every penny!

Shit, I shouldn't even get the EOTech, let alone something that's twice as expensive!

notorious 04-20-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7580490)
Couldnt tell you. I have no clue what either of those are. I have read about it though, so I've been taking precautions. Ill buy some targets soon.

When you break it down for cleaning, it will either have just the firing pin or there will be a spring surrounding the firing pin.

The spring is there to hold the pin until trigger pull, then return it rearward. With no spring, it has nothing to hold the pin back, thus creating a bad random situation.

spida_man23 04-20-2011 07:51 PM

glock 40 is a nice ass handgun... id like to get one them. kill some thing!

Dunit35 04-20-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7580507)
When you break it down for cleaning, it will either have just the firing pin or there will be a spring surrounding the firing pin.

The spring is there to hold the pin until trigger pull, then return it rearward. With no spring, it has nothing to hold the pin back, thus creating a bad random situation.

Ah, I have to clean it before I shoot it again. So, I'll find out.

TrebMaxx 04-20-2011 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7580502)
Shit, I shouldn't even get the EOTech, let alone something that's twice as expensive!

It's sweet, bought it for my nephew for his 3rd tour in Iraq so it has some history and some battle patina.

Frazod 04-20-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7580878)
It's sweet, bought it for my nephew for his 3rd tour in Iraq so it has some history and some battle patina.

The thing about the Eotech is that I can get holographic sight now and then add the magnifier later. About $1,100 all total, but not all at once.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 04-20-2011 10:00 PM

My little toy. Haven't fired it in a while and given the fact it's birthday was 1959, I'm not sure how many more rounds I <b>should</b> put through it.

http://wapforum.ge/files/walther_p38_203.jpg

Will probably be in the market for something new later this year or next year.

TrebMaxx 04-20-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7580938)
The thing about the Eotech is that I can get holographic sight now and then add the magnifier later. About $1,100 all total, but not all at once.

Really, you can't go wrong with an EOTech. I would like to get one for my AK.