ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals * Kansas City Royals @ Philadelphia Phillies Game Thread (4/6) * (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271817)

Mother****erJones 04-06-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel D (Post 9563177)
Read my post again with both eyes open and your brain somehow actively and accurately processing input. I said Holland only needed to get the FINAL 2 outs. I also said Yost should have had the hot hand (Herrera) start the 9th inning, and then, IF HERRERA GOT IN TROUBLE EARLY IN THAT INNING, to bring in Holland.

BTW, Holland did give up a hit and Yost, I'm sure, was ready to then bring in someone else. Unfortunately, by that time, everyone had left the ball field.

You don't ****ing process what a closer's role is. You can't take a chance that Herrera gets into trouble. You don't want your closer coming into a mess. Let him start fresh with no one on. He just didn't have it tonight. It happens.

Sure-Oz 04-06-2013 08:57 PM

Holland even after starting off bad and hurt was one of the best relievers last year. Chill the **** out people.

Three7s 04-06-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9563178)
That's why he came right back and struck out the next 2 hitters? Ok

Hud said it himself. Domonick Brown got HIMSELF out, Holland just got lucky he was a young hitter. He did get Mayberry out, but only because he was taking all the way due to the horrid control. Then the next guy pinch hits, knowing it's gonna be a "get me over" fastball and killed it.

doomy3 04-06-2013 08:59 PM

I honestly just read the Planet literally shaking my head at the responses anymore. I am very curious to know what the collective IQ is of these posters who overreact to everything in every sport they post about.

MeatRock 04-06-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9563197)
Hud said it himself. Domonick Brown got HIMSELF out, Holland just got lucky he was a young hitter. He did get Mayberry out, but only because he was taking all the way due to the horrid control. Then the next guy pinch hits, knowing it's gonna be a "get me over" fastball and killed it.

Hud's a ****ing idiot. Brown swung at a catastrophic slider, he didn't just get himself out.

lewdog 04-06-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9563187)
As long as Yost is ok with losing games like this then sure. I am not even really mad about this game, this is just what the Royals do.

ROFL

This loss isn't on Yost! He put in a very capable closer who didn't have it tonight. Again, this is baseball. If Hollands has a few more outings like it, then yes, not removing him from the role would be on Yost. But not tonight, that was on Holland.

KevB 04-06-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel D (Post 9563177)
I also said Yost should have had the hot hand (Herrera) start the 9th inning, and then, IF HERRERA GOT IN TROUBLE EARLY IN THAT INNING, to bring in Holland.

Just curious, but did you say this beforehand, or just after Holland blew the lead. I don't remember a single poster suggesting Holland shouldn't come in to start the 9th.

MeatRock 04-06-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9563197)

It also wasn't a get me over fastball either. It was located badly, waist - chest high fastball, a poor pitch. JFC you act like Holland sucks and has never pitched well. Holland was close to dominant last year.

Al Bundy 04-06-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9563205)
ROFL

This loss isn't on Yost! He put in a very capable closer who didn't have it tonight. Again, this is baseball. If Hollands has a few more outings like it, then yes, not removing him from the role would be on Yost. But not tonight, that was on Holland.

Yost saw he didn't have it. Yost sat on his hands, the Royals lost. It's not big deal this is one game, however this IS what the Royals do.

MeatRock 04-06-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9563212)
Yost saw he didn't have it. Yost sat on his hands, the Royals lost. It's not big deal this is one game, however this IS what the Royals do.

For ****'s sake. :spock:

okcchief 04-06-2013 09:09 PM

I just finished this on the DVR. **** you Holland! GOD DAMN IT!

lewdog 04-06-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9563212)

You continue to defy logic. Somehow I thought 2013 might hold out hope for you. Sadly, I was too optimistic.

lewdog 04-06-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9563219)
I just finished this on the DVR. **** you Holland! GOD DAMN IT!

Ummmmm, blame Yost. Haven't you heard?

GloryDayz 04-06-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9563213)
For ****'s sake. :spock:

Now you're just sucking up to Yost....

stonedstooge 04-06-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9563196)
Holland even after starting off bad and hurt was one of the best relievers last year. Chill the **** out people.

Broxton was the closer for the first half the season. But Holland did come on strong and earn the closing job. Guess we'll find out if he keeps it this year