ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ****Official Pc vs Console thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278866)

Imon Yourside 03-20-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11393010)
Understood. Good luck. You should be able to find one pretty easily that was a versatile chipset. Offer stands if you change your mind.

Well that's pretty kewl there fish, I take spare parts i find and build computers for neighborhood kids that can't afford them. No i don't mean in Overland park, but in other neighborhoods. You should consider doing that if u can't find a home for that mobo. To see the looks on the kids faces it's definitely worth it.

eDave 03-20-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 11393606)
Well that's pretty kewl there fish, I take spare parts i find and build computers for neighborhood kids that can't afford them. No i don't mean in Overland park, but in other neighborhoods. You should consider doing that if u can't find a home for that mobo. To see the looks on the kids faces it's definitely worth it.

Right on.

ragedogg69 03-20-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11390986)
Consoles certainly have their place. Hell, I have a Wii U that I use just as much as steam.
Maybe when a ps4 drops to $200 or gets uncharted. Right now it would be dumb to buy a whole new console for $350 when i can get the same game better and cheaper on pc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11391000)
Just curious, what games do you consider to be reasons to purchase a console that have been released already on ps4 and xbone?

Everything for these consoles I have seen that have been "console buyers" either release with a meh or havnt been released yet.

I swear I am not SuperBunnyHop:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/36F3rxHRlE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 03-20-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11394856)
I swear I am not SuperBunnyHop:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/36F3rxHRlE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

there is too much emphasis on graphics these days. If you enjoy the games and are having fun that should be all that matters.

When I got my gaming PC I was all hyped about getting the graphics update. AFter a few months I realized I wasn't getting a different experience at all. Was it prettier? Sure. Was it better? Depends on what you consider better I guess. For me, it just didn't feel like I was getting a different experience overall.

I'm sure a lot of this is because I'm a one trick pony. I only like first and third party shooters and just don't really enjoy the other games that much. I try these other games that my kids like and just find myself frustrated and bored with them. These are mostly indie titles and side scrollers. It actually amazes me that we still have so many side scrollers.

eDave 03-20-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11395049)
there is too much emphasis on graphics these days. If you enjoy the games and are having fun that should be all that matters.

When I got my gaming PC I was all hyped about getting the graphics update. AFter a few months I realized I wasn't getting a different experience at all. Was it prettier? Sure. Was it better? Depends on what you consider better I guess. For me, it just didn't feel like I was getting a different experience overall.

I'm sure a lot of this is because I'm a one trick pony. I only like first and third party shooters and just don't really enjoy the other games that much. I try these other games that my kids like and just find myself frustrated and bored with them. These are mostly indie titles and side scrollers. It actually amazes me that we still have so many side scrollers.

I'm a graphics whore. Story is low on my list. I'm a visual guy. Graphics, for me, add to the immersion. I need immersion. That's my escape.

I'm currently going nuts with Cities: Skylines. The first mod I grabbed was a street level view. I want to be IN that city, walking around, checking out my traffic bottlenecks.

To each their own I say. Enjoy it how you like.

kcxiv 03-20-2015 04:33 PM

im with Guru, do i like to see good graphics? sure who doesnt, but is that a huge factor in a game for me? **** no, its last on the list in terms if what i want a game to be. Make the game fun. If its fun, ill play.

Ragged Robin 03-20-2015 10:30 PM

steamboxes look cool, starting at $600-700 bux.. I doubt it but hopefully these are a success and convince AAA studios to bring exclusives over to at least SteamOS/Linux if not Windows as well. Most of the shit used to develop PS4 games directly ports to Linux easily so who knows

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353410/

kcxiv 03-20-2015 10:57 PM

better off just building your own machine for cheaper and you can use it for whatever the hell you want. lol

007 03-20-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11395713)
better off just building your own machine for cheaper and you can use it for whatever the hell you want. lol

Yeah, that is my thought as well. A steam box is essentially just a branded PC anyway if I understand it right.

hometeam 03-21-2015 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11395692)
steamboxes look cool, starting at $600-700 bux.. I doubt it but hopefully these are a success and convince AAA studios to bring exclusives over to at least SteamOS/Linux if not Windows as well. Most of the shit used to develop PS4 games directly ports to Linux easily so who knows

I cant imagine any true exclusives for Linux. PC/Linux maybe, but not just Linux.

Ragged Robin 03-21-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11395955)
I cant imagine any true exclusives for Linux. PC/Linux maybe, but not just Linux.

I mean like, bring over the would-be console exclusives to SteamOS/Linux

ragedogg69 03-21-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

These are mostly indie titles and side scrollers. It actually amazes me that we still have so many side scrollers.

I am the opposite. FPS bore me unless they are different in some way. I would rather play an indie like shovel knight than COD whatever.

Valiant 03-21-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

No, you have the right idea. It is not about the graphics for PCs.. Sure they can hit some amazing detail for a cost. But you do not have to spend a lot. That is the myth of PC gaming, it does not cost a fortune.

Valiant 03-21-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11395692)

Steamboxes are a waste of money. Build your own, they are all overpriced.

New World Order 03-22-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11396101)
I am the opposite. FPS bore me unless they are different in some way. I would rather play an indie like shovel knight than COD whatever.

Star Wars will be cool. I think that's fps