ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

ToxSocks 02-21-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9422503)
Or they have already decided to pick Jokel.

Dun dun dun

ToxSocks 02-21-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422505)
Media is going to start hyping someone for the first overall pick.

And it usually starts with a QB

Dun Dun Dun....again

O.city 02-21-2013 11:52 AM

We haven't heard a whole lotta smoke about Joeckel to KC, maybe they've already made the decision.

hometeam 02-21-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9422507)
Dun dun dun

http://i.imgur.com/U71Ms.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422489)
"Many experts expect Geno Smith to be the top player picked in the upcoming draft"

Thats what they went to commercial with on NFL am.

They are going to breakdown the top five guys to watch at the combine when they come back from commercial.

And so it begins..... Better late than nevar.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 11:55 AM

I may actually cry if we take a fatty....
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Lee 02-21-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422489)
"Many experts expect Geno Smith to be the top player picked in the upcoming draft"

Thats what they went to commercial with on NFL am.

They are going to breakdown the top five guys to watch at the combine when they come back from commercial.

Any updates for those of us who cannot get to a TV?

htismaqe 02-21-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422463)
I would like to believe that, but at this point, who knows.

My gut tells me not to trust them but my head tells me all signs point to a QB. I'm definitely conflicted but I think these guys are way different than Carl and Scott.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9422476)
I don't want to go through this again, but dude, you live in Iowa, I live literally 10 minutes from Arrowhead. Trust me, people in KC want a QB.

I talk to people online through other outlets other than this one. I have 4 family members who live in KC, and in recent weeks I've spent time with midwesterners at business outings in Dallas and Charlotte.

You must run with a different group of people.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9422520)
Any updates for those of us who cannot get to a TV?

They said Geno has all the tools to be the top pick, but that he may need a year to adjust to the NFL game.

I was like "duh, who doesn't"

The Franchise 02-21-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422533)
They said Geno has all the tools to be the top pick, but that he may need a year to adjust to the NFL game.

I was like "duh, who doesn't"

That's it? ****ing idiots....

O.city 02-21-2013 12:07 PM

Well, if he's shown that he's the top pick tools wise, he has the combine to show that he has the other capabilities.

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 12:07 PM

If Geno is ranked in the top 10 on their big board i just don't see how the Chiefs don't pick him.

If it's close they have to go QB.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9422555)
If Geno is ranked in the top 10 on their big board i just don't see how the Chiefs don't pick him.

If it's close they have to go QB.

Yep.

O.city 02-21-2013 12:10 PM

Seems every year, from the end of the season to the combine guys get absolutely picked apart, fairly or unfairly. Then the combine hits and things either get worse or swing the other way.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:11 PM

EJ Manuel will likely be the best NFL QB out of this draft. Hoping we can get him in the 3rd or trade back into the 2nd.

O.city 02-21-2013 12:13 PM

Why are fans of other teams allowed to constantly troll the board?

Canofbier 02-21-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422572)
EJ Manuel will likely be the best NFL QB out of this draft. Hoping we can get him in the 3rd or trade back into the 2nd.

You really think so? He's a great physical prospect, but I've read that he's not terribly smart. That's exactly what has caused so many other "physical talents" to fail at the position in the past. I'd agree with you that he's worth a low-2nd or 3rd round pick due to his sheer potential, but I'd be very surprised to see him develop into a franchise-type QB.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

He will go the eagles at 36.

ToxSocks 02-21-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422582)

I don't think he's trolling, he might be right, we certainly can't say that he's wrong. There is no way of knowing.

I think Manual may end up being a better QB than we give him credit for.

O.city 02-21-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9422594)
I don't think he's trolling, he might be right, we certainly can't say that he's wrong. There is no way of knowing.

Thats fine if he thinks that, but I'm guessing you don't know his background around here.

And to do it in the Geno Smith thread? Really?

aturnis 02-21-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422363)
I put no stock into T.J. Carpenter reports. Just saying he's a goof. He continually gets corrected on his info. Everyone he's talked to, probably means the janitorial crew.

Carpenter is a know nothing clown. Pretty sure his knowledge of other sports is what qualifies him for his job. Not bright when it comes to football.

I'm guessing by "people I'm talking to", he means "the closest guy in the bleachers I asked, who doesn't know who I am, nor do I know who he is..." The guy is not connected at all.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

He needs A LOT of coaching. He's one of the most raw prospects I've seen in a long time.

The vast majority of his game in college was dump offs and runs.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422582)

Why are Chief's fans so insecure to where if any outside opinion breaks their circle jerk, they get uncomfortable and hostile?

It's bizarre. I have not seen this with any other fan base, and I also go to Raiders and Eagles board(due to proximity in the draft).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9422592)
You really think so? He's a great physical prospect, but I've read that he's not terribly smart. That's exactly what has caused so many other "physical talents" to fail at the position in the past. I'd agree with you that he's worth a low-2nd or 3rd round pick due to his sheer potential, but I'd be very surprised to see him develop into a franchise-type QB.

Let me ELBORATE. I think he has the POTENTIAL to. I think right now Geno is the better QB.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9422602)
Carpenter is a know nothing clown. Pretty sure his knowledge of other sports is what qualifies him for his job. Not bright when it comes to football.

I'm guessing by "people I'm talking to", he means "the closest guy in the bleachers I asked, who doesn't know who I am, nor do I know who he is..." The guy is not connected at all.

He's supposedly an SEC "insider" that's why they hired him.

O.city 02-21-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422605)
Why are Chief's fans so insecure to where if any outside opinion breaks their circle jerk, they get uncomfortable and hostile?

It's bizarre. I have not seen this with any other fan base, and I also go to Raiders and Eagles board(due to proximity in the draft).

Why are Jags fans stupid enough to say their team runs a 34/43 LEO?

It's bizzare. It's like saying the Chiefs run a 34 OLB.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:19 PM

Mort talking about Geno on 610 at the combine....

This is a true student of the game

Worker
Good football iq
Little over 6'3"
Great deep ball accuracy

Wants to go first overall...says if they think he can be their QB, they shouldn't care if its the top pick. Just take him

"The chiefs won't be able to trade down"

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:21 PM

Thinks 2-3 qbs go in first.

50-50 shot we trade for Foles.

Says either a third rounder or a conditional 4th would be a reasonable asking price

DaKCMan AP 02-21-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can. He's wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9422603)
He needs A LOT of coaching. He's one of the most raw prospects I've seen in a long time.

The vast majority of his game in college was dump offs and runs.

Thank you.

IMO, Manuel's ceiling is Aaron Brooks and I don't think he'll ever get close to that.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Let me elaborate. What I meant what I think Manuel has the POTENTIAL to be. Geno is obviously better right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422611)
Why are Jags fans stupid enough to say their team runs a 34/43 LEO?

It's bizzare. It's like saying the Chiefs run a 34 OLB.

You're a moron. Many, many, many people refer to it as a 4-3/3-4 LEO defense. Because LEO is not a traditional position in those defenses.

Example;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...w-does-it-work

Oh Look, the Seahawks BR page calling it a LEO defense.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:22 PM

No John Elway or Dan Marino...but thee are some good quarterbacks.

Nothing about Barkley that wows you. A squeak under 6'2"

Nobody drafts a game manager in the first

O.city 02-21-2013 12:22 PM

Oh thanks. Bleacher report. Cool.

It's the 43 under.

ToxSocks 02-21-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422618)
Let me elaborate. What I meant what I think Manuel has the POTENTIAL to be. Geno is obviously better right now.

You're a moron. Many, many, many people refer to it as a 4-3/3-4 LEO defense. Because LEO is not a traditional position in those defenses.

Example;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...w-does-it-work

Oh Look, the Seahawks BR page calling it a LEO defense.

Just a word of advice, never, ever quote Bleacher Report.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:24 PM

Most people see Wilson as a second round QB

Glennon is uncomfortable when the pocket breaks down and that will hurt him.

Shaun renfree from duke is a sleeper...good tape against sec teams...."this kid is cut from the same cloth as Peyton manning"

ToxSocks 02-21-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422608)
...says if they think he can be their QB, they shouldn't care if its the top pick. Just take him

"The chiefs won't be able to trade down"

Amen Mort. A****ingmen

The Franchise 02-21-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422616)
Thinks 2-3 qbs go in first.

50-50 shot we trade for Foles.

Says either a third rounder or a conditional 4th would be a reasonable asking price

If we trade for Foles.....it better not be for anything higher than a 4th. His play last year didn't increase his value from his draft spot.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422621)
Oh thanks. Bleacher report. Cool.

Please stop trying to pretend like you follow anything in the NFL outside of the Chiefs. You clearly don't.

I referred to it once as a 3-4/4-3 LEO defense, because you can have a hybrid defense without a LEO. You are just pretending to know what any of this means because that other tool felt the need to point out that LEO is a position, as if that wasn't obvious to everyone on the planet.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:25 PM

Says SF wants to trade Smith, but that KC would rather have Foles of the vets.

Says the trade comp for smith would be a very late third to an early fifth.

They'd ather keep him.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:26 PM

Andy Reid quarterbacks don't need to be a game manager, he needs them to go win ages and that's NOT Alex Smith.

Joeckel measured 6'6"

O.city 02-21-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422634)
Please stop trying to pretend like you follow anything in the NFL outside of the Chiefs. You clearly don't.

I referred to it once as a 3-4/4-3 LEO defense, because you can have a hybrid defense without a LEO. You are just pretending to know what any of this means because that other tool felt the need to point out that LEO is a position, as if that wasn't obvious to everyone on the planet.

You quoting bleacher report clearly shows how much you follow the NFL and how little it's respected around the league.

Most defenses have names for certain spots. Lb's etc.

Its fine if you wanna call it that, just don't get all pissy when someone asks why you do.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 12:29 PM

We're gonna end up with Geno.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:29 PM

Unless I misheard that, he said Joeckel could be the best LT in the NFL.

If they trade for Foles, they will need to protect him....

The chiefs rally do want to keep Bowe....lots of people in eagle think Albert is a guard.

Talking $$$

10/yr for Albert

Bowe 9.5-11 per year

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 12:32 PM

Mort getting the ball rolling. I predict Smith knocks reid and dorseys ****ing brains wild with the interviews. They're coming out of that room ten feet tall and this ****ing deal is.....Done.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422645)
You quoting bleacher report clearly shows how much you follow the NFL and how little it's respected around the league.

Most defenses have names for certain spots. Lb's etc.

Its fine if you wanna call it that, just don't get all pissy when someone asks why you do.

I never quoted Bleacher Report.

I was demonstrating that it's not an uncommon way to refer to this specific type of defense. The LEO is a specific role with a specific task.

The Franchise 02-21-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422647)

The chiefs rally do want to keep Bowe....lots of people in eagle think Albert is a guard.

Talking $$$

10/yr for Albert

Bowe 9.5-11 per year

Best in the NFL? ROFL

O.city 02-21-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422647)

Talking $$$

10/yr for Albert

Bowe 9.5-11 per year

People in eagle?

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:33 PM

Everything I posted over the last few minutes were quotes from mort at the combine...not my own thoughts

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422661)
People in eagle?

Autocorrect...I was typing fast on iPad

League is what it should have said.

O.city 02-21-2013 12:36 PM

Did he say that the Chiefs want to keep Albert?

Sorter 02-21-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422634)

It probably wasn't obvious given the amount of mongoloids on this site and I wasn't being a tool. It's a 4-3 under front and the fact you keep referring to it s a LEO defense is moronic. For ****s sake, it is originally called the Elephant (position) and what Belichick has been running for years with more emphasis on man principle rather than the Tampa 2 out of base fronts. JFC.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9422633)
If we trade for Foles.....it better not be for anything higher than a 4th. His play last year didn't increase his value from his draft spot.

he threw for 1700 yards in 6 starts as a rookie behind a terrible offensive line.

He absolutely did increase his stock from a mid third....but the fact remains that he doesn't fit the new coaches system at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422672)
Did he say that the Chiefs want to keep Albert?

He said they have a genuine interest in keeping both of them.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9422689)
It probably wasn't obvious given the amount of mongoloids on this site and I wasn't being a tool. It's a 4-3 under front and the fact you keep referring to it s a LEO defense is moronic. For ****s sake, it is originally called the Elephant (position) and what Belichick has been running for years with more emphasis on man principle rather than the Tampa 2 out of base fronts. JFC.

I am more than aware of it's origin. And Jaguars fans have been pleading for a month to rename the LEO to Jaeger for our team. Referring to it as a LEO defense makes perfect ****ing sense when you are talking to a fan base who most likely knows little about it.

Obviously Jaguars fans refer to it as LEO because you know, our head coach and DL coach just came from Seattle.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:46 PM

Get your bullshit out of the Geno Smith thread, troll.

O.city 02-21-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422697)
he threw for 1700 yards in 6 starts as a rookie behind a terrible offensive line.

He absolutely did increase his stock from a mid third....but the fact remains that he doesn't fit the new coaches system at all.

He said they have a genuine interest in keeping both of them.

Did he say anything about time frame in signing those guys?

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422708)
Get your bullshit out of the Geno Smith thread, troll.

Tell your stupid ass circle jerk buddies that. I didn't bring it up.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422714)
Did he say anything about time frame in signing those guys?

No.

Sorter 02-21-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422699)
I am more than aware of it's origin. And Jaguars fans have been pleading for a month to rename the LEO to Jaeger for our team. Referring to it as a LEO defense makes perfect ****ing sense when you are talking to a fan base who most likely knows little about it.

Obviously Jaguars fans refer to it as LEO because you know, our head coach and DL coach just came from Seattle.

The fact you referred to me as a tool for bringing light to that is beyond insightful. LMAO.

Sorter 02-21-2013 12:51 PM

Additionally, the Jaeger idea is a good sponsorship idea. Dibs.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9422726)
The fact you referred to me as a tool for bringing light to that is beyond insightful. LMAO.

No, you're a tool for your excessive use of gifs of a young girl.

You didn't bring light to anything. Our fan base has been dissecting the defense for over a month.

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422636)
Says SF wants to trade Smith, but that KC would rather have Foles of the vets.

Says the trade comp for smith would be a very late third to an early fifth.

They'd ather keep him.

they probably would rather keep him anyway but Smith wants out.

Nightfyre 02-21-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422731)

You didn't bring light to anything. Our fan base has been dissecting the defense for over a month.

dissecting eh? LMAO

Sorter 02-21-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422731)

Nice.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9422738)
dissecting eh? LMAO

transitive verb examine in detail: to examine or analyze a person or subject in detail
"dissected the speech"

You're welcome.

BossChief 02-21-2013 12:55 PM

My take on Alex Smith...

The 49ers would be stupid to trade him for less than a second rounder or a top 5 pick in the third round. He is worth more than that to them because if Colin Kaepernick gets hurt, they would be ****ed without Smith...and they aren't gonna get a QB as good as him with a pick lower than a second.

Any NFL team would be dumb to trade a 2nd for him.

Dude is fools gold and will wilt if he gets away from Harbaugh.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422746)
My take on Alex Smith...

The 49ers would be stupid to trade him for less than a second rounder or a top 5 pick in the third round.

Any NFL team would be dumb to trade a 2nd for him.

Dude is fools gold and will wilt if he gets away from Harbaugh.

This argument has never made sense to me.

Are you suggesting that all of the knowledge Smith has gained under Harbaugh, is just going to magically disappear if he leaves him and will no longer know how to play QB?

If a player is developed, he's developed. It's not like the 49ers ran a drastically different offense when Smith was starting, than other teams in the NFL.

Mosbonian 02-21-2013 12:59 PM

Walked over from work toward Lucas Oil Stadium.....in the hallway leading over from the convention center to the stadium I ran into some of the Bears contingency and a few of the more non-descript collegiate players who are here.

Man there are some big boys here in town...I wondered if all the restaurants in town stocked up a little heavier for this.

BossChief 02-21-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422756)

Are you suggesting that all of the knowledge Smith has gained under Harbaugh, is just going to magically disappear if he leaves him and will no longer know how to play QB?

If a player is developed, he's developed. It's not like the 49ers ran a drastically different offense when Smith was starting, than other teams in the NFL.

Harbaugh was a QB and knew Alex Smiths limitations and strengths and how to gameplan with him.

If he goes to NY (which I think he will) he will fall flat on his face.

Watch.

ToxSocks 02-21-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassel etc say hi.

Sometimes it's not the QB that got better, it's the fact that a system was put in place to help protect the QB and make him seem more efficient, which is likely the case with Alex Smith.

Once you remove these QB's from their system, they look like shit.

BossChief 02-21-2013 01:03 PM

You forgot aj Feeley.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9422771)
Harbaugh was a QB and knew Alex Smiths limitations and strengths and how to gameplan with him.

If he goes to NY (which I think he will) he will fall flat on his face.

Watch.

I don't think he goes to NY, so I suppose that's why I disagree. I think there are other destinations with good QB coaches where he could land.

OnTheWarpath15 02-21-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9422758)
Walked over from work toward Lucas Oil Stadium.....in the hallway leading over from the convention center to the stadium I ran into some of the Bears contingency and a few of the more non-descript collegiate players who are here.

Man there are some big boys here in town...I wondered if all the restaurants in town stocked up a little heavier for this.

From what I've been told, St. Elmo's is packed nightly with NFL executives.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 01:04 PM

Reid coming up on NFL Network at Indy.

hometeam 02-21-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

So no ones teacher/boss has an effect over the quality of work they put out? Once you have produced X amount under a certain set of circumstances, you automatically produce that amount under an entirely different set of circumstances? I am starting to believe you really are just trolling with every post.

Molitoth 02-21-2013 01:06 PM

If we draft Geno, I am going to go dancing in the streets. This will be the closest to a playoff win I've ever experienced.

Sad, Eh?

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9422790)
So no ones teacher/boss has an effect over the quality of work they put out? Once you have produced X amount under a certain set of circumstances, you automatically produce that amount under an entirely different set of circumstances? I am starting to believe you really are just trolling with every post.

You are putting words in my mouth in a bad attempt at making a point.

Alex Smith is not a young kid. He is now a veteran. There is a good chance that something just clicked for him, and he has learned to play in the NFL.

Rausch 02-21-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422801)
There is a good chance that something just clicked for him, and he has learned to play in the NFL.

No, there isn't.

He just had his "Girbac" year...

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 01:10 PM

I will feel like we just won a championship. Seriously. KC has been THAT ****ed since forevar.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9422804)
No, there isn't.

He just had his "Girbac" year...

I think he's been a good not great quaterback for 4 seasons now.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9422811)
I will feel like we just won a championship. Seriously. KC has been THAT ****ed since forevar.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did Clowney just become eligible?

RunKC 02-21-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422801)
You are putting words in my mouth in a bad attempt at making a point.

Alex Smith is not a young kid. He is now a veteran. There is a good chance that something just clicked for him, and he has learned to play in the NFL.

Or that he was on by far the most talented team in the league who made him look better than he is.

We know that shit all too well. Cassel was the benefit of it in New England and in KC in 2010.