ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Mav 10-14-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10085387)

I laughed. And Sac, I get what you are saying. Yes, life is good because the team is 6-0. But, I have said this REPEATEDLY, you always have to keep improving, and right now, the offense is a work in progress, and just because you are 6-0, doesn't mean that Andy Reid and Alex Smith should be kicked up at Oklahoma Joe's Rib shack slurping down racks of ribs by the cow, sucking down milk shakes and thinking everything is hunky dory.

There is work to be done, and pointing that out, makes no one less of a fan, or unhappy with a teams success.

If you aren't getting better, you are getting worse, you never stay the same.

Its as true in live, as it is in sports.

:thumb:

Marcellus 10-14-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10085416)
I'd be more excited if we were 9-7 with a capable QB than 13-3 and without one.

How about being 13-3 with a capable QB? Thats where we are headed.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10085427)

I have my doubts.

I think we saw Alex Smith's ceiling against the Giants.

Saccopoo 10-14-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Define capable?

Dilfer, Flacco or Brad Johnson have as many rings as Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Aaron Rogers.

Mav 10-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10085430)
I have my doubts.

That ceiling, if done consistently is more than enough to win a super bowl with this chiefs team. That was a pretty high ceiling.

Marcellus 10-14-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

I have my doubts.

Its been 6 games and 2 have been pretty bad. We still have 10 games to get things really clicking.

NinerDoug 10-14-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

You have a "capable" quarterback.

You don't have Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning. Most teams don't. There are very few of those to go around.

That said, I think that you guys who want a franchise quarterback drafted are perfectly reasonable. You might win a superbowl with Alex, and I think he might be in the top 10, but he's never going to be that "elite" QB that all fans want.

That doesn't mean that Alex won't do a good job for you in the mean time.

Saccopoo 10-14-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

I have my doubts.

Not a chance.

The guy hasn't even come close to approaching his ceiling with this team.

His ceiling is right around what he was doing in 2011 and 2012.

And with this defense, that's gives you the capability of beating the shit out of just about anybody on a daily basis.

However, this offensive line, wide receiver corps and tight end group need a rework or at least an epiphany before that happens.

Alex Smith is not John Elway. He needs a little support, but if he gets it, he's more than capable of making sure an offense is humming right along.

Jakemall 10-14-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

I have my doubts.

So his best is now less than the best games he's ever played? Okay.

duncan_idaho 10-14-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10085410)

But you apparently need 16-0 and Johnny ****ing Unitas combined with the '85 Bears defense coached by Vince Lombardi to give you any hope of any possibility that the Chiefs might get to the playoffs.

I get it. You've had your ass kicked a bit by this team. However, we're doing better. I promise. It's going to be okay.

That's not what I need. Not at all. But I'd take my chance with 10-6 and a QB like those guys over 13-3 and a QB like Alex Smith. Every single time.

I don't need consoling. But I'll be kind to you when the Chiefs flame out in their first playoff game (while Alex Smith leads the offense to a terrible 3rd down percentage and generally plays like a pussy).

Saccopoo 10-14-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10085461)
That's not what I need. Not at all. But I'd take my chance with 10-6 and a QB like those guys over 13-3 and a QB like Alex Smith. Every single time.

I don't need consoling. But I'll be kind to you when the Chiefs flame out in their first playoff game (while Alex Smith leads the offense to a terrible 3rd down percentage and generally plays like a pussy).

We need a sig bet then.

I say the Chiefs win their playoff game this year. You say they lose.

Let's make this interesting, shall we?

Brock 10-14-2013 01:53 PM

We have a qb that failed on several occasions to throw a catchable dumpoff pass. That's how capable he is right now.

BigCatDaddy 10-14-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10085427)

So do you think we are set at the QB position the way most fans thought we were set during the Trent Green area and didn't need to worry about "upgrading"?

NinerDoug 10-14-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10085461)

I don't get these predictions of melting down in the playoffs. Alex is 1-1 in the playoffs. In the Saints game, he definitely did not "play like a pussy."

His play in the Giants game obviously left a lot to be desired. On the other had, two ST screw ups were all that separated him from the Superbowl. Take either one away, and it's a completely different conversation.

I see no reason to predict disaster in the playoffs.

Three7s 10-14-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10085468)
We need a sig bet then.

I say the Chiefs win their playoff game this year. You say they lose.

Let's make this interesting, shall we?

I think the Chiefs do have a chance at winning a playoff game, even with Alex Smith. Of the playoff teams now, I think we beat the Bengals and MAYBE the Colts.

With our offense as it is now, I can't see us beating the Broncos or Patriots.