ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

duncan_idaho 10-14-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10085468)
We need a sig bet then.

I say the Chiefs win their playoff game this year. You say they lose.

Let's make this interesting, shall we?

I don't do sig bets. Never have on any message board. Silly, IMO.

I'm definitely not going to make a sig bet that runs counter to my rooting interests. For all my skepticism and lack of belief in Alex Smith, I still HOPE the guy is better than what I think, takes a big step forward and proves me wrong.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10085460)
So his best is now less than the best games he's ever played? Okay.

I don't care what he did in SF.

That was with a different team.

Sandy Vagina 10-14-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10085478)
So do you think we are set at the QB position the way most fans thought we were set during the Trent Green area and didn't need to worry about "upgrading"?

Regardless of wins or losses, if Alex plays the rest of the season around the level he has the last 2 weeks? Then KC definitely should look to draft a top QB or acquire one in the offseason... especially if they don't think much of Bray by then.

If he plays as well as he did (roughly) in the first 4 games? Then you are pretty set at QB... especially if the OL and TE situations improve.

Carlota69 10-14-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10085586)
I don't care what he did in SF.

That was with a different team.

You have based your entire opinion on AS since we traded for him on what he did in SF. So you do care, and quite a bit too.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10085597)
You have based your entire opinion on AS since we traded for him on what he did in SF. So you do care, and quite a bit too.

He had his weaknesses in SF, and they are being exposed here even more so.

Carlota69 10-14-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10085601)

And he had his strengths too, and you are dismissing those as you highlight his weaknesses.

Mav 10-14-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10085601)

Yet, the team is still 6-0, something he didn't do in SF......lost in week 2, and week 3 respectively.

They are throwing too much, and not utilizing the run game to hide the pitifulness of the oline, alex smith, and the lack of receiving options after bowe, and avery.

IMO.

Andy has to Jim Harbaugh this offense. He needs to hide Alex a little bit. Take the pressure off. He prefers to be a role player.

Red Dawg 10-14-2013 02:24 PM

Alex is not fantastic by any means but our skill players and o line stink. Dex sucks. Duck Dynasty is not very good either. Bowe has a safety over him every snap. Woodson all day because nobody has to respect Avery and Dex. We need better play from them.

duncan_idaho 10-14-2013 02:26 PM

Wow. Just saw this on an ESPN blog:

Raiders opponents had completed 72.5 percent of passes and were sporting a 105.8 QB rating entering Sunday's game.

Ouch.

Mav 10-14-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10085614)
Alex is not fantastic by any means but our skill players and o line stink. Dex sucks. Duck Dynasty is not very good either. Bowe has a safety over him every snap. Woodson all day because nobody has to respect Avery and Dex. We need better play from them.

What a difference Tony Gonzalez would make for this team. I wish that Dorsey would give up whatever they wanted for him.

Dave Lane 10-14-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10085614)

Its everyone but Alex. Got it.

Oh and you said the same thing about Cassel

Mav 10-14-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10085625)
Its everyone but Alex. Got it.

Oh and you said the same thing about Cassel

Not sure, but pretty much he said Alex is not fantastic.

I don't think that you can single out any part of the offense sucking and saying, oh we fix this, and it would be all perfect.

The entire offense is SHIT, and the last two weeks, the smelliest turd has been Alex Smith. There is no denying that.

hometeam 10-14-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10085636)
Not sure, but pretty much he said Alex is not fantastic.

I don't think that you can single out any part of the offense sucking and saying, oh we fix this, and it would be all perfect.

The entire offense is SHIT, and the last two weeks, the smelliest turd has been Alex Smith. There is no denying that.

Bet if we had a good QB the entire offense is shit theory would go right down the tube.

Mav 10-14-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10085643)
Bet if we had a good QB the entire offense is shit theory would go right down the tube.

6 weeks ago, I would say you are out of your mind. But then, I saw Brandon Weeden get hurt, and some guy who has been kicked off of 3 teams in the last year, come in as the 3rd string qb, and look like a real NFL qb, so im going to say, that you might be right.

JENKINSWINS 10-14-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10085643)

Bet if he had a stud TE like Vernon Davis and one of the best offensive lines, this theory would also go right down the tube. The 49ers oline is considered to be one of the best going into this year and they finally have a legit WR in Boldin. If Alex had that right now with the Chiefs they would be much better. It's the first year in the offense and despite the oline playing horribly and injuries to the TEs, the offense has done their job to help this TEAM go undefeated.