ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Bump 04-03-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 7535853)
One of the most depressing movies I've ever watched lol...one of the reasons it's a good movie.

I read the book and the movie did it justice. Honestly, it would totally be just like that if we were ever in that situation.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-03-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7536707)
I read the book and the movie did it justice. Honestly, it would totally be just like that if we were ever in that situation.

Not in a nuclear exchange.

Bump 04-03-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7536708)

I'm talking about the way people would be. All of the good people would be in hiding and the shitty people would band together and kill/eat/rape anybody they could find. There wouldn't be any communities of decent people you could join because you wouldn't be able to find them. It would be a trust no-one situation and fend for yourself.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-04-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7536605)
I thought The Road lost quite a bit from the book. I didn't feel like you could ever feel the despair and fear the way you could with the book.

agreed. Great book, better than average movie.

blaise 04-04-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7536708)

The reason for the disaster is left a little ambiguous, though. They never say the dust is radioactive in the book, just that it's dust. There's one point where the clocks stop as something hits the Earth, but he never says whether it's nuclear or not.

patteeu 04-04-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7536605)
I thought The Road lost quite a bit from the book. I didn't feel like you could ever feel the despair and fear the way you could with the book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7536707)

LOL This would be great if Bump was a blaise alt.

BWillie 04-04-2011 06:45 PM

Bangkok Dangerous was alot better than I expected. Not great, but good. Then Leaving Las Veags, which I thought would be good, was terrible. My quest to watch all Nicholas Cage movies is en route.

kysirsoze 04-04-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7535996)
We watched Insidious last night. We both liked it a lot. A pretty good horror flick that had some dudes screaming lol

Glad you enjoyed it, but I thought Insidious was weak as hell. Awful script and almost nothing but cliches. It should be a rental at best.

kysirsoze 04-04-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7538542)
Bangkok Dangerous was alot better than I expected. Not great, but good. Then Leaving Las Veags, which I thought would be good, was terrible. My quest to watch all Nicholas Cage movies is en route.

:eek:

Wow. I set a low bar for that movie and it managed to slither under it. It wasn't even funny bad, which I usually appreciate. I saw it in a bad movie double feature with Death Race. (Which actually ended up being pretty entertaining.)

Buehler445 04-04-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7538542)

Raising Arizona FTMFW!

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-04-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7536941)
The reason for the disaster is left a little ambiguous, though. They never say the dust is radioactive in the book, just that it's dust. There's one point where the clocks stop as something hits the Earth, but he never says whether it's nuclear or not.

What I'm speaking of is the lasting effects of a nuclear winter. You wouldn't have a prolonged nuclear winter of almost 10 years even if every single nuke available in the 1980s were used.

I know that it's left ambiguous, but if we are to apply rationality to the text, assuming that this wasn't happening in an advanced civilization, then it would have been some other cataclysm.

However, I'm not saying that was the author's intent.

Bump 04-04-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7539106)
What I'm speaking of is the lasting effects of a nuclear winter. You wouldn't have a prolonged nuclear winter of almost 10 years even if every single nuke available in the 1980s were used.

I know that it's left ambiguous, but if we are to apply rationality to the text, assuming that this wasn't happening in an advanced civilization, then it would have been some other cataclysm.

However, I'm not saying that was the author's intent.

there was no mention how the apocalypse happened in the book.

Hammock Parties 04-08-2011 12:34 AM

Black Death is some dark shit.

Loved it. :evil:

Quote:

Use of grainy stock and a preference for special effects rather than visual or CGI effects gives it a pleasingly retro feel, as does its willingness to explore uncomfortable moral ambiguities.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2011 05:24 AM

The Town is probably the best crime drama I've ever seen.

Heat with a happy ending. And a ****ton of awesome action.

"JAMES COUGHLIN. YOU ARE SURROUNDED. THROW DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND SURRENDER."

"FAAAHK YOU."

Over-Head 04-09-2011 05:53 AM

Hoodwinked Too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvLpPJs15rU

Bought the first one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx0ss7z184o

in Walmart in teh discount bin as a lark for the lil guy....Laughed all the way through. Can't see this one being a dissapointment either.

If ya got kids and want another Disney styled film that grown ups can ejnoy, I suggest these ones.