ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

NewChief 08-10-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7814081)
WHAT ARE YOU DOING NO STOP READING SPOILERS NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Breaking Bad is good enough and complex enough that I've actually read most of the episode summaries, and it doesn't seem to lessen my enjoyment any.

I am looking forward to getting caught up and having each episode unfurl on a weekly basis, though. My wife is also looking forward to it, because I'll no longer be compulsively sneaking off to watch episodes on my laptop.

Demonpenz 08-10-2011 01:27 PM

Jesse Learned how to cook pretty damn well from walt, so he could learn pretty damn well from Mike. Walt is a freak cutting his peanut butter and jelly into a perfect square and for seeing a bandaid in the apartment complex pool and digging it out.

Zebedee DuBois 08-10-2011 03:48 PM

I can't subscribe to the 'Jesse as cleaner' projection. He is too unpredictable for Mike and Gust to make a developmental investment in him. I can't even speculate why Mike is taking him for a drive...guess I will have to tune in next Sunday.

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-10-2011 04:04 PM

The only guess you can make is that he's planning to whack him, right?

rocknrolla 08-10-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7815026)
The only guess you can make is that he's planning to whack him, right?

I'm sure that's what they want us to think. But I just don't see it happening.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 08-10-2011 05:30 PM

Jesse's like 40 percent of the show. I don't see him going anywhere.

jjjayb 08-11-2011 05:57 AM

He's taking him to rehab. But first, they're going to have an intervention. Everyone on the show will be there to tell him how his addiction is affecting them. :D

keg in kc 08-14-2011 09:58 PM

Haven't watched tonight's episode past the crazy teaser but AMC announced tonight that they finally worked out the final season, 16 episodes next year.

(posted all over the 'net if you don't want to take my word for it)

Reaper16 08-14-2011 10:36 PM

WAS THIS EPISODE FAST ENOUGH FOR YOU?

rocknrolla 08-14-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7812350)
I think you're both right. I've read theories that Mike is taking Jesse out in the desert for some sort of cleaner training. If that look on Mike's face indicates that he sees potential in Jesse, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

I'm kind of crossing my fingers that that's the case. Jesse's got to come to grips with who he has become; why not do it in the baddest-assest way possible?

Ding, Ding, Ding.

keg in kc 08-14-2011 11:09 PM

That was a great ep.

And I'm not sure that was a ding, ding, ding. That was a Gus plan that seemed to be about Walt, as much or more than Jesse. Mike seemed more surprised than anything.

Walt. Pride and falls. For such a smart guy...

notorious 08-14-2011 11:51 PM

Walt just can't help it. :facepalm: I thought Skyler was going to crush his nuts right at the table.

They are trying to build Jesse's confidence. He now has a sense of worth, being Mike's watchdog, instead of self-destructing at the house.

Nice setup by Gus, he is a genious when it comes to human psychology.

Buck 08-15-2011 01:28 AM

I'm not 100% sure what Gus' intentions were, but I think it was either to get Jesse his confidence back or to put him at a sense of ease in order to make him more vulnerable for coercion against Walt.

Did Walt spew off because he loves the thrill of being chased or does he have some kind of plan to get Gus caught?

At this point, this show is much better than Lost, but I want to make a comparison. Gus is like Ben Linus to me. I hope he stays a series regular over the remainder of the show.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe 08-15-2011 02:06 AM

Walt was getting jealous of Gale being mislabeled as a "genius" when he did all the hard work himself. Shades of his relationship with Grey Matter. He wants the credit, dammit, even if that means letting Hank back into the chase. He was a little drunk, sure, but that scene is the single biggest step so far this season in Walt's transformation into an actual badass. So ****ing brazen.

Thig Lyfe 08-15-2011 02:22 AM

Of course, my assessment of that moment as one of badassery rather than pure idiocy is kind of based in the premise that "Walt is the danger" as promised by the trailer for this season. Promotional material can be unreliable, so maybe I'm anticipating a transformation that's not actually coming.