ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Woman behind the Redskins name change says the Chiefs should be on guard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284628)

ptlyon 06-30-2014 12:44 PM

Lin Elliott

ptlyon 06-30-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10724029)
the kicker that shall go unnamedt

ROWRs

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-30-2014 01:02 PM

Boob temple.

Crying Ramtard 06-30-2014 01:22 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...redskins-name/

Quote:

In a letter to fans Monday night, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder announced he had established an organization dedicated to providing aid and assistance to Native Americans.

The Washington Redskins Original Americans Foundation aims to “provide meaningful and measurable resources that provide genuine opportunities for Tribal communities,” Snyder wrote.

“With open arms and determined minds, we will work as partners to begin to tackle the troubling realities facing so many tribes across our country,” Snyder said of the organization, which will be unveiled on Tuesday.

In the letter, Snyder said he visited 26 tribal reservations in a four-month period.

“The more I heard, the more I’ve learned, and the more I saw, the more resolved I became about helping to address the challenges that plague the Native American community,” Snyder said. “In speaking face-to-face with Native American leaders and community members, it’s plain to see they need action, not words.”

The organization distributed more than 3,000 coats this winter, Snyder said. More than 40 other projects are in the works, he said.

Of his trip to visit the tribes, Snyder wrote: “I wanted and needed to hear firsthand what Native Americans truly thought of our name, our logo, and whether we were, in fact, upholding the principle of respect in regard to the Native American community.”

In the letter, he referenced a discussion he had with Torres-Martinez Desert Cahuila Indians Chairwoman Mary L. Resvaloso, who told him that “(there) are Native Americans everywhere that 100 percent support the name.”

With regard to the Redskins’ name, Snyder said he “(believes) even more firmly now” that it should remain unchanged. The name “captures the best of who we are and who we can be,” Snyder wrote.

“I’ve been encouraged by the thousands of fans across the country who support keeping the Redskins tradition alive. Most — by overwhelming majorities — find our name to be rooted in pride for our shared heritage and values,” Snyder said in his letter Monday.

On Monday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was asked about opposition to the name, which doesn’t figure to fade away even as Snyder digs in on the issue.

“We have, I think, done a very thorough job of making sure that we understand all perspectives on this and we will continue to do that,” Goodell said.

There have numerous public calls for the Redskins to change their name, with pressure even coming from multiple members of Congress.

ptlyon 06-30-2014 01:25 PM

FREE RUBBING ALCOHOL FOR EVERYBODY!

Fish 06-30-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

With regard to the Redskins’ name, Snyder said he “(believes) even more firmly now” that it should remain unchanged. The name “captures the best of who we are and who we can be,” Snyder wrote.
Yeah, it's pretty clear Snyder isn't changing a damn thing voluntarily. Redskins isn't going anywhere...

hometeam 06-30-2014 03:48 PM

Snyder is just the right kind of "mother****er" that you want in this fight. Dude doesn't know how to quit.

Discuss Thrower 06-30-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10724291)
Yeah, it's pretty clear Snyder isn't changing a damn thing voluntarily. Redskins isn't going anywhere...

He doesn't have the leverage..

FOX has a lot.

The other 31 owners have almost all.

And you never know.. A liberal state like Washington might try something.

BigMeatballDave 06-30-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10724307)

And you never know.. A liberal state like Washington might try something.

State?

Discuss Thrower 06-30-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 10724317)
State?

As in the state of Washington or the city of Seattle tries to prevent the team from playing at CenturyLink.

But you're correct in saying the most likely government body to try something would be the city of D.C.

Rausch 06-30-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

State?

They're north of Oregon and almost Canadian but, yeah, they still count...

BigMeatballDave 06-30-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10724327)
As in the state of Washington or the city of Seattle tries to prevent the team from playing at CenturyLink.

But you're correct in saying the most likely government body to try something would be the city of D.C.

Oh. I was thinking DC.

Redskins are in DC. :)

lautrec 07-06-2014 06:37 PM

Well, if the indians and obama and all the other petty whiners get their way and change the name of the team,,,,PLEASE PLEASE for the sake of all things holy change the dam colors from red and yellow to something less gay.

Rain Man 07-06-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lautrec (Post 10733384)
Well, if the indians and obama and all the other petty whiners get their way and change the name of the team,,,,PLEASE PLEASE for the sake of all things holy change the dam colors from red and yellow to something less gay.

The NFL's marketing department will do a study and find that their preferred female market would love to have a team with a Breast Cancer Awareness color theme.

philfree 07-06-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

State?

State of confusion it seems.