ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Best Show on Television... Entourage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119702)

Tribal Warfare 08-09-2009 11:03 PM

Wahlberg was a natural when he was talking to Drama

KCChiefsMan 08-10-2009 02:07 AM

that was a much better episode. Probably the best one yet this season.

Baby Lee 08-10-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5961282)
Wahlberg was a natural when he was talking to Drama

Say hello to your mother for me.

arrowheadnation 08-10-2009 09:08 AM

I watched it a second time and here's what I thought...

First off, I still don't buy Ashley...little kids are not allowed to run their own jewlry businesses. Maybe when she starts using the big girl potty. Poor casting if you ask me. She looks like a 15 year old kid.

2. When Jeffery Tambor's kids started cursing I was doubled over laughing. Then when he fired back at them I about died.

3. Did anyone else think Brady was getting ready to say that he +%@#$+ Jamie?

4. Ari was hitting lloyd with a $300 putter (Scotty Cameron).

5. Johnny Drama and Lloyd in the same getup was funny and then Drama in the Payne Stewart-esque knickers and beret was hilarious!

6. Mark Wahlberg is a good actor. It was like these guys were his real Entourage instead of the actors. He played off of Drama like he'd known him for years. Very smooth dynamic.

Buck 08-10-2009 10:14 AM

Definitely the best episode of the season.

DaneMcCloud 08-10-2009 11:21 AM

Wow, you guys are easily entertained.

I thought that episode was a complete waste of my time.

I don't give a crap is Tambor's kids swear at him or if Sloan is trying (yet again) to hook Eric up with a connected family member. The show is going nowhere. It's stuck in neutral.

If I wanted to see "funny anecdotes" about Hollywood celebrities, I'd watch TMZ. The storyline is at a standstill and the show has become stale and boring.

Silock 08-10-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5961901)
Wow, you guys are easily entertained.

I thought that episode was a complete waste of my time.

I don't give a crap is Tambor's kids swear at him or if Sloan is trying (yet again) to hook Eric up with a connected family member. The show is going nowhere. It's stuck in neutral.

If I wanted to see "funny anecdotes" about Hollywood celebrities, I'd watch TMZ. The storyline is at a standstill and the show has become stale and boring.

I fail to see how this episode was any different from the rest of the seasons. Maybe you're just tired of the show in general.

Great Expectations 08-10-2009 11:42 AM

This week's episode was meh, it was like the writers wanted a break so they just put something ultra easy together.

DaneMcCloud 08-10-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 5961937)
I fail to see how this episode was any different from the rest of the seasons. Maybe you're just tired of the show in general.

Then I guess you and I perceive the show completely differently

Silock 08-10-2009 01:51 PM

I guess so. I'm just looking for funny one-liners and some hot chicks. It delivered. I'm happy.

kcxiv 08-10-2009 01:57 PM

shows like this dont really have to go somewhere. It just needs its funny moments and lastnight had alot of it.

This show has never really been all that deep. its just been comical. I am easily entertained though. I dont need to see a serious ****ing movie or tv show all the time. my favorite tv/movie genre is ****ing comedy. give me that, and i am ok with it.

i was laughing out loud when Wahlberg does, quit starting at him like you want to **** him turtle. haha

KCChiefsMan 08-10-2009 02:03 PM

I do wish this season would get somewhere though. The show has always been about Vince, there is no story for him this season. It's all about E and his new girlfriend and Turtle and his girlfriend. I think they should get to a point, I did enjoy the last episode but it didn't really add to the season in any way.

DaneMcCloud 08-10-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5962392)
shows like this dont really have to go somewhere.

Yes, they do or they lose viewers and get canceled.

And it's clearly obvious that the show's producers and writers are running out of ideas and material (or stretching out the obvious) when episodes are clocking in at 19 minutes or less.

That's less than a 30 minute broadcast network episode.

Weak.

kcxiv 08-10-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5962411)
Yes, they do or they lose viewers and get canceled.

And it's clearly obvious that the show's producers and writers are running out of ideas and material (or stretching out the obvious) when episodes are clocking in at 19 minutes or less.

That's less than a 30 minute broadcast network episode.

Weak.

Eh, i dotn know about that, i thought lastnights episode wsa a damned good one and in enjoyed it alot. Ratings cant be that bad if they renewed the show already.

Like i said, as long as i can get lol's i am going to be ok. I remember reading other sites and even this site and people were like, i hate that vince in in the rough spot, i just like to see him love that wonderful live of chicks and funny moments.

Alot of people were upset that the show was actually going somewhere at the time and they wanted it back like it used to be. Its just what you are looking for in a show i guess.

For me and for this show, just give me the laughs and hot chicks. laughs have to be in most episodes. Chicks need to be in alot as well.

Oh yeah, and pretty much every show has a filler episode or 2 per season.

DaneMcCloud 08-10-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5962794)
For me and for this show, just give me the laughs and hot chicks. laughs have to be in most episodes. Chicks need to be in alot as well.

Then count me out because I don't find that to be entertaining, at all.