ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

arrowheadnation 05-11-2012 10:16 PM

Well...

Thoughts?

007 05-11-2012 11:53 PM

Definitely seems they planned on that being the series finale. The last scene was probably filmed right after they got the renewal notice.

Silock 05-12-2012 12:43 AM

I hate networks. That felt so rushed.

jiveturkey 05-12-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8610215)
I hate networks. That felt so rushed.

I agree. I enjoyed it but it kind of matched the whole season, flat.

I like the idea of next season involving the future that they teased a couple of weeks back.

keg in kc 05-12-2012 07:34 PM

I didn't like either last week's or last night's. It wasn't that it felt rushed, it just felt like all the stuff they did with Olivia was wrong, whether it's giving her Jedi powers, having her puppet-master Peter, having her be a big ****ing battery or bringing her back to life. And while I didn't really want anything to happen to her, I liked Astrid getting shot. It adds some stakes to the show that they haven't had since Charlie left (even alt-Lincoln's death felt a little trivial since regular Lincoln just took his place). But then the next week she's fine in no time flat.

I liked the very end, though, from the stuff with Olivia being pregnant (telegraphed as it was) and the Observer showing up setting next season. But the 42 minutes before that (or the 85 minutes if you count last week) didn't really work.

keg in kc 05-12-2012 09:51 PM

The other thing that struck me as weird was the glyph used to immobilize the Observer, and then having the redhead from Lost be a baddie. Both seemed out of the blue. That kind of stuff deserves a setup of some kind.

arrowheadnation 05-13-2012 08:18 AM

I agree. It did seem rushed, but that's really not the writers' fault as they were basically at the mercy of Fox. If next season really does take place in the future, I'm still pretty pumped up for it. My favorite part of the finale (other than the end) was Olivia going all "Neo" on Charlotte from lost and throwing her bullets back at her.

Buck 05-13-2012 11:05 AM

God that would have been a shit series finale. That may have been the worst episode of the season.

Fish 05-15-2012 08:28 PM

I don't like Leonard Nimoy playing William Bell. His speaking lines are awful. Like a really bad guest on SNL...

Too many WTF moments in the last few weeks.

Buck 05-15-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8618298)
I don't like Leonard Nimoy playing William Bell. His speaking lines are awful. Like a really bad guest on SNL...

Too many WTF moments in the last few weeks.

Yep. Plus he just looks really old.

On another note, I heard Robin Williams said he'd like a part on the show.

BigRedChief 05-15-2012 09:02 PM

Agree with the other comments. Felt rushed and not well thought out. Dont blame the show but Fox. Looking forward to the battle with the observers.

KcMizzou 05-24-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Science Channel Snags 'Fringe' in Syndication Deal

Discovery Communications' cable network Science Channel has snagged off-network syndication rights to the sci-fi cult drama, a source confirms to The Hollywood Reporter. The deal is said to be non-exclusive, which will allow studio Warner Bros. TV to offer another syndication window to a streaming service.

Fringe will begin airing on Science Channel in the fourth quarter of this year.

The news comes one month after the network renewed the low-rated critical darling for a fifth and final 13-episode season, enabling Fringe to reach the all-important 100-episode mark for syndication. The series, which was J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, was moved to Friday nights in its third season, and hit ratings lows on multiple occasions in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo this past season. The drama hovered around 3 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

The perennial bubble show has maintained a vocal fan base, with critical and awards support, including two Emmy nominations in technical categories.

Fringe reruns will join a network schedule that already includes Ricky Gervais' An Idiot Abroad and reruns of Nathan Fillion's cult drama Firefly. Fringe's John Noble hosted the six-part series Dark Matters: Twisted But True on Science last year.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...channel-328844

Baby Lee 07-16-2012 07:08 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aTiAL19rej4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 07-16-2012 03:40 PM

Damn I hate that it will only be a 13 ep season.

Mr. Plow 09-01-2012 07:00 AM

Anyone know when the new season begins?