ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

GloryDayz 09-08-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8889822)
Stupid fake punt started the ball rolling downhill

Good point... Still confused about that one. Welp, we all make mistakes I guess..

GloryDayz 09-08-2012 09:32 PM

Wow....

OmahaChief 09-08-2012 09:33 PM

Until we build some quality depth on the lines we are going to struggle.

qabbaan 09-08-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8889831)
Good point... Still confused about that one. Welp, we all make mistakes I guess..

Pinkel gambles, that is who he is. We lost because we turned the ball over and we had way too many self inflicted wounds in the first half.

They do need to adapt to run the ball more. We are going to have to be able to control possession because Franklin has quarters like he had here in the fourth.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 09:37 PM

Pinkel with some bad decisions tonight: aggressive when he needed to punt, and punted when he needed to be aggressive (4th and 9 at the 30 something of Georgia).

Offensive play-calling in the first half was abysmal. Needed to use the middle of the field more. Seemed surprised that #29 is really ****ing good, which is ridiculous.

Finally, Franklin wasn't sharp, and he needed to be.

HonestChieffan 09-08-2012 09:38 PM

Gonna be a long season

GloryDayz 09-08-2012 09:39 PM

I'll bet Robinson is much more quiet tonight.

It's all good. It's the SEC, and we'll get better...

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8889877)
I'll bet Robinson is much more quiet tonight.

It's all good. It's the SEC, and we'll get better...

uh

MU had opportunities to make Georgia start gasping for air and they shit the bed.

Defense at least looked like it could hang in the SEC until they started getting banged up. Yost should probably pay attention to the best opponent, or Clowney is gonna ****ing destroy Franklin in 2 weeks.

qabbaan 09-08-2012 09:43 PM

When you lose, the play calling always looks bad. If you were getting the things you're supposed to do done, you wouldn't be losing in the first place.

Georgia has a front that should have devoured our offensive line all night long, but they weren't able to turn the game until the end.

Franklin is a nice player, but I don't think he is ever going to be one of those QBs that can put a team on his back in a close game and win it with his arm. His decision making just isn't good enough.

Reaper16 09-08-2012 09:45 PM

I'm somewhat encouraged, actually. The wheels fell off after Pinkel's atrocious fake punt call. Jones adjusted to what Mizzou's shambles of an o-line was doing to him and took over the game. That's what great defensive players will do to you: take you over.

A healthy Mizzou can absolutely hang with the SEC East's top teams, even snatch a victory every now and then. Mizzou can still be a 7 win team this year, and 8 wins aren't impossible if this young o-line gels together.

stonedstooge 09-08-2012 09:46 PM

Guess Georgia was ranked #7 for a reason. They had a bunch of damn good players

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8889906)
When you lose, the play calling always looks bad. If you were getting the things you're supposed to do done, you wouldn't be losing in the first place.

Georgia has a front that should have devoured our offensive line all night long, but they weren't able to turn the game until the end.

Franklin is a nice player, but I don't think he is ever going to be one of those QBs that can put a team on his back in a close game and win it with his arm. His decision making just isn't good enough.

Everything in the first half was underneath, which only allowed Jones to own more. When we went to the middle of the field, even at intermediate depth, things opened up substantially, and the pass rush eased notably.

The entire offense and staff seemed timid to me, which is to be expected to a certain degree.

The juxtaposition of the fake punt/punt decisions is inexcusable. Absolutely ****ing stupid and decisions that defy common sense.

The game was much, much better and closer than the score, though. As others have said, depth and beef are needed on the lines.

Overall, Mizzou will be fine.

ghak99 09-08-2012 09:51 PM

A loss sucks, but I'm not really that disappointed in the performance. Everyone knows Georgia is a pretty damn good team.

I'm a little surprised our OL held up to that DL as well as they did. The play calling in the 1st half was lacking and for whatever reason it appeared they took their foot off the gas a couple times.

Looking forward to more SEC games!

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 09:53 PM

Finally, Murray was a lot better than his stat line. Showed poise, courage, and accuracy.

He's a younger Stanzi with actual talent.

Frazod 09-08-2012 09:57 PM

Could have been worse, I guess. We needed to get a big lead and then hold on for dear life when the superior line size and depth inevitably turned the tide. Didn't happen.

We're three-quarters of a tough SEC team right now.

Oh well.