ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Luke Joeckel may pique Chiefs’ interest at No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268644)

milkman 01-20-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 9337745)
Completely understandable about Reid. I am hopeful but cautious. I am however, sold on Geno. Even if he does fail, I will respect this organization for trying to select, and develop a franchise QB. Any other pick in my mind, is wasted and playing it 'safe' as they have done for almost 30 years.

It's time.

htismaqe 01-20-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9337824)
It's time.

It's our time. :D

milkman 01-20-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9337846)
It's our time. :D

What's the single over 50 internet match site got to do with anything?

ChiefsCountry 01-20-2013 08:43 PM

Just judging on how these things play out - if the Chiefs hit with Barkley or Geno, we would be looking more than likely playing in the 50th anniversary of the Super Bowl. Talk about something that would be damn cool.

BigMeatballDave 01-20-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9337629)
When do the Cheapos officially start the new 5 year plan?

Are you at all capable of conversing about football without trolling?

BossChief 01-20-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9337882)
Just judging on how these things play out - if the Chiefs hit with Barkley or Geno, we would be looking more than likely playing in the 50th anniversary of the Super Bowl. Talk about something that would be damn cool.

It would be 30 years since the last time we drafted a first round QB, too.

DaneMcCloud 01-20-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9338228)
It would be 30 years since the last time we drafted a first round QB, too.

If Smith is anywhere near the 93.0 ranking given by NFL.com (I dislike the guy critiquing, but whatever), there's no way that the Andy Reid passes.

Hootie 01-20-2013 10:16 PM

just so everyone knows

the draft odds for the Chiefs to take Okung the night before the draft were 1:1

it wasn't until early the next day where the bookmakers figured out Berry was going to be the pick and dropped Okung all the way down to 5:1

I remember this because I bet 9:4 on 'any other position' the first day after the Super Bowl because I went with CP and predicted Berry so I was following very closely.

This was a great day to be a Chiefs fan for me. They won me a lot of $$$, they got Berry (our guy) and the Broncos drafted Tebow. I loved this day.

Ugly Duck 01-20-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9335200)

Don't be disappointed if the Chiefs opt for free agency for a QB rather than Geno...

There's a diarrhea-load of speculation in cyberspace about what KC will do about a QB.

Some of the diarrhea has the Chiefs getting Alex Smith or Matt Flynn & then drafting Geno at #1 anyway.... let 'em battle it out in camp...

http://blogs.kansas.com/lutz/files/2...th-300x252.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9338269)
the Broncos drafted Tebow. I loved this day.

It was a wonderful day.... I loved it, too. Remember all the KnowMo crap about teh Tebow? Great memories!

http://i.imgur.com/GhFls.gif

Crush 01-20-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9338269)
just so everyone knows

the draft odds for the Chiefs to take Okung the night before the draft were 1:1

it wasn't until early the next day where the bookmakers figured out Berry was going to be the pick and dropped Okung all the way down to 5:1

I remember this because I bet 9:4 on 'any other position' the first day after the Super Bowl because I went with CP and predicted Berry so I was following very closely.

This was a great day to be a Chiefs fan for me. They won me a lot of $$$, they got Berry (our guy) and the Broncos drafted Tebow. I loved this day.

Wait... you bet on the NFL Draft?

R8RFAN 01-21-2013 05:32 AM

That OT is going to be great .. He is the best player available and thats how the Chiefs will pick... I have never known the Cheaps to take many chances.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9338259)
If Smith is anywhere near the 93.0 ranking given by NFL.com (I dislike the guy critiquing, but whatever), there's no way that the Andy Reid passes.

Yep.

Frankie 01-21-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9337241)
Frank,

Look at the arguments AGAINST Geno.

The spin is a reaction. It may not be right but it is what it is. The pro-Geno crowd has spent 4 months listening to shit like comparisons to Vince Young and Aaron Brooks.

And when that stupid shot gets played out, BlackBob starts another mult account and starts it up again.

You want to see the Geno fans be more realistic? Find a way to get the reeruns to go the **** away.

htismaqe, I love you man but you are going into the chicken and egg territory here. Who cares who started it? There are many unanswered questions about Geno Smith. Maybe they will be answered or maybe not after the combine. I for one have never compared GS to the names you mentioned, but I get treated like I'm all against drafting him. I'm not. IF, and I know it's a big if, we get an intriguing trade down offer to where the FO feels we still have a reasonable chance that he still will be there later, I say go for it. If it backfires and somebody takes him, I say the next guy (pending combine data) is not such a bad compensation if we have gotten extra picks/players for this team. I know you understand this post, but for those who still don't get it, I'M TALKING ABOUT A BIG ****ING IF!

I digress,... If with the incomplete info that we have right now on these QBs, a gun was held to my head and I was told to only pick a QB with the top pick of the draft now, that pick would be Geno Smith. All the while crossing my fingers tightly on one hand and holding my nose with the other.

You are a good poster here, and you don't have to agree with me to hold my respect. That said, I think your post here in itself is an inadvertent spin to justify the attitude of the Geno groupies. Most of the older ones were this way about Brady Quinn when HE was coming up on draft too. They all resorted to name calling every time anyone posted an anti Quinn post.

I was firmly anti-Quinn then and took profane salvos for it. I'm not Geno-or-bust now and I'm still taking them. WTF?!!!

Frankie 01-21-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9337296)
I'm not a Geno hater. I think he should be the pick. But those painting him as this can't miss, flawless prospect, and want to re-create the bad game matrix are ****ing stupid.

THIS. Some here have elevated this guy to sacred religious proportions, where if you raise any doubts about him you have blasphemed. It's ****ing ridiculous.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9338749)
htismaqe, I love you man but you are going into the chicken and egg territory here. Who cares who started it?

In terms of the CONTEXT of the conversation, it absolutely matters "who started it".

The "Geno is God" stuff didn't start until after the conversation was overrun with trolls. The conversation prior was FAR more objective but arguing with stupidity gets redundant and fruitless after a while. It's much easier to fight fire with fire - the "Geno is God" stuff was a last resort, not a first.

Quote:

I for one have never compared GS to the names you mentioned, but I get treated like I'm all against drafting him.

Welcome to Chiefsplanet. If you're not black, you're white. There's no such thing as grey here. Ever.

Quote:

You are a good poster here, and you don't have to agree with me to hold my respect. That said, I think your post here in itself is an inadvertent spin to justify the attitude of the Geno groupies.

Justify? No. It's an explanation. I'm providing context.