ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals * Kansas City Royals @ Philadelphia Phillies Game Thread (4/6) * (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271817)

MeatRock 04-06-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9563228)
Now you're just sucking up to Yost....

ROFLROFL

SCTrojan 04-06-2013 09:14 PM

Just back from the game. It was like getting kicked in the stomach. Sat pretty high up, but it did seem like Holland was getting squeezed. From that distance, the best way to determine if it was a strike is to watch the catcher's mitt. And Perez' glove didn't budge on a couple of those calls. There was no one up in the pen, so it was clear that it was Holland's game to win or lose.

I thought they really left the door ajar when Tejada got picked off third. Getz' fly ball wasn't deep, but it probably gets him home. I thought they were beyond that sort of base running gaffe.

ILChief 04-06-2013 09:15 PM

Why isn't Crow closing?

stonedstooge 04-06-2013 09:15 PM

I'm more pissed that Yost sits players right after they come off a hot hitting game.

MeatRock 04-06-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCTrojan (Post 9563234)
Just back from the game. It was like getting kicked in the stomach. Sat pretty high up, but it did seem like Holland was getting squeezed. From that distance, the best way to determine if it was a strike is to watch the catcher's mitt. And Perez' glove didn't budge on a couple of those calls. There was no one up in the pen, so it was clear that it was Holland's game to win or lose.

I thought they really left the door ajar when Tejada got picked off third. Getz' fly ball wasn't deep, but it probably gets him home. I thought they were beyond that sort of base running gaffe.

He did get squeezed, but Holland couldn't locate well either. Holland lost the game, no one else.

MeatRock 04-06-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9563237)
Why isn't Crow closing?

ROFL

MeatRock 04-06-2013 09:17 PM

Why isn't Hoch closing?

Nightfyre 04-06-2013 09:18 PM

So, I also just want to throw out there that I don't think Holland was nervous. I think he was pissed. He got himself all worked up about the first non-call walk that he started overthrowing. He finally gets over it two walks later but gives up a hit. Hopefully, he will have learned a valuable lesson from today's game.

WhawhaWhat 04-06-2013 09:19 PM

Seeing people somehow blame Ned Yost for the loss is pretty amusing. This is on Holland plain and simple. It's also game 5 of the regular season, not post season. You don't empty the bullpen to get 1 out.

MeatRock 04-06-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9563256)
Seeing people somehow blame Ned Yost for the loss is pretty amusing. This is on Holland plain and simple. It's also game 5 of the regular season, not post season. You don't empty the bullpen to get 1 out.

Because it's the Royals. They haven't won shit in a long time, just like the Chiefs. This fan base is sick of losing in baseball too.

SCTrojan 04-06-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9563242)
He did get squeezed, but Holland couldn't locate well either. Holland lost the game, no one else.

Agreed. A closer CANNOT let the winning run come to the plate in that situation. Let alone put him on base by walking the bases full.

Al Bundy 04-06-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9563220)
You continue to defy logic. Somehow I thought 2013 might hold out hope for you. Sadly, I was too optimistic.

Yost isn't a good manager. Holland didn't have it tonight. Those 2 together made for a good ole fashion Royals loss. Gotta get tomorrow's game to hopefully not let this loss linger and turn into last April's losing streak.

Al Bundy 04-06-2013 09:27 PM

Furthermore these are the types of games this team can't afford to blow, IF they are concerned about winning this year.

Demonpenz 04-06-2013 09:29 PM

I remember people getting pissed at Mark Grezolonic dropping a pop fly the same year that he won the gold glove. Baseball ...shit happens.

EagleRob 04-06-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9563237)
Why isn't Crow closing?

This!