ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

Silock 03-22-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10508442)
lew I'm still not clear on what Creatine does - is it ONLY for energy?

Creatine boosts ATP production by buffering phosphates. When you use your muscles, you have a limited supply of ATP (which is what powers your body). ATP goes to ADP (adenosine TRIphosphate to adenosine DIphosphate). Creatine donates a phosphate to the ADP so it becomes ATP again and can be used immediately for energy.

It will get you a few more reps when lifting, or slightly longer sprints. It's used in high-demand activities. There won't be much benefit, if any, to distance running or high-rep sets (20+).

jiveturkey 03-22-2014 11:24 AM

Leg endurance day is a ****ing nightmare. I can barely move.

How soon before a work out are you guys taking creatine? I've been told to cycle off every 6 weeks or so and then start back up 2 weeks later. Something about constant use keeping your body from properly producing it on its own.

lewdog 03-22-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10508506)
Leg endurance day is a ****ing nightmare. I can barely move.

How soon before a work out are you guys taking creatine? I've been told to cycle off every 6 weeks or so and then start back up 2 weeks later. Something about constant use keeping your body from properly producing it on its own.

That's bullshit. Take it post workout (5g) in your protein shake on workout days. Once it's saturated in muscle cells, taking it 3-4x per week on workout days is plenty. No need to take on off days. No need to cycle off.

lewdog 03-22-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10508442)
lew I'm still not clear on what Creatine does - is it ONLY for energy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10508451)
Creatine boosts ATP production by buffering phosphates. When you use your muscles, you have a limited supply of ATP (which is what powers your body). ATP goes to ADP (adenosine TRIphosphate to adenosine DIphosphate). Creatine donates a phosphate to the ADP so it becomes ATP again and can be used immediately for energy.

It will get you a few more reps when lifting, or slightly longer sprints. It's used in high-demand activities. There won't be much benefit, if any, to distance running or high-rep sets (20+).

Silock answered it but in short, increased ATP gives you a small increase in the ability to get an extra rep or two on lifts. Is it a huge advantage, no. Is it a small advantage that comes relatively cheap, yes. It's worth it. Regular Creatine Mono, cheap stuff. Don't be bullshitted by some marketing of creatine buffering crap. That's worthless.

lewdog 03-22-2014 11:43 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SILOCK!

Have an extra scoop of protein on your special day!

ThaVirus 03-22-2014 11:58 AM

It's kind of crazy how much misinformation is out there.

I remember a while back, someone told me creatine helps you add size by retaining water in your muscles.

lewdog 03-22-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10508546)
I remember a while back, someone told me creatine helps you add size by retaining water in your muscles.

That's actually kind of true.

Well it does cause you to increase your intracellular fluid in muscle cells. Whether that increases your actual protein synthesis or just adds "size" because of extra water is hard to determine. An increase in cell volume however is thought to be the first step in protein synthesis which can lead to an increase in muscle size.

Simply Red 03-22-2014 02:19 PM

thanks guys -

BigCatDaddy 03-22-2014 06:11 PM

Interesting product I mentioned awhile back as a Test Booster. Apparently a Gaspari Rep ran it and it raised his total T 500 points. That's pretty significant if true.

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index...cts_id=2002935

Cephalic Trauma 03-22-2014 06:17 PM

Does it worry anyone here that supplements have no FDA regulation whatsoever? They can sell products with baseless dosages, contaminants, or less/more of what is printed on the label, and the FDA can do very little about it?

lewdog 03-22-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10509011)
Does it worry anyone here that supplements have no FDA regulation whatsoever? They can sell products with baseless dosages, contaminants, or less/more of what is printed on the label, and the FDA can do very little about it?

Um the FDA is ****ing worthless anyway so no, it doesn't scare me.

BigCatDaddy 03-22-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10509011)

At any time the FDA can also declare any ingredient "dangerous" and pressure companies to stop using it like they did DMAA recently. I see both sides. Some companies are worthless and will spike products and the FDA has many issues as well. Just stupid shit like going after Cheerios for saying they may reduce cholesterol levels. In the end be smart to your research and know what companies are solid what the ingredients are in each product and consult a doctor before putting stuff in your body. Take some personal responsibility rather then taking something because Jane Skinnyass down the street says she lost weight on it.

RunKC 03-22-2014 06:34 PM

Turkey Bacon
Eggs
Yogurt
Low fat Milk (I got a small container to only use in coffee and oatmeal)
Stir Fry sauce
Carrots
Broccoli
Variety flavored oatmeal
Steak (special treat)
Chicken
Mio water flavor
Strawberries
Bananas
Turkey
Nuts
Tuna
Salmon
Salsa
Sugar Cubes (15 cals per cube. Only 3 a day for coffee)
Asparagus
Apples
Whole wheat Pasta
Pasta sauce

I think I did pretty good today at the grocery store. But I didn't get pussy. Sorry Simply Red. I think they were out.

Hammock Parties 03-22-2014 06:35 PM

**** the oatmeal.

penguinz 03-22-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10509044)
**** the oatmeal.

You have some really odd fetishes.