ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

DeepPurple 04-11-2011 02:08 PM

If you like shows such as The Twilight Zone, you should like Devil. It's probably one of the best low budget flicks I've seen in a while, I gave it an 8 out of 10.

The central character is played by Chris Messina, who I've seen in a bunch of films usually playing a second fiddle, this film he really shines as a take charge detective. I remembered him from playing Claire's boyfriend on Six Foot Under.

A large portion of the movie is about several people stuck on an elevator. One of them is an actor named Logan Marshall Green, what's interesting is I found out he's been living with Marisa Tormei for the last couple of years. The good looking girl on the elevator is Bojana Novakovic, she was unknown to me but I did find out she was the one that played Mel Gibson's daughter that got killed in the beginning of Edge of Darkness.

Bump 04-11-2011 02:41 PM

I just watched 127 hours. Everything about this film is professional and first-rate. James Franco deserved a Best Actor nomination, but he didn't deserve to win. Likewise for director Danny Boyle, who as always makes the most of a good score to enhance the visual aspects of the film. That said, this wasn't particularly inspiring or suspenseful to watch. Perhaps because we knew what would happen because its based on a true story. Knowing all along how the films conflict would resolve itself detracted from what might otherwise have been gripping and suspenseful scenes. The device of having Franco's character talk to his camcorder also seemed a bit trite. We really didn't get a feel for his desperation. if there was any, or of the revelations that might come to a young adventurer faced with his own demise. The total experience of watching this film does not yield as much satisfaction as one could expect when totaling up the strengths of its parts: good acting, good direction, good music, compelling story and breathtaking scenery.

Bump 04-11-2011 02:42 PM

Look at this guy's review off of netflix for 127 hours:

This movie has more of a feel of a right wing propaganda than a movie. Its too easy to see its just a rock portraying the Gov. Budget debate and the only way out is with massive cuts. Like that kid and the shark movie Soul Surfer wasnt a planned release for what is going on right now. Just to throw fuel on the fire there is a rip on products made from China.

Bump 04-11-2011 07:43 PM

Morning Glory is a splendid work of film making, comprised of a winning storyline and characters we come to care about. Hats off to the writers, as the script really gives the movie a shot of adrenaline and reels you in. I consider it one of the years finer comedies in an environment where abrasive humor seems to draw people in droves. What Morning Glory isnt is a romantic comedy or a chick flick, as what we are tending to see on the previews. Rather, a story of an executive producer determined to turn around a dying TV show in comic fashion.

QuikSsurfer 04-12-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 7553635)
Best m. Night shamylan movie in a long time. Its pretty entertaining

This.

Watched it last night. First movie I've liked by him since The Village... Yup, I liked The Village..

Ceej 04-12-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7556641)
This.

Watched it last night. First movie I've liked by him since The Village... Yup, I liked The Village..

I was starting to think I was one of the few.

Let's Double Dragon these assholes!!!!!1111

QuikSsurfer 04-12-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 7556728)
I was starting to think I was one of the few.

Let's Double Dragon these assholes!!!!!1111

Yeah, no shit.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...rkHighFive.png

Ceej 04-12-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7556741)

This... this... picture is magical.

Otter 04-12-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7556641)

As much as I like you I think we need some time apart to figure things out.

:huh:

sedated 04-12-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 7553465)
Watching Devil this afternoon. Has anyone seen it?

I was excited about Devil when I saw the trailor. But the potential for that type of scenario was so great, that it left me feeling let down when the movie was over.

The Rick 04-12-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 7554131)
Anyone catch Cedar Rapids?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f9VspqcwtJQ?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

Saw it on Friday. Hilarious low budget flick...laughed all the way through. Lots of subtle jokes to go along with the obvious ones (BrownStar Insurance! :) ).

Ed Helms played his part perfectly, and everything out of John C. Reilly's mouth was gold. Anne Heche surprisingly wasn't annoying either.

My favorite though, by far, was Isiah Whitlock Jr. Loved his role as the "proper" black gentleman and his references to "The Wire".

If you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it! :thumb:

Anyone? No one? :harumph:

patteeu 04-12-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 7558934)
Anyone? No one? :harumph:

Haven't seen it. Put it in my Netflix queue based on your recommendation.

blaise 04-12-2011 10:14 PM

Watching The Proposition again. Guy Pearce and Ray Winstone. It's a good western (Australian western)

Dayze 04-13-2011 07:17 AM

watched THe LIncoln Lawyer last weekend at the theater (first time in years we've been); i was pretty entertained by it.

chasedude 04-13-2011 01:22 PM

Saw someone posted in this thread about the movie "The Road" with Viggo, so I decided to check it out.

Really liked it, quite the amazing story of survival in a post apocalyptic world.