ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Buehler445 04-21-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7578602)
Friend bought The King's Speech, so I went over to watch it last night. Great movie. MUCH better than I thought it was going to be.

I liked it too. I even watched it on a plane with an itty bitty ass screen and the worst sound known to man.

KcMizzou 04-21-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 7583386)
I liked it too. I even watched it on a plane with an itty bitty ass screen and the worst sound known to man.

Honestly, I thought it would be boring as hell. Think "Out of Africa".

It wasn't at all. Great movie.

NewChief 04-22-2011 07:10 AM

This got a good review recently on salon.com. Looks like the kind of zombie/vampire movie I like (post-apoc).

Stake Land.

Unfortunately, it's a limited release.

QuikSsurfer 04-22-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warispeace (Post 7579467)
Finally watched Dead Alive, the Peter Jackson movie. Seriously the bloodiest movie I've ever seen. More bloody than Kill Bill part I. It was pretty kick ass though. I loved the lawn mower scene.

The lawn mower foyer scene is awesome!
Is it, without a doubt, the goriest movie EVARRR

ReynardMuldrake 04-22-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7584040)
The lawn mower foyer scene is awesome!
Is it, without a doubt, the goriest movie EVARRR

Yeah, I knew it by reputation, but even so it caught me by surprise. I don't think it's possible to use more gore in a movie. According to IMDB, that movie holds the record for most fake blood used during production.

It really wasn't a bad movie either. Pretty decent zombie flick.

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2011 04:43 PM

Just finished M. Night Shyamalamadingdong's "Devil". It was OK. The last 20 minutes or so kinda undid the suspense that had been building, and after the first hour I felt basically let down. Someone needs to train that guy on how to close the deal.

Bowser 04-23-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7574216)
I think I liked Hanna more than you did, but as someone who generally waits to see movies on DVD, this one won't lose much in the transition to the little screen. I particularly liked the music used in this movie. The driving electronic beats of the Chemical Brothers helped increase the tension on the chase scenes.

Yes, agreed. The soundtrack was great. And the film was good, almost great in parts, just not awesome. I've certainly seen worse movies that were hyped more than this one was.

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2011 07:20 PM

Rabbit Hole is outstanding. Great performances by Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart.

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2011 08:59 PM

Watching Outbreak on Instant Queue. WTF is Kevin Spacey thinking going blonde?

Buehler445 04-24-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7587019)
Watching Outbreak on Instant Queue. WTF is Kevin Spacey thinking going blonde?

The early 90s were full of bad decisions.

Fire Me Boy! 04-24-2011 02:42 PM

It's been a day of movies at the FMB! house. Labyrinth this morning (w00t!). Just finished Love and Other Drugs (very good). Mrs. FMB! wants to watch Black Swan and then The King's Speech.

Easy 6 04-24-2011 02:46 PM

I'm gonna watch We Were Soldiers for about the tenth time later, one of the most underrated war movies ever.

It really gives you a sense of what it might feel like to have a 'human wave' charging toward you, one after the other. Those guys fought their asses off at Ia Drang.

ragedogg69 04-24-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7588209)
It's been a day of movies at the FMB! house. Labyrinth this morning (w00t!). Just finished Love and Other Drugs (very good). Mrs. FMB! wants to watch Black Swan and then The King's Speech.

I loved love and drug. thought hathaway should have earned an oscar nom for it. Not just for her great t&a either.
Sent from my GTablet running VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk

Buehler445 04-25-2011 12:23 AM

Fighter was as good as you said it was.

Bump 04-25-2011 12:31 AM

Easy A is a film who is attempting to be indie as ****, but fails at it. While it kept my attention for the most part, it wasn't very humorous or substantial. It's a new take on a high school movie and I appreciate that and it probably makes sense. But something was missing from this film.