ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

mr. tegu 07-11-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9804906)
Danny Duffy update:

6 IP | 1 ER | 2 K/3 BB last night.

Since his first outing in Omaha

3.34 ERA
1.25 WHIP
29 2/3 IP
27 K
12 BB

Getting closer. His numbers are pretty close now to what he was doing in his last stint at Omaha, in 2011.

Give him a few more starts and have him continue working on command, and he's probably ready for the show.

I have been thinking after the all star break is what they are shooting for. No sense in getting him back before that only to have his time between starts all messed up because of the break.

BigCatDaddy 07-11-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9804909)
It was in a game thread a few days ago I think. Not going back to find it now.

I would say about 90% of the posters would be all for it. Any lineup with Gordon, Hos, Billy, and Sal batting 1-4 I'd be cool with.

Tytanium 07-11-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9804892)
Yet people here will bitch and moan if Hosmer hits at 2 instead.

Who seriously complains if Hosmer hits 2? Gordon, Hosmer, Perez, Butler is an excellent top 4.

Gordon
Hosmer
Perez
Butler
Lough
Cain
Moustakas
Giavotella
Escobar

Is that not a bad lineup? LLRRLRLRR. Unless you're Ned Yost and still believe that handedness has a lot to do with hitting ability, that seems a pretty balanced lineup, no?

Edit: Today's lineup. Wade Davis on paternity leave (also Ryan LeFebvre, congrats). Donnie Joseph called up from AAA.

Gordon
Escobar
Hosmer
Butler
Perez
Cain
Tejada
Giavotella
Lough

Jesus, Ned. Give it a ****ing rest already.

Also, this little nugget of info courtesy of Twitter: In 69 PA, Eternal #2 hitter Alcides has reached base 7 times in the first inning. A .092/.106/.154 line. Choke on a thousand dicks, Ned.

DeepSouth 07-11-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9804906)
Danny Duffy update:

6 IP | 1 ER | 2 K/3 BB last night.

Since his first outing in Omaha

3.34 ERA
1.25 WHIP
29 2/3 IP
27 K
12 BB

Getting closer. His numbers are pretty close now to what he was doing in his last stint at Omaha, in 2011.

Give him a few more starts and have him continue working on command, and he's probably ready for the show.

If Chen has a couple of good outings before the deadline, I think he'll be gone for prospects to a team that needs a starter. That would leave an opening for either Duffy or W. Smith in the rotation. Chen won't be on the team next year no matter what else happens.

Prison Bitch 07-11-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9804899)
Love Uncle Hud.

You love "billy bombs with bbq sauce on it"?

Seriously?

mr. tegu 07-11-2013 08:55 AM

Kansas City Royals@Royals
#Royals announce that they have placed RHP Wade Davis on Paternity Leave and recalled LHP @Donnie_Joseph from Omaha today.

BigCatDaddy 07-11-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 9804924)
If Chen has a couple of good outings before the deadline, I think he'll be gone for prospects to a team that needs a starter. That would leave an opening for either Duffy or W. Smith in the rotation. Chen won't be on the team next year no matter what else happens.

So you think they keep running out Wade Davis and his Hoch/Davies like numbers?

duncan_idaho 07-11-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tytanium (Post 9804916)
Who seriously complains if Hosmer hits 2? Gordon, Hosmer, Perez, Butler is an excellent top 4.

Gordon
Hosmer
Perez
Butler
Lough
Cain
Moustakas
Giavotella
Escobar

Is that not a bad lineup? LLRRLRLRR. Unless you're Ned Yost and still believe that handedness has a lot to do with hitting ability, that seems a pretty balanced lineup, no?

Edit: Today's lineup. Wade Davis on paternity leave (also Ryan LeFebvre, congrats). Donnie Joseph called up from AAA.

Gordon
Escobar
Hosmer
Butler
Perez
Cain
Tejada
Giavotella
Lough

Jesus, Ned. Give it a ****ing rest already.

Also, this little nugget of info courtesy of Twitter: In 69 PA, Eternal #2 hitter Alcides has reached base 7 times in the first inning. A .092/.106/.154 line. Choke on a thousand dicks, Ned.

But Escobar has an RBI 2B and a R out of that spot in the past two games. That probably earned him another month in the 2 hole.

JFC Ned. Get with the program and realize that you shouldn't be giving the second-most at-bats to one of your 3 worst hitters.

BigCatDaddy 07-11-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9804928)
Kansas City Royals@Royals
#Royals announce that they have placed RHP Wade Davis on Paternity Leave and recalled LHP @Donnie_Joseph from Omaha today.

Take the full 6 weeks Wade! :)

duncan_idaho 07-11-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 9804924)

I'm not sure how much trade value Chen has, but sure, if you can flip him for a lottery ticket or a useful piece, do it.

If they could move Chen for SOMETHING, then flip Davis to the pen and put Smith and Duffy in the rotation, I think that's an improvement across the board.

duncan_idaho 07-11-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9804934)
Take the full 6 weeks Wade! :)

Yeah, except now you can't give him a few more starts before moving him to the pen.

Hopefully, someone grabs hold of that job while he's gone and they are forced to move Davis back to the pen when he returns.

Prison Bitch 07-11-2013 09:03 AM

I love how people talk about getting Chase Utley, when the Phils have the exact same record we do.

gblowfish 07-11-2013 09:20 AM

This was in today's KC Star. This guy is the WORST baseball broadcaster ever. Even worse than Hud:

Familiar voice

Veteran broadcaster Bob Davis is returning to the Royals’ radio booth for a short tour starting with Thursday afternoon’s series finale against New York at Yankee Stadium.

Ryan Lefebvre is returning to Kansas City to be with his wife, Sarah, as she delivers the couple’s third child.

Davis will share the radio booth with Steve Stewart for Thursday’s game against the Yankees and the games Friday and Sunday against the Indians in Cleveland.

Steve Physioc will replace Lefebvre on TV play-by-play for Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Since Saturday’s game won’t be televised by Fox Sports Kansas City, Physioc will join Stewart for that game’s radio broadcast.

Davis spent 16 seasons as part of the Royals’ broadcast team, on TV and radio, from 1997 to 2012.

Tytanium 07-11-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9804985)
This was in today's KC Star. This guy is the WORST baseball broadcaster ever. Even worse than Hud:

Familiar voice

Veteran broadcaster Bob Davis is returning to the Royals’ radio booth for a short tour starting with Thursday afternoon’s series finale against New York at Yankee Stadium.

Ryan Lefebvre is returning to Kansas City to be with his wife, Sarah, as she delivers the couple’s third child.

Davis will share the radio booth with Steve Stewart for Thursday’s game against the Yankees and the games Friday and Sunday against the Indians in Cleveland.

Steve Physioc will replace Lefebvre on TV play-by-play for Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Since Saturday’s game won’t be televised by Fox Sports Kansas City, Physioc will join Stewart for that game’s radio broadcast.

Davis spent 16 seasons as part of the Royals’ broadcast team, on TV and radio, from 1997 to 2012.

Bob Davis is the best. He's a little too old now, but he gets old man excited and it's wonderful. Perfect contrast to Denny Matthews.

Also, you can't seriously suggest ANY broadcaster is as bad as Rex Hudler. Hudler is the absolute worst, from his Disney tainted optimism, total lack of broadcast grade vocal control or inflection, or basic knowledge of baseball and the Royals. Hud has a kid's voice in an adult body and it drives me insane.

DeepSouth 07-11-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9804931)
So you think they keep running out Wade Davis and his Hoch/Davies like numbers?

I didn't say that. In creating a spot in the rotation for Duffy (or Smith), I believe moving Chen is a possibility. I'm all for adding prospects to the farm system.

I have mixed feelings about Davis. He has good outings and he has bad outings.