ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

luv 05-06-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7623915)
Easy A was actually a pretty good movie.

I'm thinking about buying it. Watch Inception yet?

The Franchise 05-07-2011 11:45 PM

No Inception as of yet. I forgot that I had shit to do on Friday....so I didn't have 3 uninterrupted hours to spend watching Inception.

I did however watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1. That shit was way better than I thought it was going to be.

Ceej 05-08-2011 06:58 PM

I had low expectations to begin with, but, damn Skyline sucked hard. Geez.

cdcox 05-08-2011 07:09 PM

We finally got around to seeing Source Code this weekend. Kind of a Deja Vu meets Groundhog Day if you can mesh those two. The wife and I enjoyed it. Anyone else see it?

Buck 05-08-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7628210)
We finally got around to seeing Source Code this weekend. Kind of a Deja Vu meets Groundhog Day if you can mesh those two. The wife and I enjoyed it. Anyone else see it?

I saw it and liked it.

Ceej 05-08-2011 07:18 PM

I also enjoyed Source Code.

Buck 05-08-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 7628219)
I also enjoyed Source Code.

I think your sig is outdated.

Ceej 05-08-2011 08:51 PM

Sigs are for pussies.

Fire Me Boy! 05-09-2011 06:32 AM

Source Code was quite enjoyable.

Thor was pretty badass too.

ReynardMuldrake 05-09-2011 08:05 AM

Just watched Eraserhead last night. Been wanting to see it for a long time. It was better than I thought it would be. Full of symbolism. Very thought-provoking.

Pedro 05-09-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7628210)

I liked it a whole lot more than I thought I would. The previews looked great, but I was doubtful when I heard it was like a combination of The Matrix and Groundhog Day (even though those were two great movies).

Pedro 05-09-2011 06:54 PM

I didn't read all 6851 posts in this thread, so there's a chance this will be a repeat of what somebody else has already said, but I thought the Star Trek movie of a couple of years ago was one of the best movies I've seen in decades.

Maybe I'm prejudiced because I am a Star Trek fan, but I thought they did the movie absolutely perfect. I don't know whether to hope for a second movie or not, because I'd hate to see a second movie that isn't nearly as good (kind of like Matrix #2 and #3).

Dayze 05-11-2011 07:23 AM

Watched "Easy A" last night. Surprisingly really good. I very much enjoyed it.
I really enjoyed the plot/concept with the parallel to The Scarlett Letter.

not to mention Emma Stone...mmmmmm. good lord.:drool::hump:

Otter 05-11-2011 07:28 AM

Watched "A History of Violence" last night without noticing Cronenberg was the director when I rented it. The premise of the movie was really cool on paper but he managed to butcher it into something between a superhero and reality topped off with a virtually pointless ending. Good to see my hate of Cronenberg Movies is withstanding the test of time.

3/10

Dayze 05-12-2011 07:26 AM

My wife and I watched "Kick-Ass" last night...LMAO
that movie was so awesome. The look on my wife's face when I said "I want to watch this movie 'Kick-Ass'"....was priceless.

without giving stuff away to those who havn't seen it, "Hit-Girl" was bad ass.
the movie had a great blend of action/violence and comedy. The special effects were really cool - not too over the top, but enough to mimic comic book violence really well. ...and I'm not a comic book guy. But you could feel some of the violent scenes had that comic book-y sort of vibe.

I still can't get over Hit-Girl.:rockon: