ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Bowser 05-12-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro (Post 7630604)
I didn't read all 6851 posts in this thread, so there's a chance this will be a repeat of what somebody else has already said, but I thought the Star Trek movie of a couple of years ago was one of the best movies I've seen in decades.

Maybe I'm prejudiced because I am a Star Trek fan, but I thought they did the movie absolutely perfect. I don't know whether to hope for a second movie or not, because I'd hate to see a second movie that isn't nearly as good (kind of like Matrix #2 and #3).

There was a rumor floating around that Abrams was going to re-tell the Khan story, and the Trekkie truists were up in arms over it. I haven't bothered to dig to see if these rumors still have legs, but at this point I'd be fine with whatever story Abrams wanted to tell.

QuikSsurfer 05-12-2011 11:40 AM

Watched "Kick-ass" last night... I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. Great movie.

Dayze 05-12-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7636566)
Watched "Kick-ass" last night... I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. Great movie.

me too. when I shut off the TV/PS3, I just kept mumbling to myself "what an awesome movie". The entire movie was a complete surprise to me. Nothing at ALL what I expected.

just before kickoff to the other team, I think the board operator at Arrowhead should play the line from the scene where we were first introduced to "Hit-Girls" character.

Simply Red 05-13-2011 12:28 PM

I re-enjoyed 'The Bourne Identity' last weekend, MD is a really good actor, maybe the best in his class. i love that series - are they planning on releasing yet another one? // (movie)

Simply Red 05-13-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7633491)
Watched "A History of Violence" last night without noticing Cronenberg was the director when I rented it. The premise of the movie was really cool on paper but he managed to butcher it into something between a superhero and reality topped off with a virtually pointless ending. Good to see my hate of Cronenberg Movies is withstanding the test of time.

3/10

Didn't he do Scanners?

blaise 05-13-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7638807)
I re-enjoyed 'The Bourne Identity' last weekend, MD is a really good actor, maybe the best in his class. i love that series - are they planning on releasing yet another one? // (movie)

Yes, Jeremy Renner is supposed to be Bourne though, from what I read. I didn't really like the Bourne Ultimatum.

Miles 05-13-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7638815)

Didn't he do Scanners?

Yeah that was him. Though the lead actor in that one was about as brutal as possible and was close to ruining the otherwise solid flick.

I generally really like Cronenberg but I can see how some of his better efforts don't work for some. Eastern Promises, Dead Ringers, Videodrome and Naked Lunch are legitimately damn good. I really liked A History of Violence but when re-watching recently it didn't hold up quite as well as I remembered.

The Rick 05-13-2011 11:16 PM

Anyone planning on seeing Bridesmaids? Going to see it tomorrow night with the wife. I think she's expecting a chick flick. :)

GordonGekko 05-13-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7638907)
Yes, Jeremy Renner is supposed to be Bourne though, from what I read. I didn't really like the Bourne Ultimatum.

Wow Hollywood is going to 'sub' in another JB? They really need to come up with new material (although the Bourne trilogy rocks).

Definitely sitting @ home on a Friday night watching Talladega Nights.

Otter 05-14-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 7639710)
Yeah that was him. Though the lead actor in that one was about as brutal as possible and was close to ruining the otherwise solid flick.

I generally really like Cronenberg but I can see how some of his better efforts don't work for some. Eastern Promises, Dead Ringers, Videodrome and Naked Lunch are legitimately damn good. I really liked A History of Violence but when re-watching recently it didn't hold up quite as well as I remembered.

His stuff just doesn't jive with me for some reason. His style just adds too many spices to the pot and it turns out to be a mess. He's not straight forward, he's no abstract. It's like going for sushi and then vanilla ice cream while drinking red wine.

All good stuff but it somehow gut lumped into contradicting pile of poo.

Otter 05-14-2011 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7638815)

Didn't he do Scanners?

According to IMDB he did, never seen it though.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-15-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 7639881)
Anyone planning on seeing Bridesmaids? Going to see it tomorrow night with the wife. I think she's expecting a chick flick. :)

How was it? My fiancee's bridal shower was today and we didn't get a chance to see it with all the festivities afterward. I was wanting to take her to see it but. Nice correlation huh? lol

ragedogg69 05-15-2011 10:35 AM

Just saw the Lincoln lawyer. Loved it.
Sent from my GTablet running CM7 using Tapatalk

The Rick 05-15-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7640832)
How was it? My fiancee's bridal shower was today and we didn't get a chance to see it with all the festivities afterward. I was wanting to take her to see it but. Nice correlation huh? lol

Really funny. Someone compared it to The Hangover. I don't know if I'd go quite that far, but it's close and well worth the price of admission in my opinion. We laughed a lot (along with the rest of the theater) all the way throughout.

Great cast and a pretty good story too. Definitely recommend you go see it! Kristen Wiig is great in it...this should be a breakthrough performance for her from a movie standpoint.

Ebolapox 05-15-2011 03:09 PM

Thor was great.