ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Broken Planes & Families, and the number 159 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247877)

Donger 08-04-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein 159 (Post 7802588)
Do the work yourself. Prove me wrong.

I have reviewed this thread. I cannot find where I wrote "I don't believe you" in this thread, other than when I asked help to find it.

You made the claim, Frankie.

So, where did I write that in this thread?

Frankie 08-04-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7802604)
I have reviewed this thread. I cannot find where I wrote "I don't believe you" in this thread, other than when I asked help to find it.

Oh I forgot. With you it has to be exact words so you can understand. Otherwise it might tax your brain. :rolleyes:

Bugeater 08-04-2011 09:02 PM

Jesus christ you guys...

Donger 08-04-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein 159 (Post 7802625)
Oh I forgot. With you it has to be exact words so you can understand. Otherwise it might tax your brain. :rolleyes:

Okay, that was expected. What "own sentence" were you referring to when you wrote this, Frankie?

"You aren't smart enough to catch my using your own sentence (in this very thread) back on yourself. THAT... is a shock!"

Donger 08-04-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7802627)
Jesus christ you guys...

I have offered Frankie multiple times in this thread a way to gracefully bow out and have a laugh. He has chosen not to do so.

**** him.

Saul Good 08-04-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein 159 (Post 7802588)
Do the work yourself. Prove me wrong.

This is going to require a 690 qoute post. It could take a few minutes.

listopencil 08-04-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7801532)
This thread has jumped the fire.

I was trying to find out what that meant (I didn't remember even though I know it was mentioned on The Planet) and I found a delightful website that explained the whole process. Here's a snippet (emphasis part of original article):

But tonight, a sweet coworker named Saba invited me to her home to share in a tradition she holds on to from her own days in Iran. I had no idea what to expect, but I'm so glad to have experienced the warmth of the fire and of Saba's hospitality.

For me, tonight was a whole new way of doing Persian. In my head, the associations with Persian events are words like overdone, super-fancy, formal, and stuffy. But, tonight, the setting was Saba's cozy-artsy apartment in Franklin Hills, and the event was much more personal.

Not that the spread was not impressive: Saba's home is peppered with accents from the old country, all with a unique touch. Her gorgeous old silver tea set was a find at an antique shop in Tehran, and the beautiful but quirky miniature painting of a dainty Persian dancer in traditional baggy pants standing on her head? Saba painted it herself, natch

And, oh the company! As we sat on Saba's deck watching the fire burn, she and her friend Asal (Persian for honey) -- a San-Francisco-based artist in town preparing for an opening in Tehran -- fed my endless hunger for stories of current life in that city: this world of thrift store shopping, daily protests in the streets, conversations with cabbies, tea made from leaves freshly picked, pimps decked out in their finest standing on street corners in the middle of the night, and a youth population perfectly well versed in sex, drugs, and rock and roll -- all the delicious details CNN does not cover. I got to speak Persian (nothing new, but lately it's been especially fun), and these lovely women even complimented me! All the while, Asal's husband Bijan kept the vibe going as our DJ for the night.

http://tannazie.blogspot.com/2011/03...over-fire.html

loochy 08-05-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7802831)
I was trying to find out what that meant (I didn't remember even though I know it was mentioned on The Planet) and I found a delightful website that explained the whole process. Here's a snippet (emphasis part of original article):

But tonight, a sweet coworker named Saba invited me to her home to share in a tradition she holds on to from her own days in Iran. I had no idea what to expect, but I'm so glad to have experienced the warmth of the fire and of Saba's hospitality.

For me, tonight was a whole new way of doing Persian. In my head, the associations with Persian events are words like overdone, super-fancy, formal, and stuffy. But, tonight, the setting was Saba's cozy-artsy apartment in Franklin Hills, and the event was much more personal.

Not that the spread was not impressive: Saba's home is peppered with accents from the old country, all with a unique touch. Her gorgeous old silver tea set was a find at an antique shop in Tehran, and the beautiful but quirky miniature painting of a dainty Persian dancer in traditional baggy pants standing on her head? Saba painted it herself, natch

And, oh the company! As we sat on Saba's deck watching the fire burn, she and her friend Asal (Persian for honey) -- a San-Francisco-based artist in town preparing for an opening in Tehran -- fed my endless hunger for stories of current life in that city: this world of thrift store shopping, daily protests in the streets, conversations with cabbies, tea made from leaves freshly picked, pimps decked out in their finest standing on street corners in the middle of the night, and a youth population perfectly well versed in sex, drugs, and rock and roll -- all the delicious details CNN does not cover. I got to speak Persian (nothing new, but lately it's been especially fun), and these lovely women even complimented me! All the while, Asal's husband Bijan kept the vibe going as our DJ for the night.

http://tannazie.blogspot.com/2011/03...over-fire.html

Bigot.

RNR 08-05-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 7801094)
Hey, I noticed your avatar is a scene from "Cool Hand Luke". One of my favorites. Remember the scene where Newman gets his ass beat over and over and over by George Kennedy, only to get up time and time again? Then everyone in the prison gains respect for him out of the ass-kicking he took but never gave up?

Yeah, not so much for Frankie.

"Luke: Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand"
In this case not so much~

Frankie 08-05-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7802663)
have offered Frankie multiple times in this thread a way to gracefully bow out

Thank you your majesty. Donger the great is a legend in his own mind. ROFL

Donger, I said it before in this thread, you're not all that. Oh I did not say it in those exact words, but it's true. This emperor is naked. You have a high opinion of yourself and that makes you quite the little insecure creature. Especially when it comes to admitting that there just may be folks out there who might have tested out higher than you in intelligence.

Frankie 08-05-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7802709)
This is going to require a 690 qoute post. It could take a few minutes.

Ask Donger. He will graciously grant you the minutes.

threebag 08-05-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7802604)

You made the claim, Frankie.

So, where did I write that in this thread?

Just before Einstein proved this could happen in the air.

Frankie 08-05-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7802990)
Bigot.

:spock:

Donger 08-05-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein 159 (Post 7803243)
Thank you your majesty. Donger the great is a legend in his own mind. ROFL

Donger, I said it before in this thread, you're not all that. Oh I did not say it in those exact words, but it's true. This emperor is naked. You have a high opinion of yourself and that makes you quite the little insecure creature. Especially when it comes to admitting that there just may be folks out there who might have tested out higher than you in intelligence.

I've no doubt that there are people here who are more intelligent than I.

Now, what "own sentence" were you referring to when you wrote this, Frankie?

"You aren't smart enough to catch my using your own sentence (in this very thread) back on yourself. THAT... is a shock!"

Rausch 08-05-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7801848)
Oh, so he IS a bigot then.

"...a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions..."

That would be me...