ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

kcxiv 08-15-2011 02:49 AM

last week and this week brought this shit right back to beyond awesome. I should have known better. I was in the wrong the whole time.

Demonpenz 08-15-2011 10:35 AM

they always zoom in or icolate when the keys are in the vehicle

rocknrolla 08-15-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7825800)
Walt just can't help it. :facepalm: I thought Skyler was going to crush his nuts right at the table.

They are trying to build Jesse's confidence. He now has a sense of worth, being Mike's watchdog, instead of self-destructing at the house.

Nice setup by Gus, he is a genious when it comes to human psychology.

That's exactly the way I see it.

notorious 08-15-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7826208)

Insane minds think alike.

I'm sorry. :D

AirForceChief 08-15-2011 04:07 PM

"Maybe your genius is still out there..."

Hey, Walt, hubris much?

Zebedee DuBois 08-15-2011 04:09 PM

Mike is a remarkably patient man.

CoMoChief 08-15-2011 05:24 PM

last 2 episodes were ****ing epic.

when the guy came out of the car with a shotgun and left whats his face at the drop off scene, that was some intense television....i thought shit was gonna get real. lol

love this show.....also loved walt being tipsy at the end indirectly subconsciously challenging Hank to find the alleged "Heisenberg"

CoMoChief 08-15-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7826208)

hmmm i didn't think of that....that's a good way of looking at it all.

love this show.....during this time of year I live for Sundays...NFL during the day, great TV at night...and SNF if it's a good game.

Baby Lee 08-15-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7827090)
last 2 episodes were ****ing epic.

when the guy came out of the car with a shotgun and left whats his face at the drop off scene, that was some intense television....i thought shit was gonna get real. lol

love this show.....also loved walt being tipsy at the end indirectly subconsciously challenging Hank to find the alleged "Heisenberg"

one letter suggests strongly to me [almost to the point that I fear everyone else will say, duh!!!] that the whole thing was set up for Jesse's benefit.

Gus: Naturally, I will reimburse you for damage to your vehicleS.

Reaper16 08-15-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7827261)
one letter suggests strongly to me [almost to the point that I fear everyone else will say, duh!!!] that the whole thing was set up for Jesse's benefit.

duh!!!

Backwards Masking 08-15-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7825842)
Promotional material can be unreliable, so maybe I'm anticipating a transformation that's not actually coming.

I'd bet my bottom dollar it's coming. The whole show was set up from the beginning to turn Walt from a nerdy doormat to the biggest drugdealer in the western half of the US.

Awesome episode, this just keeps getting better and better. And from the preview of the next ep, Jesse's joyride is the first step of him turning into Gus' puppet. My prediction is Gus takes back control of his, at least temporarily. Or least fucks with Walt and Jesses relationship and trust for ahwile.

Zebedee DuBois 08-15-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

duh!

(I didn't want you to be disappointed in your Chiefs Planet experience. People have come to expect a certain level of abusive interaction at the Planet, and we take extreme indifference in delivering just that to our customers)

keg in kc 08-15-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

I thought is was pretty clear (duh) that Gus set up the entire thing. I don't remember what Mike's exact words, but "now the kid's a hero".

I seem to be the only one not completely convinced it was for Jesse's benefit, though. Or rather, not entirely for Jesse's benefit. It think it had something to do with Walt. That is to say, Jesse benefits, clearly, but what Gus' end game seemed to be about was Walt's reaction. He isolated him in the lab, refused to speak to him, and with the "attempted hijack" began to perhaps change the dynamic of the pair when Jesse returns (the whole "I've got two jobs now" thing).

I'm not sure where it's leading, maybe it's to set up (again) Jesse against Walt in some way.

And maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Zebedee DuBois 08-15-2011 06:43 PM

Reaper delivered the superior "duh" naturally. He went the extra exclamation point and that is the type of service that routinely adds that fifth star to his rating.

Zebedee DuBois 08-15-2011 06:46 PM

Keg, it may be that Gus knows that Jesse is the more easily manipulated one, plus he has a lot of experience with Walt's recipe. If Gus is looking to pick one of the two as a long term cook, Jesse may actually (I can't believe I am saying this) come with less drama.