ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

bowener 09-08-2012 09:58 PM

I am probably wrong, but Franklin's arm strength looked like shit. I don't think Mizzou can compete in the SEC with a weak armed QB struggling to get the ball to the numbers or sideline. His passes just seemed to take forever to get out there, and telegraphing a ton of them didn't help as well.

I really hope he gets his strength back, otherwise we are ****ed.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 8889969)
I am probably wrong, but Franklin's arm strength looked like shit. I don't think Mizzou can compete in the SEC with a weak armed QB struggling to get the ball to the numbers or sideline. His passes just seemed to take forever to get out there, and telegraphing a ton of them didn't help as well.

I really hope he gets his strength back, otherwise we are ****ed.

His arm is average at best, and thus he relies on timing. He was off tonight. No way around it.

Great Expectations 09-08-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8889880)
uh

Defense at least looked like it could hang in the SEC until they started getting banged up. Yost should probably pay attention to the best opponent, or Clowney is gonna ****ing destroy Franklin in 2 weeks.

That is the basis of old man football. Wear you down throughout the game and break it open late.

stonedstooge 09-08-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8889974)
His arm is average at best, and thus he relies on timing. He was off tonight. No way around it.

I didn't see the first half, only heard it on the radio. Did Franklin get hit hard in the first half? He looked a little gun shy when I saw the second half on the tube.

qabbaan 09-08-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8889931)
Everything in the first half was underneath, which only allowed Jones to own more. When we went to the middle of the field, even at intermediate depth, things opened up substantially, and the pass rush eased notably.

The entire offense and staff seemed timid to me, which is to be expected to a certain degree.

The juxtaposition of the fake punt/punt decisions is inexcusable. Absolutely ****ing stupid and decisions that defy common sense.

The game was much, much better and closer than the score, though. As others have said, depth and beef are needed on the lines.

Overall, Mizzou will be fine.

They should have run at him, I thought. But what do I know. At the college level you can't stop guys like that, you have to just work around them. He is going to get his.

The fake punt failing had a deflating effect for sure, but they pointed out on the post game that Missouri does convert most of the time on fakes. It's always going to look bad when it doesn't work, but you could also see that the wheels were getting loose at that point in the game and Pinkel had to swing back.

I'm not saying I would have done it, but I can see what he was doing there. Sometimes the bull gets you.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8889989)
I didn't see the first half, only heard it on the radio. Did Franklin get hit hard in the first half? He looked a little gun shy when I saw the second half on the tube.

No, not really. Jones ran free, though. Constant pressure but few notable "hits." It's almost like the staff discovered that Jones was good through the course of the game, which is disconcerting.

Demonpenz 09-08-2012 10:11 PM

Disconcerting should be that your QB can't put his helmet on very well and that they can't seem to snap the ball. Those need to be fixed.

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8889986)
That is the basis of old man football. Wear you down throughout the game and break it open late.

My monocle is popping off right now.

I suppose this could of been worse though. ULM beating Arkansas on the road still blows my mind.

CoMoChief 09-08-2012 10:12 PM

MU's playcalling was notorious the first half. Credit to GA's defense, but Yost's playcalling was not good.

Pinkel's 4th n 11 fake punt was a giant head scratcher as well, and MU seemed to just fall apart after that.

MU may have the worst center in NCAA football. You can find high school guys that snap better than that.

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8890032)
MU may have the worst center in NCAA football.

Dudes gonna be starting Center for the Dallas Cowboys in a couple years.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8889994)
Sometimes the bull gets you.

Indeed. The score isn't reflective of the overall game, and Georgia is pretty damn good.

"It's a process." (Usually a joke, but this time it's true.)

Reaper16 09-08-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8890032)
MU's playcalling was notorious the first half

Eh. Hindsight is 50/50.

Frazod 09-08-2012 10:15 PM

I think Pinkel deserves credit for getting us to the next level. Now we need somebody who can actually coach there.

He should be fitted for a pair of clown shoes after tonight. And that prick Yost needs to be dumped off back at whatever hippy commune they found him in. At least the defense was ready to play.

BryanBusby 09-08-2012 10:16 PM

Lets not have an over-reaction meltdown now.

Trevo_410 09-08-2012 10:16 PM

arizona state next weekend... time to pound some non-conf shit in during our off week... and rest up for USCe