ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

themanwithnoname 05-29-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 8644783)
Nobody is hanging their hope on Brady Quinn. It's an optomistic look just like those that are calling for Ricky Stanzi.

And where do you get Quinn has had "plenty of chances?". He has had 12 starts over two years for a terrible Browns team in his entire career. That's not even close to what I would call plenty of chances.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's exactly the point. He was so bad that he couldn't even win the Browns QB position, which he was specifically drafted to do and his competition wasn't exactly good. Then he couldn't even sniff the field in Denver when his competition was Orton and Tebow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8644950)
Denver offered him a contract. He took less money to come here.

They did? I'm not seeing anything about him taking less money to come to KC, just that he signed here versus allegedly waiting to see what Manning did (and that the Broncos considered him a better backup for Manning than Tebow). After he threw management under the bus over the Tebow thing (and the fact that they went with Tebow over him in the first place), I kinda think he was done in Denver regardless.

BigMeatballDave 05-29-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8645564)
They did? I'm not seeing anything about him taking less money to come to KC, just that he signed here versus allegedly waiting to see what Manning did (and that the Broncos considered him a better backup for Manning than Tebow). After he threw management under the bus over the Tebow thing (and the fact that they went with Tebow over him in the first place), I kinda think he was done in Denver regardless.

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-br...y-quinn-chiefs

The Franchise 05-29-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8645564)
That's exactly the point. He was so bad that he couldn't even win the Browns QB position, which he was specifically drafted to do and his competition wasn't exactly good. Then he couldn't even sniff the field in Denver when his competition was Orton and Tebow.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...4-b3021deca65a

Quote:

Quinn confirmed on Monday that he took less money than the Broncos were offering to sign a one-year free agent deal in Kansas City. This was before Peyton Manning (apparently) made his decision to wear Denver orange next season.

“I felt like the opportunity to come and play for Kansas City was a better situation for me right now,” Quinn explained. “When you look at the Denver situation there were a lot of unknowns. It was a great organization, but I felt that for me personally it was a better opportunity to go to Kansas City.”

The Franchise 05-29-2012 05:07 PM

And it's been stated PLENTY of ****ing times.......his situation in Cleveland was a complete cluster****. His situation in Denver was him sitting behind Jesus Christ.....do you really think that he was going to beat out Tebow?

aturnis 05-29-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644949)
If Quinn was brought here to be our #2, we are run by idiots.

They say Quinn was brought in to provide competition for Cassel(young, former 1st round QB). I think they actually brought him in to give the illusion of competition for Cassel and actually provide competition for Stanzi. Trying to push Stanzi to the next level in hopes he's be ready to take a shot at starting soon.

whoman69 05-29-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8645585)
And it's been stated PLENTY of ****ing times.......his situation in Cleveland was a complete cluster****. His situation in Denver was him sitting behind Jesus Christ.....do you really think that he was going to beat out Tebow?

An interim coach with zero chance of keeping the job chose Tebow. Quinn doesn't win these competitions because he isn't that good. His numbers in Cleveland make it seem like he was the love child between Tebow and Cassel. He lost out on the starting job to Tebow twice. He also lost out on the starting job in Cleveland to Derek Anderson twice.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8645455)
You said he was like the 50th best QB which means he's a backup in this league.

I said he was "maybe" the 50th best.

He makes guys like Sage Rosenfels look good. He's trash.

BigMeatballDave 05-29-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8645804)
An interim coach with zero chance of keeping the job chose Tebow.

Huh?

BoneKrusher 05-29-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8645792)
They say Quinn was brought in to provide competition for Cassel(young, former 1st round QB). I think they actually brought him in to give the illusion of competition for Cassel and actually provide competition for Stanzi. Trying to push Stanzi to the next level in hopes he's be ready to take a shot at starting soon.

i'd say most likely, you're right.
the problem i have is the wasted time givin to Failco last season should have been game experience for Stanzi.

the Chiefs would be better off for it this year and even as a rookie he couldn't have looked any worse than Failco did.
even if he did look terrible, it would be expected from a rookie of his draft stature.

i guess that blame falls on Haley.

whoman69 05-29-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8645926)
Huh?

The Broncos had an interim coach in 2010 after McDaniels was fired. Please keep up.

BigMeatballDave 05-29-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8645940)
The Broncos had an interim coach in 2010 after McDaniels was fired. Please keep up.

Didnt McDaniels/Xander draft Tebow?

Mr_Tomahawk 05-29-2012 08:01 PM

Don't hear this much about a Chiefs QB:

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Brady Quinn had a nice deep ball to Brandon Kinnie on a fly route

BoneKrusher 05-29-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8645970)
Don't hear this much about a Chiefs QB:

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Brady Quinn had a nice deep ball to Brandon Kinnie on a fly route

you got that right, the last couple seasons usually a deep route would be around 15 yards on a good day.

BigMeatballDave 05-29-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8645940)

McDaniels was fired during the 2010 season. Tebow was drafted before the 2010 season.

Sounds like YOU need to keep up. LOL

whoman69 05-30-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8646021)
McDaniels was fired during the 2010 season. Tebow was drafted before the 2010 season.

Sounds like YOU need to keep up. LOL

Who was the coach when Tebow started? The interim. You really need to catch up.