ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Sorter 10-21-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 10110704)
The problem is some people think there's only 1 guy that needs to improve. You can't expect this young offensive scheme to execute perfectly every possession. Although you can see that they are getting it done when they absolutely needed to. If they continue to build on it they should be executing a lot better in the future and that falls on everyone on the offense not just 1 guy.

The offense didn't get it done when it absolutely needed to though.

JENKINSWINS 10-21-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10110720)
The offense didn't get it done when it absolutely needed to though.

Are you saying they didn't get the lead and lost a couple of games, what are you talking about?

tooge 10-21-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10110663)
Alex sucks. The defense is carrying the team right now. They are ****ing pace to break the 85 Bears sack record and are doing shit that hasn't been done since the Raven teams of 7-8 years ago. They're giving up 2.4 points per game in the 4th quarter.

Which Alex stat jumps out at you the most? The 58% comp percentage? The 79 QB rating? The whopping 1 TD pass a game? He's been pathetic. The Alex-Haters won this battle. We just have to hope and pray the team can win a playoff game inspite of Alice and than get someone next year that can actually move the chains and score some points. Enough of this Dilfer shit.

whats his completion percentage if three well thrown balls arent dropped by Bowe and Fasano yesterday? What about the fact that he hit Bowe for a pass that would have iced the game had Bowe not dropped in on a slant route. The receivers aren't getting open very often, when they do, either the O line is a sieve, or the receivers drop the pass. I'll concede that Smith has missed some open guys, but to say that he is the sole reason the offense is sputtering is complete BS.

saphojunkie 10-21-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10110718)
Sorry man. I've seen your post. Being opposite of you on anything is usually the right way to go. CoMo esque if you will.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Nightfyre 10-21-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 10110728)
Are you saying they didn't get the lead and lost a couple of games, what are you talking about?

I believe Sorter's point is that we had one drive that was worth a shit in the second half - and it didn't result in points. This, despite numerous opporunities to put the Texans away.

Sorter 10-21-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 10110728)

I think in most games, it's necessary that the offense scores on the drive Smith missed McBeard (at least 3 to make it 7 to win).

Not putting all the blame on Alex on that series but it'd be nice if we could have turned that into points. Don't disagree with the PC either (I'd have done the exact same thing), just a bit concerned.

Sorter 10-21-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10110740)
I believe Sorter's point is that we had one drive that was worth a shit in the second half - and it didn't result in points. This, despite numerous opporunities to put the Texans away.

Get out of my head! ROFL

JENKINSWINS 10-21-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10110740)

So they lost? I still don't get it. That 97 yard drive was needed to win the game, if it doesn't happen then yes bitch all you want.

Nightfyre 10-21-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 10110750)
So they lost? I still don't get it. That 97 yard drive was needed to win the game, if it doesn't happen then yes bitch all you want.

I bitch all I want either way.

saphojunkie 10-21-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10110755)
I bitch all I want either way.

We noticed.

Bearcat 10-21-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10110689)
What's wrong with wanting this team to improve at the qb position? It doesn't mean we aren't happy with the team as a whole. Great organizations will always make improvements to stay on top. If they didn't, we would still have windows 95 since computers couldn't "get much better".

Don't bother... you either like watching them beat shitty teams or you're a hater. None of this crap about enjoying wins with an eye on the big picture.

I'm still trying to figure out how Keenum was completing passes down field yesterday. If we're supposed to wait several weeks for a vet to start throwing down field, I'd think it would take a rookie most of a season to do the same. 10ypa is at least 10th year stuff.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-21-2013 12:49 PM

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...osthandoff.gif

This was a huge play by Smith on a broken play. Alex will never get any love.

BigCatDaddy 10-21-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10110734)
whats his completion percentage if three well thrown balls arent dropped by Bowe and Fasano yesterday? What about the fact that he hit Bowe for a pass that would have iced the game had Bowe not dropped in on a slant route. The receivers aren't getting open very often, when they do, either the O line is a sieve, or the receivers drop the pass. I'll concede that Smith has missed some open guys, but to say that he is the sole reason the offense is sputtering is complete BS.

No, he's not the sole reason, but look at Rivers in San Diego. He continues to light it up with whatever WR and lineman they plug in from week to week. And hell, people were claiming AS was as good if not better going in. In the end Alex Smith is only as good as his supporting cast. He doesn't make players better, and the Chiefs need to try to keep looking for guys at the QB position that actually make players better.

Nightfyre 10-21-2013 12:52 PM

LMAO really great decision there Alex. Your read-option choice was just made for you. What are you going to do?

BigCatDaddy 10-21-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10110778)
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...osthandoff.gif

This was a huge play by Smith on a broken play. Alex will never get any love.

The best thing about Alice this year has been his ability to make plays with his legs. I'll give him that.