ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243389)

KC_Connection 03-19-2012 01:24 AM

It's hard to imagine KU playing much worse than they did tonight offensively. TRob was abysmal and Tyshawn wasn't anywhere near his normal self. I'm glad EJ showed up, we were fortunate to pull this one out. Style points don't matter in this crazy, crapshoot of a tournament, though...only surviving to the next game.

They got a good draw with NC State next instead of Georgetown. They're a team that doesn't take many threes, but they really crash the boards well.

RealSNR 03-19-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8470820)
It's hard to imagine KU playing much worse than they did tonight offensively. TRob was abysmal and Tyshawn wasn't anywhere near his normal self. I'm glad EJ showed up, we were fortunate to pull this one out. Style points don't matter in this crazy, crapshoot of a tournament, though...only surviving to the next game.

They got a good draw with NC State next instead of Georgetown. They're a team that doesn't take many threes, but they really crash the boards well.

I don't know if that's much better. You can bet your ass they're going to play TRob as hard as Purdue did tonight. Our interior scoring probably won't be much better if we don't fix whatever abortion funk we were in tonight.

Fritz88 03-19-2012 02:03 AM

TRob was double and triple teamed all night and still managed a double double with a very crucial block near the end of regulation.

I thought he was rattled a bit bit I am sure he'll rebound the next game.

Bottom line is, it is a great achievement to have this group of guys perform this well this season.

Anything else is icing in the cake.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection 03-19-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8470826)
I don't know if that's much better. You can bet your ass they're going to play TRob as hard as Purdue did tonight. Our interior scoring probably won't be much better if we don't fix whatever abortion funk we were in tonight.

Any team that relies on a 2 PT offense is a significantly better matchup for KU with their great 2 PT defense. It also limits the possibility of a team getting lucky from behind the arc and beating them (which is the way most upsets in this tourney occur). Withey can also actually play against a team like NC St. which will help them significantly on both offense and defense.

Purdue was really a horrible matchup for KU in just about every way, I mentioned it last Sunday during the draw when I saw that St Marys/Purdue game.

Fritz88 03-19-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8470830)
Any team that relies on a 2 PT offense is a significantly better matchup for KU with their great 2 PT defense. It also limits the possibility of a team getting lucky from behind the arc and beating them (which is the way most upsets in this tourney occur). Withey can also actually play against a team like NC St. which will help them significantly on both offense and defense.

Purdue was a horrible matchup for KU, I mentioned it last Sunday. KU was pretty lucky that Purdue cooled down a bit down the stretch there.

I don't remember ever Self having a team that defended the 3 well.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection 03-19-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8470645)
Finally my boy EJ gets some lovin', my favorite Jayhawk since Julian Wright*

*=loved the entire championship team in 08' no favorites.

It's going to be his team next year. I bet he has a huge year.

KC_Connection 03-19-2012 02:26 AM

Painter did a great job of limiting KU's offense through TRob, but if KU was playing both of their bigs at the same time as they rarely did in this game (and as they'll do vs. NC State), it wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

Titty Meat 03-19-2012 02:28 AM

KU will make the Final 4 the bracket is easy.

KC_Connection 03-19-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 8470492)
I don't know what your issue is with Hummel, but you're being a ****ing tard.

Dude comes back from two ACL tears as a 5th year, 23 year old senior and plays his guts out tonight. Nothing but respect for the guy.

The guy actually showed up in his final college game unlike a certain MU guard with a love for the SEC.

KC_Connection 03-19-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8470836)
KU will make the Final 4 the bracket is easy.

It was easier last year. Anybody can still beat anybody.

KC_Connection 03-19-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8470536)
wrong.

KU guys play with guys their own age.

The body changes a lot in the college ----> NBA years.

Hummel took advantage of the situation. That's why he can just stand in front of someone and shoot over them. It's not because he's better, its because he's older.

Good luck to him in the NBA where he belongs. Not in college.

Why is anybody posting such illogical nonsense? Hummel had every right to play in that game tonight and deserves great respect for even making it back to a level where he could put on a performance like that.

cdirty 03-19-2012 04:11 AM

was withey hurt? he was a no show last nite.

DJay23 03-19-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8470536)
wrong.

KU guys play with guys their own age.

The body changes a lot in the college ----> NBA years.

Hummel took advantage of the situation. That's why he can just stand in front of someone and shoot over them. It's not because he's better, its because he's older.

Good luck to him in the NBA where he belongs. Not in college.

Good to know. I had no idea that at 34 I can kick these guys asses because I'm older and more mature.

Braincase 03-19-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdirty (Post 8470865)
was withey hurt? he was a no show last nite.

Matchups. Defensively we needed to go with a smaller lineup.

cdirty 03-19-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8470885)
Matchups. Defensively we needed to go with a smaller lineup.

well . i think we could have used his presence in the paint last nite.