ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

Lex Luthor 11-23-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9143179)
How many episodes are left in this series?

I think there are 6 left. Considering how horrible this season has turned out to be, I'm glad the end is near. The only reason I keep watching is a morbid curiosity to see how the Fringe crew will finally beat the Observers. I can't believe how bad this show is this year.

jiveturkey 11-24-2012 08:45 AM

I agree with the horrid assessment.

It's hard to believe that they've been building to this after all of this time. Pretty much every other season would have made a better ending.

BlackHelicopters 11-24-2012 09:20 AM

I think Walter will wake up in a mental institution, Peter is visiting, and Astrid,Broyles and blondie are nurses and staff. Walter will say, what a wonderful dream I just had.

Lex Luthor 11-24-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9145668)
I think Walter will wake up in a mental institution, Peter is visiting, and Astrid,Broyles and blondie are nurses and staff. Walter will say, what a wonderful dream I just had.

That would be better than the idiotic plot for this season.

Rausch 11-24-2012 10:15 AM

I'm way lat to this parade but just finished season 1 on Netflix.

I was told it was a grad B "X Files" but I think I'm liking it more so far.

Now I'm wondering: why are Crazy Scientist dad and the son both very similar? Is the son a clone? Is he a "time displaced" version of himself? Was the son experimented on by Crazy Scientist?

So far I love it. And I love knowing I have 6 more seasons ahead of me...

DaneMcCloud 12-11-2012 01:05 AM

Oracle. Super human Peter.

Lana and Andy would be proud?

keg in kc 12-11-2012 01:50 AM

I've had a really hard time getting into this season.

DaneMcCloud 12-11-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9199066)
I've had a really hard time getting into this season.

They've ruined the universe they spent 4 years creating (much like Lost).

The series should have ended when the hole between the two universes was closed and William Bell denied the opportunity to create a new universe.

What's happening now is a money grab to get to 100 episodes, where Season 5 will likely be panned and ignored, while Fox licenses the show for syndication forever.

BigRedChief 12-11-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9200402)

The series should have ended when the hole between the two universes was closed and William Bell denied the opportunity to create a new universe.

What's happening now is a money grab to get to 100 episodes, where Season 5 will likely be panned and ignored, while Fox licenses the show for syndication forever.

yep.:thumb:

jiveturkey 12-12-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9200402)

Double yep.

Fish 12-12-2012 11:34 AM

They've really screwed things up with the way they presented the Observers. The Observers have the ability to manipulate time, and to "Teleport", etc. Yet, they're all keystone cops when trying to track down Peter, Walter, Olivia, etc. in the city? Really? They show them teleporting themselves like 50 feet behind the group who's running away, and it's such a sad failure of logic that it completely turns me off to the show. If the Observers truly had the powers that they've show so far in the series, then there would be no way they could be stopped by those without such abilities.

This show had so much potential, but it's just spinning out of control now with the dumb future timeline BS.

DaneMcCloud 12-12-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9202315)
They've really screwed things up with the way they presented the Observers. The Observers have the ability to manipulate time, and to "Teleport", etc. Yet, they're all keystone cops when trying to track down Peter, Walter, Olivia, etc. in the city? Really? They show them teleporting themselves like 50 feet behind the group who's running away, and it's such a sad failure of logic that it completely turns me off to the show. If the Observers truly had the powers that they've show so far in the series, then there would be no way they could be stopped by those without such abilities.

This show had so much potential, but it's just spinning out of control now with the dumb future timeline BS.

What even dumber than that is that Peter can stick a couple of diodes in his neck and become an Observer, albeit, a Super Observer.

The whole reason for the series and hole or bridge between the two universes, IIRC, is because the Observer, September, wanted to witness a history changing event.

If Observers have no emotion, why would he care about something so mundane?

It's just another J.J. Abrams produced mess.

Baby Lee 01-01-2013 10:20 PM

Finally got around to "Anomaly XB-6783746"

Genuinely teared up at final moments. Great resolution to storyline, summoning us into the final stretch.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9266565)
Finally got around to "Anomaly XB-6783746"

Genuinely teared up at final moments. Great resolution to storyline, summoning us into the final stretch.

I thought it was well executed but predictable. I've expected everything to be "reset" for quite a while.

The only question remaining for me is "when"?

keg in kc 01-13-2013 04:41 PM

I've missed some of this season and haven't liked much of what I've seen, but I have to say I've enjoyed the last two weeks and I'm looking forward to the finale friday.