ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Lzen 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

I think people sometimes do rash things when they are in a poor mental state. Perhaps that was the deal with Belcher. Maybe someday we get the whole story of what was going through his head. Anyway, this vid doesn't make me think of JB as a bad person. Just the opposite, actually.

I don't know whether some people will hate this, but I'm gonna post it anyway.

<object><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/618974567899"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/618974567899" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1"></embed></object>

Canofbier 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9167203)
Bullshit.

You can't possibly know this. For all we know the movement had either a neutral or positive influence on player stress levels. You're desperate to attach the events to SOC and there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that you should.

Nor, I would be willing to bet, will there ever be any.

Calm down. I never even directed the blame for the miscommunication on you; it's evident that I didn't word things sensitively enough given the emotional state of most people in this thread, myself included.

I've been a strong supporter of the SOC movement since its inception (and I still am), and I've promoted it among all of my friends and coworkers (and I still will). I've said more than once that SOC isn't to blame for this event, and this will be the last time I repeat it. I have no interest in stifling the movement as a result of this incident.

I was speculating on the circumstances and motivations of the shooting, and then reflecting on how it made me feel. If it doesn't change your feelings or attitudes towards the team, then great. It did for me. You can either accept that and move on, or continue to insult my intelligence and character; I don't care which. I've taken the opportunity to repeat my thoughts in what is hopefully a clear and moderate fashion, and it will be the last I have to say on the matter.

Messier 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9167287)
we still don't know the details have respect

Is what happened in dispute?

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

Apparently the NFL is telling the Panther players to travel to KC as normal

Lionel 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

How would you be able to pull both of them aside is that something that's normal at practices?

I don't know how I could handle it if I saw someone kill themselves in front of me. I would take it personal.

Rausch 12-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9167267)
Yikes. Someone might want to tell the players this is a bad time to state their love for Belcher.

Some of them weren't there.

They just woke up and heard that their teammate was dead...

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Sure be nice for people to wait for all the facts before they run on with a bunch of emotionally laced diatribes.

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9167281)
Because he murdered someone.

He's also a human being who lost his life. If my friend lost his life, it would shake me the hell up, no matter what he or she may have done. I think it's ridiculous to suggest that a friend and teammate shouldn't be allowed to grieve for Belcher.

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167292)
Rein yourself in, Sparky. No reason to get rude. I was just explaining why your reasoning is flawed.

by using my incorrect words rather than my idea.

would the hunts adopting the child not be a humanitarian act? also provide the best resouces for the child to succeed?

Lumpy 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Damn. :(

I just skimmed the thread and I'm in shock by this. What would possess Belcher to do it?

My heart goes out to the ones affected. Especially those that witnessed the event.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167303)
by using my incorrect words rather than my idea.

would the hunts adopting the child not be a humanitarian act?

just let it go

DrunkBassGuitar 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167283)
The Panthers have been told to fly out as scheduled.

damn. that will be very ****ed up if they have to play. as a fan I've kind of struggled with the players giving up so much of their health for the game. it's so violent, but i still watch. i know that players suffer from a whole host of problems after retirement, but i still watch. but if after something like this, if they still have to play then I don't know. I don't know if I can still be an nfl fan if that happens. it's just too much to ask of the players and the coaches.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Romeo and company will never be the same again after witnessing this.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9167258)
I disagree. If Belcher had instead been arrested and charged with murder, the game would obviously be played.

Maybe Romeo wont be able to work tomorrow, and thats fine, but why should we cancel a game because a murderer decided to off himself?

If someone offed themselves at your workplace in front of a bunch of people would your work still make you come to work the next day?

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167290)
A lot of dumb mother****ers in this thread

Because we don't like murderers?