ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

HolyHat 01-25-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9351590)
Look at what Reid was able to do with guys like Kolb and Vick.

Geno, Wilson and Barkley all are better than Kolb and Vick.

Minus the Barkley name I agree. Kolb and Vick both have strong arms, Barkley does not.

Tribal Warfare 01-25-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9351274)
You forgot rape.

and AIDS

Molitoth 01-25-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9351555)
Drafting a game manager at QB will also have that effect. Don't you agree? Again are you sure we have more than potential game managers in this draft? If you convince me Geno Smith (or any other QB in this year's draft) is more than a potential game manager I'll be not only on his bandwagon but I'll grab the reigns.

Oh jesus.

Geno Smith a Game Manager style QB. :rolleyes:

Geno Smith will Tom Brady/Peyton Manning you with extremely accurate short passes all day until the defense starts to bite, and then he launches it for a 50 yard TD bomb. This happens over and over and over and over at WV.

Game Managers rely on their running game and defense. You are talking 1990 football.

BossChief 01-25-2013 08:59 PM

I'd take Barkley over Kolb or Vick IN A HEARTBEAT.

HolyHat 01-25-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9351621)
I'd take Barkley over Kolb or Vick IN A HEARTBEAT.

That's a tough comparison. The reason I wouldn't take Barkley over those guys is because you essentially would be saying Barkley is your QB of the future. With Kolb or Vick those guys are stop-gap guys.

Nightfyre 01-25-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9351013)
Oh I get it. If Matt Cassel were to make a cameo on Man vs. Wild, he would be Bear Grylls urine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9351052)
wrong thread?

Nope. Cross-thread action in reference to:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9351003)
What's the riskier option? Using the rope to GET OUT of the ****ing hole, or passing on the rope to drink groundwater and urine, waiting for days and prolonging your misery for who knows how long?

Rambozo 01-25-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9351025)
Why would busting on a QB be worse than busting on a OL or LB with the first pick? The money isn't going to be any different.

Learning curve.

You are overthinking this. QBs are given more time to develop than any other position and for good reason. It's the hardest position to transition from college to pro. While you are waiting to find out for 2, 3, 4, or 5 years for your mediocre QB to develop, you are missing out on real ones. By the time you do try again, the players you drafted after him are ready to hit free agency.

You can say we should draft a QB year after year until we get one but, that's not going to happen. it's not realistic to do that over and over in the first round. If you do, your team will get old or leave via free agency and you won't have anything but a QB. You aren't going to be the Colts if you do that. It's not about money. It's about the loss of talent.

You guys can dream all night and day but, reality is very different. I think most Chiefs fans get it. For some reason, there are a lot of people here who don't. Maybe it's the stupid first round QB in Superbowls argument?

If you are a Chiefs fan, you shouldn't even be talking about a superbowl let alone a playoff win. You are like little kids asking for a b-day pony. It ain't going to happen guys. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351661)
Learning curve.

You are overthinking this. QBs are given more time to develop than any other position and for good reason. It's the hardest position to transition from college to pro. While you are waiting to find out for 2, 3, 4, or 5 years for your mediocre QB to develop, you are missing out on real ones. By the time you do try again, the players you drafted after him are ready to hit free agency.

You can say we should draft a QB year after year until we get one but, that's not going to happen. it's not realistic to do that over and over in the first round. If you do, your team will get old or leave via free agency and you won't have anything but a QB. You aren't going to be the Colts if you do that. It's not about money. It's about the loss of talent.

You guys can dream all night and day but, reality is very different. I think most Chiefs fans get it. For some reason, there are a lot of people here who don't. Maybe it's the stupid first round QB in Superbowls argument?

If you are a Chiefs fan, you shouldn't even be talking about a superbowl let alone a playoff win. You are like little kids asking for a b-day pony. It ain't going to happen guys. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

You're absolutely unequivocally wrong.

A #1 overall pick, whether QB, OT, or anything else, is going to be given ample time to succeed, many times too much time.

The standard you apply to the QB is simultaneously laughable and absurd.

RunKC 01-25-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351661)
Learning curve.

Except this roster is chicken salad and not chicken shit.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9351684)
Except this roster is chicken salad and not chicken shit.

ROFL That's why we are picking first instead of 30th.

Also, Think about how long we stuck with Brodie Croyle? How much has Stanzi played? What about Palko? He wasn't even drafted and made it a couple of years.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 09:49 PM

Most Chiefs fans get it.

It's the people who want a QB that don't.

Just when I think you can't say anything more stupid...

"Most" Chiefs fans evidently don't watch football, it's all about the tailgate and BBQ.

REAL teams have REAL fans that understand the value of the QB. That's why they're watching playoff games while we're debating draft picks in October.

RunKC 01-25-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351687)

Also, Think about how long we stuck with Brodie Croyle? How much has Stanzi played?

ROFL

well Knowmo, we have 6 ****ing pro bowlers, 1 that just went in 2010 and another who has been screwed.

The QB's and HC ****ed the team. It happens.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9351687)

Also, Think about how long we stuck with Brodie Croyle? How much has Stanzi played? What about Palko? He wasn't even drafted and made it a couple of years.

Brodie Croyle started ONE SEASON.

You're a moron.

HolyHat 01-25-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9351689)
Most Chiefs fans get it.

It's the people who want a QB that don't.

Just when I think you can't say anything more stupid...

"Most" Chiefs fans evidently don't watch football, it's all about the tailgate and BBQ.

REAL teams have REAL fans that understand the value of the QB. That's why they're watching playoff games while we're debating draft picks in October.

Agreed, we have one the dumbest fan bases in football.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9351690)
well Knowmo, we have 6 ****ing pro bowlers, 1 that just went in 2010 and another who has been screwed.

The QB's and HC ****ed the team. It happens.

:clap::clap::clap:

Lets waste another year or 3 of those Pro bowlers careers by taking a left ****ing tackle,