ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Tribal Warfare 09-15-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 9982950)
deflected

Deflected, I owned up to the Bono comparison

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-15-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9981651)
2-0. You think we go 6-8 to finish? Put your money where your cock sucker is.

Despite whatever prediction, expecting a chiefs fan to bet against the chiefs is pretty ****ing pathetic. You're reaching

Mav 09-16-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9982168)
I am shocked at this take.

Why?

When has Tony Romo ever proven to be consistently clutch?

Alex Smith has proven to at the very least, to always give his team a CHANCE.

That's not something that I have seen from Romo in the past decade.

His chokes are frequent. The bobbled fg attempt, the choke against the jets, the choke against the saints last year, the choke against Washington.

JCharles1981 09-16-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 9445589)

I guess you have officially gone full reerun since Alex Smith has gone 2 regular season games with the Chiefs already with 0 interceptions, and no forced fumbles.

Kaepernick 09-16-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9981801)
Romo is the gunslinger version of Alex Smith. Both can get you wins but won't get the big ones. Same type of quarterback, just different styles of play.

Are you also eligible for a seeing-eye dog?

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-16-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9983124)
Why?

When has Tony Romo ever proven to be consistently clutch?

Alex Smith has proven to at the very least, to always give his team a CHANCE.

That's not something that I have seen from Romo in the past decade.

His chokes are frequent. The bobbled fg attempt, the choke against the jets, the choke against the saints last year, the choke against Washington.

Out of context. That said, I don't want Romo. Never have, never will.

buddha 09-16-2013 08:02 AM

There is so much suck in this thread...246 page of guys wanting to be right more than wanting the Chiefs to win.

Isn't it just easier to admit that Alex is better than you thought he'd be? Nobody claimed he'd be Dan Marino, but he's 2-0.

Wallcrawler 09-16-2013 08:14 AM

The thing I like, no, LOVE about the guy is that he goes through his progressions, stands in the pocket and delivers the ball. Cassel never did that. He would stare guys down and throw it no matter what the coverage was, or instantly throw the checkdown.

I love that Smith is tough enough to take a sack rather than heave up a prayer that gets picked off.

When watching him, you know that if he throws the ball, there's something there. The guy just refuses to force anything. That can be a double edged sword, but there are so many guys out there that cant stay patient and try to force the ball and they turn it over.

So far, the guy's decision making has been on. I thought he was great in that Cowboys game because he was really getting the shit beat out of him for a stretch there. We couldn't block a damn soul.

When this offense finds a way to get Jamaal Charles some damn carries, Alex is just going to be that much more dangerous when he's not being forced to be one dimensional by the playcalling.

loochy 09-16-2013 08:19 AM

Yesterday, while watching the game, I was getting a bit frustrated with the offense as a whole during the 3rd quarter.

Then it just hit me how much better Smith is than Cassel. I mean he's just light years ahead, despite his shortcomings. Sure, he's no Peyton, but we're stuck with him and he's not all that bad.

Cephalic Trauma 09-16-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9983419)
Yesterday, while watching the game, I was getting a bit frustrated with the offense as a whole during the 3rd quarter.

Then it just hit me how much better Smith is than Cassel. I mean he's just light years ahead, despite his shortcomings. Sure, he's no Peyton, but we're stuck with him and he's not all that bad.

So you're saying he's somewhere between Cassel and Peyton... Thanks for pointing that seemingly elusive concept out to me.

:p

Bearcat 09-16-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9983388)
There is so much suck in this thread...246 page of guys wanting to be right more than wanting the Chiefs to win.

Isn't it just easier to admit that Alex is better than you thought he'd be? Nobody claimed he'd be Dan Marino, but he's 2-0.

When he proves he's more than who I think he is, I'll happily admit it. He's better than 2012 Cassel, but Tyler Palko wouldn't have been much worse. Beating a terrible team and a mediocre team doesn't prove he's any better than 2010 Cassel, even though there are obviously improvements when it comes to pocket awareness and avoiding a pass rush.

The whole reason guys like Cassel and Smith get starts is that the NFL is incredibly mediocre. FFS, Tim Tebow has won as many playoff games as Alex Smith... winning 8-10 games per season isn't some huge accomplishment in this league, and if that's what you want out of a quarterback, then you should be thrilled, since that's what you'll get. But, everyone who's a "Smith hater" in this thread is looking beyond the first round of the playoffs.

Even one of his biggest 49ers fans said last night that Smith is probably only around to get the Chiefs back to mediocrity so he can then mentor a franchise QB, which would be great.... and if Smith does it himself, even better.... but, not saying the Chiefs have a real QB who's a huge upgrade from any other retread after 2 wins isn't 'hating', it's simply remembering that the Chiefs have been doing this for four decades with no results.

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 08:30 AM

JFC... such misery.

Halfcan 09-16-2013 08:39 AM

Alex has kicked ass. He plays with a lot of heart and zero turnovers unlike his replacement in San Fran who has nearly as many turnovers as quarters of football.

He lead the team in rushing yesterday and took what the D offered. This thread needs to be put out its misery.

loochy 09-16-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9983450)
So you're saying he's somewhere between Cassel and Peyton... Thanks for pointing that seemingly elusive concept out to me.

:p

Oh quiet you. It just hit me all at once how great it is to not have a suck QB.

Bearcat 09-16-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9983479)
Alex has kicked ass. He plays with a lot of heart and zero turnovers unlike his replacement in San Fran who has nearly as many turnovers as quarters of football.

He lead the team in rushing yesterday and took what the D offered. This thread needs to be put out its misery.

Kaepernick threw for over 400 yards vs the Packers because that's what you have to do when you're playing Aaron Rodgers, and he probably would have needed another 300 last night. Comparing games vs potential NFC championship game participants, against what any QB has to do to beat Jacksonville or Dallas, is kind of ridiculous.

L.A. Chieffan 09-16-2013 09:13 AM

San Fran messed up and got rid of the wrong qb. in your face harbaugh and sf fans hahahahah!

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9983561)
Kaepernick threw for over 400 yards vs the Packers because that's what you have to do when you're playing Aaron Rodgers, and he probably would have needed another 300 last night. Comparing games vs potential NFC championship game participants, against what any QB has to do to beat Jacksonville or Dallas, is kind of ridiculous.

Uhm... like no and stuff. You do not. SF beat GB last season with Alex throwing a brutally efficient 20/26 passes for 211 yards. :doh!:

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9983565)
San Fran messed up and got rid of the wrong qb. in your face harbaugh and sf fans hahahahah!

Too early to be saying all that, now. JFC. :)

Cephalic Trauma 09-16-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9983503)
Oh quiet you. It just hit me all at once how great it is to not have a suck QB.

LMAO

I knew what you meant, but I never pass up the opportunity to be an ass.

9er guy 09-16-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983570)
Uhm... like no and stuff. You do not. SF beat GB last season with Alex throwing a brutally efficient 20/26 passes for 211 yards. :doh!:

Beating A-Rodg is about getting pressure and turnovers.

We've done it all three times we've beat them, regardless of who the QB is.

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9er guy (Post 9983579)
Beating A-Rodg is about getting pressure and turnovers.

We've done it all three times we've beat them, regardless of who the QB is.

Well that is certainly one way to look at it in efforts to deflect appreciation from the offense. Well done! :thumb:

L.A. Chieffan 09-16-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983574)

2-0
1-1

9er guy 09-16-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983588)
Well that is certainly one way to look at it in efforts to deflect appreciation from the offense. Well done! :thumb:

LOL.......ok

Bearcat 09-16-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983570)

Well, I meant he needed to last week, obviously... of course not every victory over Aaron Rodgers has included an opposing QB passing for 400+ yards. You have to be aggressive, throw down field, and take chances when the other team doing the same thing with success, especially when you're running for 2.6 ypc as they did last week. Do you think Alex Smith would have out-gunned Rodgers last week?

bishop_74 09-16-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 9981549)
And throw down the field less, and with less accuracy. And be shitty on third down.

Jesus.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/192...et-dodge-o.gif

Cephalic Trauma 09-16-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983574)

LA Chieffan approaches everything with excessive sarcasm. It's his schtick. It's not really funny to most, but I guess some people like it:shrug:.

l4z4rd 09-16-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Kaepernick threw for over 400 yards vs the Packers because that's what you have to do when you're playing Aaron Rodgers, and he probably would have needed another 300 last night.

you don't need over 400 yards to beat Rodgers and the Packers. Smith beat them in last season's opener with 211 yards.

loochy 09-16-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9983590)
2-0
1-1

OMG put him in the HOF

duncan_idaho 09-16-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9983479)

It's hard for me to swing much praise for lack of TOs when Dallas dropped how many picks yesterday?

Two, including one that would have been housed and given the Cowboys the lead.

Smith has been adequate. Fine. Solid.

"Kicking ass" is an extreme stretch. Maybe compared to Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn/Brody Croyle/Tyler Palko, but not compared to legitimate NFL starting QBs.

Chiefs fans have been watching QBs who ride the short bus for too long. Alex Smith rides on the long bus, but he's the guy sitting at the front of the bus, longingly looking at all the cool kids in the back.

Carlota69 09-16-2013 09:35 AM

Do you any of you A Smith haters in this place realize that its the 2nd game of new offense? New Players, new system, 2 games??? Kapertat has been his is offensive system for going on 3 years now. Alex, 2 games with all new recievers, coaches, etc etc...

While he may never throw for 400 yards, maybe not even 350, lets give the team sometime to get the offense together. **** people, were winning right now and you all want to bitch about the QB, who by the way is directly responsible for one of the TDs (opening drive), therefore has a little something to do with the win. Just a little....

****ing A this place is full of whiny little bitches who think they know more about football then the people who get paid to do football.

L.A. Chieffan 09-16-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9983612)
Do you any of you A Smith haters in this place realize that its the 2nd game of new offense? New Players, new system, 2 games??? Kapertat has been his is offensive system for going on 3 years now. Alex, 2 games with all new recievers, coaches, etc etc...

While he may never throw for 400 yards, maybe not even 350, lets give the team sometime to get the offense together. **** people, were winning right now and you all want to bitch about the QB, who by the way is directly responsible for one of the TDs (opening drive), therefore has a little something to do with the win. Just a little....

****ing A this place is full of whiny little bitches who think they know more about football then the people who get paid to do football.

QFT

All that matters is scoreboard bitches.

harbaugh is a clown! carrol owns that fool

Bearcat 09-16-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9983622)
QFT

All that matters is scoreboard bitches.

harbaugh is a clown! carrol owns that fool

This schtick is starting to grow on me...

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9983598)
LA Chieffan approaches everything with excessive sarcasm. It's his schtick. It's not really funny to most, but I guess some people like it:shrug:.

was unaware of this till now, kthx

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9983612)
Do you any of you A Smith haters in this place realize that its the 2nd game of new offense? New Players, new system, 2 games???

Many of us try to reiterate this, but it's just not sinking in for others.

.... and yes, quite full. :thumb:

redshirt32 09-16-2013 09:46 AM

Defense wins championships!
**** all this my QB's dick is bigger than yours QB's if we only had one cry me a river BS!

can we at least enjoy win 2-0 start without all the dickless whimpers from arm chair QB's from the planet!

carry on

Earthling 09-16-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Kaepernick threw for over 400 yards vs the Packers because that's what you have to do when you're playing Aaron Rodgers, and he probably would have needed another 300 last night.

That would be one way to bear Rodgers but certainly not the only way. One could also make long, sustained, TD drives that eat the clock and keep Rodgers off the field as much as possible.

l4z4rd 09-16-2013 10:02 AM

Under Harbaugh, Smith was 3-0 vs. the Seahawks. 0-2 with 2 blowout losses with Kaepernick.

petegz28 09-16-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Uh, we beat him with Kyle Orton and didn't come close to throwing for 400 yards.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-16-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983454)
JFC... such long-sighted objectivity against my lover Alex. Please make my butt stop hurting. Excedrin?

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9983692)

You so stupid. Projecting your own butt-hurt from Alex bending you over the last two weeks. Me? I am happy as **** right now... and the lil crying bitches like yourself can't change that. :p

L.A. Chieffan 09-16-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 9983685)
Under Harbaugh, Smith was 3-0 vs. the Seahawks. 0-2 with 2 blowout losses with Kaepernick.

HARBAUGH HUBRIS! THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING

Mav 09-16-2013 10:13 AM

Did anyone else see that it was the Eagles who pulled out of a possible trade for Colin Kaepernick during the 2012 draft?

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9983725)
Did anyone else see that it was the Eagles who pulled out of a possible trade for Colin Kaepernick during the 2012 draft?

I have heard this mentioned, but can't say I read any link for it. (or tried to look into it)

Bearcat 09-16-2013 10:16 AM

FFS, was 'you' instead of 'they' really that confusing, to miss the entire freakin' point?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 9983660)
That would be one way to bear Rodgers but certainly not the only way. One could also make long, sustained, TD drives that eat the clock and keep Rodgers off the field as much as possible.

I meant last week, when the 49ers were rushing for 2.5ypc and the Packers were scoring with 8 play/2:00 minute drives. SF actually had a couple of long drives, but it doesn't really matter when the Packers match it in 2 minutes.

The whole point was that Halfcan wanted to compare Smith's 0 turnovers to Kaepernick's 4 or whatever, ignoring all kinds of stuff like who the 49ers and Chiefs have played and how aggressive Kaepernick's had to be against the teams they've played vs how aggressive Smith's had to be.

Of course Kaepernick has made more mistakes... if he doesn't throw for 400+ yards vs the 49ers, they lose. Smith hasn't had to do that, obviously.

Meh, I'm done with it... a decade ago, it was all "at least we're winning!" when people tried pointing out the terrible, terrible defense, and none of it mattered come playoff time. In 2006, people ignored Herm's offense, and in 2010, people ignored the QB situation and the fact the Chiefs hadn't played anyone. If fans are excited to beat shitty teams and win 8-9 wins, good for them... it's been that way for 4 decades, so why expect more from the team you spend so much money and time and emotion on. We shouldn't talk about the big picture, because they're 2-0... we should all be celebrating or something.

Marcellus 09-16-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983727)
I have heard this mentioned, but can't say I read any link for it. (or tried to look into it)

Shefter reported it on countdown yesterday morning.
Found a blog on it. Thsi is almost worthy of its own thread. LMAO Its so far off of what people here have been saying this whole off-season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...had-kaepernick

Imagine if San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick were quarterbacking the Philadelphia Eagles and not the San Francisco 49ers. It nearly happened.

In the weeks leading up to the 2012 draft, the Eagles came close to trading a second-round draft pick to the 49ers for Kaepernick, league sources tell ESPN. The 49ers were open to trading him because Alex Smith just had led them to the NFC Championship Game and they weren't sure what to do with their now-starting quarterback.

One league source maintains that the Eagles backed out of the proposed deal when they decided they would be able to draft Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson, whom they geared their whole draft around, league sources said. But then, just before Philadelphia could draft Wilson, the Seattle Seahawks selected him, leaving the Eagles to take Nick Foles, another quarterback they rated highly, though not nearly as high as Wilson.

So as it turned out, neither Kaepernick nor Wilson wound up in Philadelphia, though each came close in his own way.

And now the two quarterbacks that could have been Eagles square off Sunday night in a game that will help decide the NFC West winner -- all while Chip Kelly, Michael Vick and the much talked-about Eagles prepare to host the Chargers.

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9983732)
If fans are excited to beat shitty teams and win 8-9 wins, good for them... it's been that way for 4 decades, so why expect more from the team you spend so much money and time and emotion on. We shouldn't talk about the big picture, because they're 2-0... we should all be celebrating or something.

You are really trying way too hard to minimize your own QB.... why? so determined to not believe? so determined to distance yourself from potential disappointment that you will cut off your own season enjoyment?

2-0 with lots of new parts... and you say you shouldn't be celebrating? WTF? The offense has had struggles that they shouldn't be having as a new team?

Man... that is some serious hurt from past KC experiences that has made you this cynical and broken. I really hope you can shake it off and stop being so negative... and if you can not? Do you really need to drag everyone else down with you?

tooge 09-16-2013 10:25 AM

Defense wins games. Offense determines by how much. See Seattle.

Mav 09-16-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9983419)

;)
Quote:

:banghead:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9983594)
Well, I meant he needed to last week, obviously... of course not every victory over Aaron Rodgers has included an opposing QB passing for 400+ yards. You have to be aggressive, throw down field, and take chances when the other team doing the same thing with success, especially when you're running for 2.6 ypc as they did last week. Do you think Alex Smith would have out-gunned Rodgers last week?

The 49ers offense would of gained more than 2.6 ypc with Alex Smith at qb......

Granted, the Chiefs running game hasn't taken off yet, but that oline for the 49ers is ahead of where the Chiefs is. Alex Smith wouldn't of needed 400 yards passing. And the Packers would of spent a lot more time on the sideline.

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9983738)
Shefter reported it on countdown yesterday morning.
Found a blog on it. Thsi is almost worthy of its own thread. LMAO Its so far off of what people here have been saying this whole off-season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...had-kaepernick

Imagine if San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick were quarterbacking the Philadelphia Eagles and not the San Francisco 49ers. It nearly happened.

In the weeks leading up to the 2012 draft, the Eagles came close to trading a second-round draft pick to the 49ers for Kaepernick, league sources tell ESPN. The 49ers were open to trading him because Alex Smith just had led them to the NFC Championship Game and they weren't sure what to do with their now-starting quarterback.

One league source maintains that the Eagles backed out of the proposed deal when they decided they would be able to draft Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson, whom they geared their whole draft around, league sources said. But then, just before Philadelphia could draft Wilson, the Seattle Seahawks selected him, leaving the Eagles to take Nick Foles, another quarterback they rated highly, though not nearly as high as Wilson.

So as it turned out, neither Kaepernick nor Wilson wound up in Philadelphia, though each came close in his own way.

And now the two quarterbacks that could have been Eagles square off Sunday night in a game that will help decide the NFC West winner -- all while Chip Kelly, Michael Vick and the much talked-about Eagles prepare to host the Chargers.

wow... that's amazing, if true... thanks for the info. Not even sure what to think of it and all its implications just yet.

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9983760)
;)

Your sig is really offensive, bro. Come on now... :spock:

duncan_idaho 09-16-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Meh, I'm done with it... a decade ago, it was all "at least we're winning!" when people tried pointing out the terrible, terrible defense, and none of it mattered come playoff time. In 2006, people ignored Herm's offense, and in 2010, people ignored the QB situation and the fact the Chiefs hadn't played anyone. If fans are excited to beat shitty teams and win 8-9 wins, good for them... it's been that way for 4 decades, so why expect more from the team you spend so much money and time and emotion on. We shouldn't talk about the big picture, because they're 2-0... we should all be celebrating or something.

This sums it up pretty well for me.

The team has flaws. Some of them are based on Alex Smith, who has shown some significant, limiting flaws in his play in the past, and who so far in a Chiefs uniform has done jack and shit to dispel them.

I still would like to see Smith reverse course and prove he CAN rise above those flaws, as Andy Reid clearly thought he could when he brought Smith in to "win now" (a statement that doesn't represent 'win 7-10 now,' I'm sure).

I'm just not going to blindly hope for it.

Bearcat 09-16-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983756)
You are really trying way too hard to minimize your own QB.... why? so determined to not believe? so determined to distance yourself from potential disappointment that you will cut off your own season enjoyment?

2-0 with lots of new parts... and you say you shouldn't be celebrating? WTF? The offense has had struggles that they shouldn't be having as a new team?

Man... that is some serious hurt from past KC experiences that has made you this cynical and broken. I really hope you can shake it off and stop being so negative... and if you can not? Do you really need to drag everyone else down with you?

Heh, I'm indeed jaded, but I'm really not bogged down with negativity... Smith is who I thought he was. There's no hate, no anti-Smith, but there is anti-retread-mediocre-QB, and that's from 20+ years of watching the Chiefs (well, minus Joe Montana).

I know saying the same stuff over and over makes it seem like I'm desperate to discount anything and everything he does, but I'm really not... I'm just discounting the vibe that after 2 games we can definitely say this is a big upgrade from the last regime (of course, it's a huge upgrade from last year, but that's really not saying much).

Speaking to a new offense, new coaches, etc; is kind of my point... everything I'm saying has 20 years of watching retreads and 8 years of Alex Smith stats backing it up. I'm not saying Smith is just another retread because of the past two games, I'm saying my opinion that was already there hasn't changed after two games... and why should it? He has a new coach, new offense, etc; and they've beaten freakin' Jacksonville and Dallas. Yet, others think it's this huge upgrade.

I'm not the one being swayed by two games... if he proves otherwise (and again, he hasn't really had that chance yet), great; but being sold on him after two games is ludicrous (and yes, not being sold on him solely based on two games is just as ludicrous).

Mav 09-16-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983767)

Okay. Well first you have to understand something. I learned something last night I didn't know about Pete Carroll. Him and I have the same birthday. Sept 15th.

Second, I called that as a gif as soon as it was on tv. Yeah, its a seahawk and I get that, but dude, its ****ing hilarious.....

Mav 09-16-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9983811)
Heh, I'm indeed jaded, but I'm really not bogged down with negativity... Smith is who I thought he was. There's no hate, no anti-Smith, but there is anti-retread-mediocre-QB, and that's from 20+ years of watching the Chiefs (well, minus Joe Montana).

I know saying the same stuff over and over makes it seem like I'm desperate to discount anything and everything he does, but I'm really not... I'm just discounting the vibe that after 2 games we can definitely say this is a big upgrade from the last regime (of course, it's a huge upgrade from last year, but that's really not saying much).

Speaking to a new offense, new coaches, etc; is kind of my point... everything I'm saying has 20 years of watching retreads and 8 years of Alex Smith stats backing it up. I'm not saying Smith is just another retread because of the past two games, I'm saying my opinion that was already there hasn't changed after two games... and why should it? He has a new coach, new offense, etc; and they've beaten freakin' Jacksonville and Dallas. Yet, others think it's this huge upgrade.

I'm not the one being swayed by two games... if he proves otherwise (and again, he hasn't really had that chance yet), great; but being sold on him after two games is ludicrous (and yes, not being sold on him solely based on two games is just as ludicrous).

In fairness. Guys like Mac and I haven't been swayed by two games.

We have been telling you guys that this was going to happen since the moment the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith.

9er guy 09-16-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9983830)

Second, I called that as a gif as soon as it was on tv. Yeah, its a seahawk and I get that, but dude, its ****ing hilarious.....

I find NOTHING hilarious about Pete Carroll laughing at the expense of the 49ers.

We all know it's just a part of your "I was right about Alex Smith" campaign that's basically become your life's work.

It's all good Snoop. We already know what you're MO is.

9er guy 09-16-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9983833)
In fairness. Guys like Mac and I haven't been swayed by two games.

We have been telling you guys that this was going to happen since the moment the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith.

I'm all for Alex doing well. But it's a little early to proclaim yourself a prophet.

Mav 09-16-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9er guy (Post 9983844)
I'm all for Alex doing well. But it's a little early to proclaim yourself a prophet.

See. That is the difference for me and other people.

Other people see Alex's contribution as stats, throwing yards, passing yards, tds.

That has NEVER been my stance. Mine was always about helping the Chiefs WIN games.

The only stat I ever mentioned, was 37 turnovers. Which is what the Chiefs had last year.

Wins, and turnovers. Mac and I, told people that was where the biggest contribution would come from.

So yes, I am allowed to gloat and be a "prophet" in that regard wouldn't you say?

Mav 09-16-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9er guy (Post 9983842)
I find NOTHING hilarious about Pete Carroll laughing at the expense of the 49ers.

We all know it's just a part of your "I was right about Alex Smith" campaign that's basically become your life's work.

It's all good Snoop. We already know what you're MO is.

so wait. Your avatar is funny, but my signature is offensive? Even if they are both poking fun at the 49ers?

9er guy 09-16-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9983860)
See. That is the difference for me and other people.

Other people see Alex's contribution as stats, throwing yards, passing yards, tds.

That has NEVER been my stance. Mine was always about helping the Chiefs WIN games.

The only stat I ever mentioned, was 37 turnovers. Which is what the Chiefs had last year.

Wins, and turnovers. Mac and I, told people that was where the biggest contribution would come from.

So yes, I am allowed to gloat and be a "prophet" in that regard wouldn't you say?

From a chief fan perspective, sure. But I'm not sure you're really making that provocative statement saying Smitty could come in and win more than 2 games.

9er guy 09-16-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9983868)
so wait. Your avatar is funny, but my signature is offensive? Even if they are both poking fun at the 49ers?

I'm not offended. Do you mayne.

Mav 09-16-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9er guy (Post 9983874)
From a chief fan perspective, sure. But I'm not sure you're really making that provocative statement saying Smitty could come in and win more than 2 games.

Good thing then that I nutted up and said 10 huh?

Halfcan 09-16-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9983609)
It's hard for me to swing much praise for lack of TOs when Dallas dropped how many picks yesterday?

Two, including one that would have been housed and given the Cowboys the lead.

Smith has been adequate. Fine. Solid.

"Kicking ass" is an extreme stretch. Maybe compared to Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn/Brody Croyle/Tyler Palko, but not compared to legitimate NFL starting QBs.

Chiefs fans have been watching QBs who ride the short bus for too long. Alex Smith rides on the long bus, but he's the guy sitting at the front of the bus, longingly looking at all the cool kids in the back.

He took the opening drive right down the field-I say that was kicking ass. It won't matter what he does-everyone will still hate him- and I'm done with it. Kape has been a freakin turnover machine-and people say-oh that doesnt count because blah blah blah ect. I bet if Alex had played like him the last two games this place would explode-lol

Mav 09-16-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9983915)
He took the opening drive right down the field-I say that was kicking ass. It won't matter what he does-everyone will still hate him- and I'm done with it. Kape has been a freakin turnover machine-and people say-oh that doesnt count because blah blah blah ect. I bet if Alex had played like him the last two games this place would explode-lol

It was EXPLODING and Alex played well, AND HELPED THE TEAM WIN.....

lol

Halfcan 09-16-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

FFS, was 'you' instead of 'they' really that confusing, to miss the entire freakin' point?

I meant last week, when the 49ers were rushing for 2.5ypc and the Packers were scoring with 8 play/2:00 minute drives. SF actually had a couple of long drives, but it doesn't really matter when the Packers match it in 2 minutes.

The whole point was that Halfcan wanted to compare Smith's 0 turnovers to Kaepernick's 4 or whatever, ignoring all kinds of stuff like who the 49ers and Chiefs have played and how aggressive Kaepernick's had to be against the teams they've played vs how aggressive Smith's had to be.

Of course Kaepernick has made more mistakes... if he doesn't throw for 400+ yards vs the 49ers, they lose. Smith hasn't had to do that, obviously.

It wasn't just the turnovers- it was the leadership. Kape wouldnt be where he is if Alex hadn't helped him. When they started lossing kape pouted. When the chiefs were losing-Alex brought them back against a tough D.

There is no justifying the amount of hate towards the guy and anyone that has liked him. At least for two weeks the haters have had to eat crow- LMAO

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9983926)
There is no justifying the amount of hate towards the guy and anyone that has liked him. At least for two weeks the haters have had to eat crow- LMAO

... and that is why the hate will always be.. and will continue to grow. Alex does this to the people... embarrasses their projections, and make them hate him all the more. That is why some SF fans have scurried over here to bash him. They were made to look humiliated on other forums, and still flail for any semblence of retribution. Bad Alex! Bad! :p

Mav 09-16-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9983926)
It wasn't just the turnovers- it was the leadership. Kape wouldnt be where he is if Alex hadn't helped him. When they started lossing kape pouted. When the chiefs were losing-Alex brought them back against a tough D.

My favorite is always this.

"we won today, but we cant sustain this type of winning with these types of numbers from our qb."

Then, the next week, Alex Smith wins, and its always about next week. Considering that every team loses, multiple times per season, they are bound to be right at least 4 or 5 times.

Bearcat 09-16-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

The "blah blah blah" is everything that doesn't make it a black and white argument. You seriously think you can compare those two quarterbacks after 2 games, considering the differences in the teams they've played, locations they've played in, what was required to win each game, etc?

1-1
2-0

0 turnovers
turnover machine (3 or 4? :shrug: )

Yeah, it's that simple. Nothing else matters when evaluating different QBs on different teams playing other different teams, etc. Why discuss reality when we make shallow comments.... he's just a hater and doesn't even get paid to do football! derp

Bearcat 09-16-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9983961)
My favorite is always this.

"we won today, but we cant sustain this type of winning with these types of numbers from our qb."

Then, the next week, Alex Smith wins, and its always about next week. Considering that every team loses, multiple times per season, they are bound to be right at least 4 or 5 times.

This is exactly the type of non-sense I was talking about.... of course people are going to say those things after 2 games. It's been TWO GAMES! If he proves himself over even just half a season, then people will start to change their opinions. Winning a second game against a mediocre team doesn't make anything anyone said after game one less relevant. 'Sustain' doesn't mean "two".

Pitt Gorilla 09-16-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9983767)

Offensive?!?

duncan_idaho 09-16-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

So one drive is enough for you to say a QB kicks ass? I don't hate him. I would LOVE to be wrong, and for Andy Reid to be right about him. Saying I haven't seen anything to believe that's the case so far is not 'hating' him. It's being cautious and requiring proof rather than blind faith.

And if Kaep had lit up a good defense for 400 yards, 70 percent completions, 3 TDs, and led the Chiefs to a win against an elite NFL team like the Packers, yes, I would explode. From excitement. Hell, I'll explode from excitement if Alex Smith manages to lead KC to a win against a similar team (key term: LEAD. That doesn't mean win a nailbiter with multiple scores set up by the defense).

Kaerpernick looked bad last night, on the road, against what is likely the best defense in the National Football League. KC has not played a defense remotely in that neighborhood, but if it it did, the ultimate outcome is likely nearly the same (completely stagnant offense). There just will be a lot more punts and fewer turnovers.

The Green Bay and Dallas defenses are pretty comparable... how did Kaerpernick do against Green Bay, again?

Bearcat 09-16-2013 12:09 PM

The Eagles game will be interesting... on one hand, they have the worst pass defense through two games (oh noes, a built in excuse!!), but OTOH, they've put up 30 points in each game. Only them and the Chargers are averaging 30 points for and 30 against through two games, and with a short week against a the former coach, I don't expect their defense to improve much.

It will by no means give any definitive answers any more than any other single game, but it'll go a long way in showing what the Chiefs' defense is really made of... not just if Smith can match scoring drives, but how often he'll have to do it.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-16-2013 12:21 PM

The dropped picks argument is dumb as ****...just sayin

duncan_idaho 09-16-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9984095)

Just saying... let's not go overboard praising his ball security when he's fortunate to still be pristine in that sense.

Mav 09-16-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9984095)

Alex Smith doesn't take chances he only makes safe throws lol..

he does take chances, he just prefers the smarter throws.

I even say Clay point out that Alex Smith threw to a wide open McCluster because of a busted coverage.

I thought that was the IDEA. Throw to the open guy.

Mav 09-16-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9984001)
This is exactly the type of non-sense I was talking about.... of course people are going to say those things after 2 games. It's been TWO GAMES! If he proves himself over even just half a season, then people will start to change their opinions. Winning a second game against a mediocre team doesn't make anything anyone said after game one less relevant. 'Sustain' doesn't mean "two".

Two games? Try the past 3 seasons. This is exactly how Alex Smith has been winning games since 2011.

Marcellus 09-16-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9984129)
Just saying... let's not go overboard praising his ball security when he's fortunate to still be pristine in that sense.

He doesn't throw it the other team as much as most, all QB's get away with shit.

Romo got away with a bullshit holding call on a horrible throw that was a pick.

But I guess Alex must be perfect or else he doesn't live up to the CP standard.

Speaking of perfect how about that 100% Redzone efficiency.

Mav 09-16-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9984166)
He doesn't throw it the other team as much as most, all QB's get away with shit.

how about the fact that I owned that turd so bad he decided to ignore me?

duncan_idaho 09-16-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Agreed. That is his biggest strength as a QB.

Quote:

Yes, that's true.

Quote:

Perfect? No. Robot QBs do not exist.

One can be skeptical about Alex Smith's performance and upside in KC without taking it to Clay-like levels of extreme.

I've never really said Alex Smith was terrible. Or not worthy of starting in the NFL. Only that he is more middle of the pack than anything else, and that isn't good enough to get KC where we all want to go (legitimate contention, playoff wins, the Super Bowl, etc.) long-term.

Obviously, Andy Reid saw something in Alex. I want to see it, too. I want to see it realized and brought out. It just hasn't been so far.

He's been fine. Adequate. I'll believe that level of QB performance can win with this team in the playoffs when I see it. I'll believe Alex Smith can consistently raise above that level of performance when I see it.

Quote:

It's definitely nice to have a legit NFL QB and one that doesn't shit his pants in the red zone.

I just think it fails the smell test to use Alex Smith's ball protection skills as such a huge strength and foundation for comparisons between Alex Smith and other QBs ... the day after he threw two passes into the hands of defenders. At least to a certain degree.

Bearcat 09-16-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9984161)
Two games? Try the past 3 seasons. This is exactly how Alex Smith has been winning games since 2011.

I've seen several of your posts that show you aren't over-estimating Alex Smith... game manager, isn't the guy who will win you 13+ games and SBs, etc... but, it's just odd that you also want to gloat and say "I told you so" after these types of wins. I know the title of this thread is "did, does, and will always suck," but that's typical gochiefs hyperbole.

Regarding this statement...
Quote:

...if you think the Chiefs can reach 9 or 10 wins with this kind of offensive output, I don't really see how you're proving anyone wrong or owning anyone. I think most Chiefs fans would say that's reasonable for Alex Smith. The "haters" aren't saying this is completely unexpected by any means. Like I've said, even Tim Tebow has won a playoff game, so yes, Alex Smith is good enough to beat Jax and Dallas, too.

If you think that kind of offense will work deep into the playoffs, and it happens, then you'll have a big reason to gloat. Saying "I told you he could beat Jacksonville and Dallas by being efficient!" doesn't make sense to me, unless people in the offseason were saying that.... me, jsp, duncan, etc; haven't ever said he couldn't do that.

Quote:

:facepalm:

Mav 09-16-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9984231)
I've seen several of your posts that show you aren't over-estimating Alex Smith... game manager, isn't the guy who will win you 13+ games and SBs, etc... but, it's just odd that you also want to gloat and say "I told you so" after these types of wins. I know the title of this thread is "did, does, and will always suck," but that's typical gochiefs hyperbole.

Regarding this statement...

...if you think the Chiefs can reach 9 or 10 wins with this kind of offensive output, I don't really see how you're proving anyone wrong or owning anyone. I think most Chiefs fans would say that's reasonable for Alex Smith.

If you think that kind of offense will work deep into the playoffs, and it happens, then you'll have a big reason to gloat. Saying "I told you he could beat Jacksonville and Dallas by being efficient!" doesn't make sense to me, unless people in the offseason were saying that.... me, jsp, duncan, etc; haven't ever said he couldn't do that.

:facepalm:

Isnt the object to win games?

I have never been as you said overly confident in Alex Smiths ability to put up tons of yards, I also realize that typically his teams don't score the most points in the league. And in a pass first league, it defies logic. I understand it. But, there were people here who said that him with Andy Reid away from the SF Run game Defense, and Coach Harbaugh that it wouldn't work.

I don't even understand how its working.

I thought the defense would be better just for the fact that it was pretty talented on paper, and that the offense not turning the ball over all the time would help.

I thought that Charles would be more effective, but in reality, there has been no running game, and the offense has been able to score enough, combined with timely defensive turnovers and stops to keep winning.

Im not gloating. It just is what it is. Some how, some way, Alex Smith has made a habit the past three years of doing just enough to win.

Is he going to lose? Sure, if the Chiefs fall behind big, I don't know how they will get back into it.

I know that Alex Smith isn't elite. The guys just keeps winning though. Its weird.......