ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Shooting at TDKR Midnight Premiere in Aurora, CO. Multiple dead. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261598)

Deberg_1990 07-24-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8763847)
I don't feel like insanity should be a defense in some cases.

My thinking has always been "ok, you're insane. So what? Your insanity has caused you to be a crazed killer. This is more reason to remove you from society, to end you in states that allow it, not less reason."

My thoughts exactly.

BWillie 07-24-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8763847)
I don't feel like insanity should be a defense in some cases.

My thinking has always been "ok, you're insane. So what? Your insanity has caused you to be a crazed killer. This is more reason to remove you from society, to end you in states that allow it, not less reason."

+1

bevischief 07-24-2012 11:42 AM

Also add he was on unemployment as well...

Dayze 07-24-2012 11:45 AM

I wonder if he'll be treated similarly to that of a sex offender? I mean, I know there are murderers in prison, but it seems like (as screwed up as it sounds) there is some sort of 'code' in there.

probably not....but I hope they torment him for all his remaining days.

bevischief 07-24-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8763889)
I wonder if he'll be treated similarly to that of a sex offender? I mean, I know there are murderers in prison, but it seems like (as screwed up as it sounds) there is some sort of 'code' in there.

Don't mess with women or kids they don't like that behind bars. Everything else is a free for all.

The Franchise 07-24-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Protective Custody. He'll be in solitary for his entire sentence.

vailpass 07-24-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Dahmer didn't last long in general pop IIRC. Maybe it was the eating people thing?

ToxSocks 07-24-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8763898)

Yup. There will be no "prison yard justice"

vailpass 07-24-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8763898)

Which hopefully lasts just long enough for the lethal injections to do their job.

Dayze 07-24-2012 11:53 AM

the thing that irritates me about most media reports are they're completely Full of poop.
like that latest article is basically saying "he's either crazy, or he's not".

thanks Quincy.

mikey23545 07-24-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8763832)

Apparently there are two tests that can be used, the Model Penal Code test which is a modernized test and the M'Naghten test which is used by Common Law jurisdicitons. Which test is used depends on the state. Wonder which Colorado uses?

I think a more suitable test to be used in this case would be the old Salem witchcraft trials test:

"During the sink or swim test, the suspect would be curled up in a non-breathable position with rocks tied to their ankles. If the victim sunk, it would obviously die, and the midwives would know it was not a witch, yet if the victim floated, there would be a trial held."

vailpass 07-24-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8764056)
I think a more suitable test to be used in this case would be the old Salem witchcraft trials test:

"During the sink or swim test, the suspect would be curled up in a non-breathable position with rocks tied to their ankles. If the victim sunk, it would obviously die, and the midwives would know it was not a witch, yet if the victim floated, there would be a trial held."

:D BUILD A BRIDGE OUT OF HER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dayze 07-24-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8764064)
:D BUILD A BRIDGE OUT OF HER!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah, can you not also build a bridge out of stone?

vailpass 07-24-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8764067)
ah, can you not also build a bridge out of stone?

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

Dayze 07-24-2012 12:48 PM

she turned me into a gnewt.............I got better.