ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Sofa King 05-15-2012 12:50 PM

OK. New topic. What classes did you guys roll out with?

I went with a Wizard. She's dominating right now. Most things are 1 shot.

Imon Yourside 05-15-2012 12:51 PM

Wizard in act 2, kinda rough and not one shotting everything. Act 1 was easy, Act 2 i get surrounded way too much.

I'm level 18 and wearing 6 rare items.

Sofa King 05-15-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8617008)
Wizard in act 2, kinda rough and not one shotting everything. Act 1 was easy, Act 2 i get surrounded way too much.

Try running. Amazing how good of a strategy moving around a little is.

Silock 05-15-2012 12:53 PM

I've got a demon hunter. Level 8 I think. I want to try out a few of the other classes before I really commit, though.

Imon Yourside 05-15-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8617010)
Try running. Amazing how good of a strategy moving around a little is.

Oh i run plenty, fortunately i played from lvl 1 with a monk until our break...which is a breakup thanks to the servers crapping out.

Gravedigger 05-15-2012 12:57 PM

[rant]

The thing that ticks me off the most is that they force you to sign in, the fact that you can't even enjoy a single player game anymore is ridiculous. I don't mind logging in for multiplayer and pvp, but Blizzard doesn't care. People say they hate EA/Activision, I can deal with them, Blizzard is the company I hate the most about this crap.

It happened in Vanilla WoW and it continues to this day. I understand that there are TONS of fans trying to play the game right now, but not getting your product ready for a game you knew was going to be one of the top selling games of all time right off the bat, just shows a cheap manner from a company that still gets $15 a month from 10 million people.

This is kind of why I left WoW, when the team changed after BC going into WotLK, you could tell the obvious decline in everything. Are you telling me you can't hire on better people? That we as fans just have to deal with your shortcomings and say "Oh well... they're Blizzard."? The thing that sucks is they can, and we do.

[/rant]

Gravedigger 05-15-2012 12:59 PM

I went with Wizard as well. I'm not 1 shotting things by any means, I did when I was Lvl 3 but now that I'm lvl 8 it takes a few arcane orbs and some other stuff to take down the fatties and alot of kiting for the bosses. Maybe you guys have something figured out that I'm just blindly overlooking.

Imon Yourside 05-15-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8617029)
I went with Wizard as well. I'm not 1 shotting things by any means, I did when I was Lvl 3 but now that I'm lvl 8 it takes a few arcane orbs and some other stuff to take down the fatties and alot of kiting for the bosses. Maybe you guys have something figured out that I'm just blindly overlooking.

Nah it was never that easy for me either, however i just found a rare item with 30 intelligence on it before taking my break. So hopefully i can start one shotting things after work tonight.

Sofa King 05-15-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8617029)

Nah, you're just a lower lvl right now. Give it some time and find a nice weapon and you'll do the same. Also helps when you can start using more runes.

Imon Yourside 05-15-2012 01:02 PM

Oh and someone let laz know our battle tags whenever he logs on...again mine is Slayfarer1450

suds79 05-15-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8617023)
The thing that ticks me off the most is that they force you to sign in, the fact that you can't even enjoy a single player game anymore is ridiculous. I don't mind logging in for multiplayer and pvp, but Blizzard doesn't care.

Isn't this to protect themselves from hackers? isn't that how they get around that?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if anybody we should be mad at, it's the hackers for making this standard practice.

Ruining it for everybody.

hometeam 05-15-2012 01:11 PM

I have a partner on LAN with me, so I have some help as I speed through this thing. Niether of us played the beta so we are just winging it.

Sofa King 05-15-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8617038)
Isn't this to protect themselves from hackers? isn't that how they get around that?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if anybody we should be mad at, it's the hackers for making this standard practice.

Ruining it for everybody.

I believe they avoided single player because they wanted to eliminate dupes. Most dupes came from single player and were adapted to online.

drunkie 05-15-2012 01:20 PM

pirates an hackers is just the easy excuse companys use. easier to blame others then admit it was there failures that allowed these things in the first place

sofa what level are you? i am 25 i should been higher but i screwed around and rushed maly for a while. i been doing all my really leveling solo which prolly slowing me down alot .

Imon Yourside 05-15-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8617059)
pirates an hackers is just the easy excuse companys use. easier to blame others then admit it was there failures that allowed these things in the first place

sofa what level are you? i am 25 i should been higher but i screwed around and rushed maly for a while. i been doing all my really leveling solo which prolly slowing me down alot .

probably getting error 317002 like the rest of us. Blizzard uses Hackers as a convenient excuse just like the gaming industry told us digital copies would be cheaper.