ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Archie Bunker 12-23-2007 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles
I've recently bought CH2K8. It's my game of choice for now.

Everyone else?

Getting it for Christmas. Cant wait I was addicted to last years game.

Ceej 12-23-2007 04:16 AM

It will take just a little bit of getting used to.

The first couple of games I played I thought the gameplay was slow and somewhat choppy. Now, I love the game. :)

JBucc 12-23-2007 10:22 AM

I was gonna get Mass Effect for Christmas but I broke down and already got it. So now I'm thinking Orange Box.

Bowser 12-23-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
So now I'm thinking Orange Box.

Yes, do this thing. You will lead a fuller life because of it.

I assume you have played Half Life 2? I've finsihed it three times, but I think I may go back and play it on the Orange Box to see how many achievemnets I can unlock.

Bowser 12-23-2007 11:21 AM

Anybody played Jericho? I gave myself an early X-Mas present in the form of an impulse buy. Reviews?

Eleazar 12-23-2007 11:30 AM

Psi, if you happen to see this, I'm not on XBL anymore, obviously... heh

QuikSsurfer 12-23-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Anybody played Jericho? I gave myself an early X-Mas present in the form of an impulse buy. Reviews?

I made the same mistake - I figured that if it had Clive Barker on it, it had to be good. The game it terrible. Some of the monsters and bosses are designed well but the gameplay is god awful. Hopefully you haven't opened it yet... that way you can return it.

Bowser 12-23-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
I made the same mistake - I figured that if it had Clive Barker on it, it had to be good. The game it terrible. Some of the monsters and bosses are designed well but the gameplay is god awful. Hopefully you haven't opened it yet... that way you can return it.

Wow, that bad? Anything you can compare it to?

Ultra Peanut 12-23-2007 02:10 PM

I actually just started playing Jericho on Gametap, and it's... decent. I wouldn't call it great, by any stretch, and maybe the fact that I'm essentially playing it for free* makes it more enjoyable, but I definitely wouldn't call it awful, either. More of a rental, if I had to put a price on it, but it's no Daikatana.

* Using the awesome MyCokeRewards deal, you can get a month of Gametap for nothing more than the cost of dealing with your unhealthy addiction to soft drinks. Even for the $60/year price it's a great service, but free? Yes, please.

Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil, TOCA 3!!!!, Prince of Persia (both SoT and Angstalot), Sam & Max episodes, the Hitman series, Deus Ex... Gametap's pretty nice. I like the "hey, I'll give it a shot" option it provides for mid-level titles like Jericho and Just Cause.

Bowser 12-23-2007 03:30 PM

Eh, I'll give Jericho a shot. I'm a sucker for FPS games.

Besides, there is no way it is worse than Earth Defense Force 2017.

Demonpenz 12-23-2007 04:36 PM

I can't wait till the ups game comes out.
I am making my calves so white it is going to blind some peoples eyes! New for the 99' version special break package feature

QuikSsurfer 12-23-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Wow, that bad? Anything you can compare it to?

Imagine nightmare creatures 2 as a FPS.

If you wanted a good survival horror FPS type game, maybe FEAR or Condemned. I really liked Condemned.

Demonpenz 12-23-2007 04:46 PM

you nerds need to get outside more.
This is how behind/cheap I am. I am still playing nhl 2k5 somethings piss me off about hockey games. Why is it that sometimes the AI has to cheese and let my goalie let in softies.

Bowser 12-23-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
I can't wait till the ups game comes out.
I am making my calves so white it is going to blind some peoples eyes! New for the 99' version special break package feature

I've played that game! No, I've LIVED that game!

KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Demonpenz 12-23-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

I've played that game! No, I've LIVED that game!

KING OF THE WORLD!!!

FPP are my favorite games. I almost beat the game last week but ran out of bubble wrap