ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rumor: Chiefs are signing Hollywood Brown (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352725)

smithandrew051 03-14-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 17442506)
6-2, eats in the middle of the field, knows how to find the soft spot in zone coverage...

Wouldn't be mad at at.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kwClJFmfq-k?si=YEaappVhpvtmCiDF" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like how the first highlight is a 3rd and 7 catch for 5 yards. Almost lol

O.city 03-14-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 17442515)
Experience.

We have a hole or two that isn't going to be filled by a rookie until at least mid-season, if Rice's usage taught us anything. And that's if we get someone in the draft like Rash that Andy will eventually trust.

Honestly, the feeling on all of these guys at this point comes down to the $$$.

They're just gonna have to play and trust young guys. With the cost these guys are coming at...they can't pay it.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-14-2024 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 17442520)
Please show me his tweet? I went on his Twitter feed and couldn’t find it. All I saw was him saying sorry to Jag fans for leading them on. Still waiting on Josh Reynolds to lions like he called 3 days ago lol

You aren't looking very hard. He posted about Ridley like three times in the hour or two leading up to the deal being announced.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-14-2024 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17442525)
You aren't looking very hard. He posted about Ridley like three times in the hour or two leading up to the deal being announced.

It’s not on his feed

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2024 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17442524)
They're just gonna have to play and trust young guys. With the cost these guys are coming at...they can't pay it.

I agree, but that's not how Andy operates. I wish he would get guys out there immediately.

Dunerdr 03-14-2024 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17442434)
if you add a Hollywood really you only need a better version of skyy as a reliable target. If you add a Boyd type WR instead of Hollywood, we may just need a better version of Mvs. I think we’ll add one decent option and then go value on the next. Rashee and kelce will eat targets, but I think we’d gladly spread a few of those targets versus the volume and attention we gave them in the playoffs.

But even with rashee and kelce, I think we need to add consistency and athleticism. Not one or the other. And most realistically we’ll need 2 guys to do that.

The argument I would make is Brown can be more than just a deep threat where as if you go get a Tyler Boyd, he's just a Tyler Boyd. Andy it Pigeon holes you in the draft or forces you to bring back hardman or MVS.

Sassy Squatch 03-14-2024 08:30 AM

LMAO Seriously. Before he got injured in 2022 there were a couple of games where his snap count almost fell to the same level as Skyy ****ing Moore

O.city 03-14-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 17442529)
I agree, but that's not how Andy operates. I wish he would get guys out there immediately.

I agree, but he seems to know what he's doing.

staylor26 03-14-2024 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 17442528)
It’s not on his feed

Didn't he delete his Twitter and create another one?

Whether you see it or not, it 100% happened.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-14-2024 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 17442529)

That's more myth than it used to be at this point.

There's only 4-5 really good WRs drafted by Andy's teams since 2008, and they've all produced at a high level as rookies.

Marcellus 03-14-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17442511)
And he's missed 16 in the last 2 seasons.

2 injuries in his 5 year career. One of them a pretty freak groin deal then a ligament injury to his thumb.

He isn't injury prone no matter how many times you claim it. And to compare him to Toney proves how ridiculous you are being.

Hardman has his warts, being injury prone ain't one of them.

O.city 03-14-2024 08:33 AM

They cut MVS, they don't want someone who's just a deep threat decoy.

If they sign Brown, they're gonna use him alot.

Marcellus 03-14-2024 08:34 AM

I guess since Mooney signed with another team Sassy's new whipping boy is Hardman who he will spend 50 posts on today for no reason.

mr. tegu 03-14-2024 08:35 AM

Count me as not a huge fan of Boyd. I’d go with Williams as our yearly WR flyer but does anyone know what he might command in salary? He could help with our red zone woes. Mahomes actually doesn’t shy away from 50/50 balls into the end zone nearly as much as other parts of the field (which I’m fine with him generally avoiding those).

DJ's left nut 03-14-2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 17442506)
6-2, eats in the middle of the field, knows how to find the soft spot in zone coverage...

Wouldn't be mad at at.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kwClJFmfq-k?si=YEaappVhpvtmCiDF" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Market seems to be developing for him a bit and I really don't want to have to outbid guys for someone who's just...there.

Boyd doesn't have a standout skill at this point in his career. I'd rather just see if I can get Hunter Renfrow cheaper and I'm no huge Renfrow fan.