ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251389)

memyselfI 10-18-2011 06:12 PM

Two words come to mind. Kerry Collins.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-18-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8005010)

CincyPalmerStalker2011?

crazycoffey 10-18-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPwnFools (Post 8004535)
Watch Carson Palmer throw 3 TD passes this week against Brandon Flower's slow and overrated ass.

Watch DHB get DEEP on those two white safeties you guys have starting for you:p

Watch Darren McFadden fist-**** your defense.

Its going to be so sweet reading this joke of a message board after the Raiders curb stomp the Chiefs.

SO SWEET!

is this a goatboy mult?

Ugly Duck 10-18-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 8004957)
a 31 year old QB in a bad situation comes with a fresh start and the QB position is upgraded.

No - I'm not saying Palmer is Plunkett. Just saying that its not completely out of the question for a QB to go to another team & succeed. Both Palmer & Plunket won the Heisman, were picked #1 overall, were "washed up" & went to Oakland at age 31.

kstater 10-18-2011 06:24 PM

2 firsts and cap hell for a QB who hasn't been good for 5 years and, at best, could be in the league for 5 years.

NJChiefsFan 10-18-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderJave (Post 8004987)
And yes. We were elated to have won the games we did. We understood we were not a playoff football team, so coming off 79 losses in the last 10 years, sweeping the division WAS our Superbowl. It defies belief that a Chief fan is going to talk smack about our team after losing to us both at home, AND on the road, then going "one and done" in the playoffs. WTF do you have to talk smack about?

I can't disagree with any of your recent posts on this subject. I do have to wonder if its realistic this trade works out. As far as I see it, giving up a 1st and 2nd rounder for a 31 yr old QB who hasn't looked good in 4 to 6ish years, the only way this trade is a win for the Raiders is an actual SB victory.

If the Chiefs were to get rid of Cassel this season and put a decent potential at QB in his place, i could see the Cassel trade as a push since this team went from shit to decent, even if it was just from him beating bad teams. Thats because they gave up a 2nd and just cash for a horrible contract. To me calling it a push is boderline homer.

With that, having this trade be a 2nd plus a 1st, along with his contract that will equal Cassel in per year, especially if he re-works it in his favover, I don't think this trade can ever be considered good unless you win the SB. With my view of Carson the past few years with this Raiders roster, I don't see how a SB is realistic.

If you want to say I am going to wait and see thats fine. I just would like to know if any Raider fan thinks this trade can be viewed as a win if they don't win the SB.

RNR 10-18-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8005021)
No - I'm not saying Palmer is Plunkett. Just saying that its not completely out of the question for a QB to go to another team & succeed. Both Palmer & Plunket won the Heisman, were picked #1 overall, were "washed up" & went to Oakland at age 31.

That was not lost on me, and one of the reasons I kept telling my son I wanted this trade. I recall when Dan Pastorini went down with a serious injury and the Raiders marched out Plunkett, I was not optimistic about our chances. In fact I was still a little bent over Stabler being dealt to the Oilers to begin with. Well it worked out nicely and I became a big fan of Plunkett.

One of the coolest times I ever had was hanging out with him and tossing back some cold ones. We talked about everything except football. He drinks Miller Lite and at the time those commercials were using ex football stars. I told him he should be doing them also. He laughed and said he would love to but had not received a call. I told him he would not be paying for any while we sat together and he didn't. A very cool night. I sent my son a text tonight saying Palmer could be his Plunkett~

Coogs 10-18-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 8005068)
I told him he would not be paying for any while we sat together and he didn't. A very cool night. I sent my son a text tonight saying Palmer could be his Plunkett~

So you are saying Palmer could be sponging free Miller Lites off of your son?

Frazod 10-18-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8005076)

LMAO

RNR 10-18-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8005076)

I am sure my son would have no problem picking up the tab if he hung out with him. I pick up the tab often when out with friends and had no problem doing it after hanging out with Plunkett. I guess beer must cost more where you live~

RNR 10-18-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8005010)

Considering your politics and your bandwagon bullshit, two words come to my mind "shut up"

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8005021)

Yeah, Al didn't give two picks to get Plunkett.

And, there was no salary cap, and the cost of doing business was less than half of what it is right now.

So, different times...

And, Plunkett was released and brought in off the scrap heap as a backup.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-18-2011 07:32 PM

I keep thinking that something will happen and the deal will fall through. I just cannot believe that the Raiders did this.

Peter King said this is, by far and away, the best trade Mike Brown has ever made.

Obviously, Mike Brown hasn't had a ton of great trades.... but it has been a long time since a team was raped as badly as the Raiders were.

Teams have given up just as much for a player, but those players weren't retired and coming off a 10 month vacation. And, most of those players had made the probowl or maybe won a playoff game.

Just amazing. I keep thinking this is like that threesome I had with Beyonce and Selma..... and at some point I will realize it was all a dream.

Ugly Duck 10-18-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8005026)
2 firsts and cap hell for a QB

What cap Hell? Palmer restructured - we pay him 3 mil for the year. Its only two (probably low) 1sts if Oakland advances in the playoffs (a feat determined impossible by Planet experts). Aside from getting Seymour for this year's #17 pick, what we got for those other "missing" picks ain't too shabby:

Oakland Raiders 2012 draft picks:

1st round (to Cincy): QB Carson Palmer

2nd round (to NE): OT Joe Barksdale and RB Taiwan Jones

3rd round (Supplemental): QB Terrell Pryor

4th round (to Wash): QB Jason Campbell

5th round: Still own pick

6th round: Still own pick

7th round (to Seattle): OLB Aaron Curry

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005148)
Teams have given up just as much for a player, but most of those players had made the probowl

I think you missed it.... dude has multiple ProBowls & ProBowl MVP award

SPchief 10-18-2011 07:35 PM

Sweet, so in next years draft where rookie slotting is in place, you guys have 2 late round draft picks. Gonna be an exciting draft for the raiders