ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

buddha 02-06-2012 11:04 AM

Far too much has been made of the TRob charge. As others have pointed out, it didn't really matter to the outcome of the game. Thompson fell apart at the end and MU capitalized. Ballgame.

The return trip to Lawrence will be a classic I'm sure.

These games are what make college hoops great. Savor them while we still can.

stonedstooge 02-06-2012 11:22 AM

Tough game on the road again tonight. Hope the Tigers can respond after that game Saturday night

Imon Yourside 02-06-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 8353134)
Far too much has been made of the TRob charge. As others have pointed out, it didn't really matter to the outcome of the game. Thompson fell apart at the end and MU capitalized. Ballgame.

The return trip to Lawrence will be a classic I'm sure.

These games are what make college hoops great. Savor them while we still can.

Thompson?

Saul Good 02-06-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8353180)
Thompson?

He's right. Thompson didn't do shit down the stretch. Really, he was invisible all night.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8353199)
He's right. Thompson didn't do shit down the stretch. Really, he was invisible all night.

I'll concede that.

Saul Good 02-06-2012 11:34 AM

He still got called for 2 charges, though.

Bearcat 02-06-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8353071)
So we get shipped to California as a reward for being a 1 seed? Sounds right.

Ohio State's bad loss isn't as bad as Mizzou's, and OSU has played 6 games vs top 25 teams (4-2) while MU has played 3 (2-1)... and in that bracket, the 2 is also getting shipped out west while Baylor goes east, and the 3 is UNLV, so they aren't exactly screwed in that situation.

Bearcat 02-06-2012 11:46 AM

And speaking of Ohio State, is it illegal in the Big 10 to move when you don't have the ball? I gave up on OSU/Wisconsin after watching about 5 minutes late in the 2nd half. One guy dribbles around the 3pt line, stops, passes. That guy dribbles a few steps, stops, passes. Everyone else just stands there until they get the ball or someone shoots.

Saul Good 02-06-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8353219)
Ohio State's bad loss isn't as bad as Mizzou's, and OSU has played 6 games vs top 25 teams (4-2) while MU has played 3 (2-1)... and in that bracket, the 2 is also getting shipped out west while Baylor goes east, and the 3 is UNLV, so they aren't exactly screwed in that situation.

Meanwhile KU plays in St. Louis.

Bearcat 02-06-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8353259)
Meanwhile KU plays in St. Louis.

It's always been like that (well, each year is a little different, of course, but it's happened many times)... the last #1 seed is the one that gets shipped across the country, while the first #2 seed stays in region. KU was the #1 in San Jose the year UCLA was #2, and UCLA won the region by beating KU.

Given the same situation, at least there's not a west coast team that's even arguably a #2. Of course, it's better for the fans to play in Omaha and then St. Louis, but I doubt they would get out of that region.

Bambi 02-06-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8353272)
It's always been like that (well, each year is a little different, of course, but it's happened many times)... the last #1 seed is the one that gets shipped across the country, while the first #2 seed stays in region. KU was the #1 in San Jose the year UCLA was #2, and UCLA won the region by beating KU.

Given the same situation, at least there's not a west coast team that's even arguably a #2. Of course, it's better for the fans to play in Omaha and then St. Louis, but I doubt they would get out of that region.

That was the worst.

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8353272)

ku should not be the first 2 seed though. They were ranked #8 before the game, they will drop at least a couple of spots in the new poll, and they now have 5 losses. One could argue they are much closer to the last 2 seed than the first.

Bob Dole 02-06-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8353287)
ku should not be the first 2 seed though. They were ranked #8 before the game, they will drop at least a couple of spots in the new poll,...

They actually moved up to 7 in the AP.

Dartgod 02-06-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8353287)
ku should not be the first 2 seed though. They were ranked #8 before the game, they will drop at least a couple of spots in the new poll, and they now have 5 losses. One could argue they are much closer to the last 2 seed than the first.

I have it on good authority that KU outplayed Mizzou the entire game and will be rewarded by moving up in the standings while Mizzou drops a couple of spots.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-06-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 8353294)
They actually moved up to 7 in the AP.

ROFL