ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Luke Joeckel may pique Chiefs’ interest at No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268644)

DaneMcCloud 01-21-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339330)
Really? You of all people? The guy who says, "Go **** your mother" when somebody posts some shitassed piece of idiotic tripe (like tooge just did) is telling me to tone down the hyperbole?

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. But ripping a guy professionally because his football views are different from yours or mine is a bit much, IMO.

And since my return, I've toned down the hyperbole considerably. I've grown tired and weary of calling people names just because they are either not as informed or have a different opinion from mine.

Plus, I've known Tooge since we were 12 or 13 years old. He's good people and far from the village idiot.

Frankie 01-21-2013 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9338990)
So, let's get this right...

You are whining about the "Geno supporters" going overboard defending him, but you state that you haven't checked stats, don't care to, probably haven't watched the games (because if you did, you'd see Geno making big throw after big throw into tight windows in an effort to keep his team in the game while not putting the ball into the defenses hands) and are just going off your minimalistic "perception?"

See now you are speculating. I have attached what I posted in a thread I started on another forum months ago and kept updating it. I think I might have even posted this chart here once, I just don't recall in what thread.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9339384)
Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. But ripping a guy professionally because his football views are different from yours or mine is a bit much, IMO.

And since my return, I've toned down the hyperbole considerably. I've grown tired and weary of calling people names just because they are either not as informed or have a different opinion from mine.

Plus, I've known Tooge since we were 12 or 13 years old. He's good people and far from the village idiot.

I don't care if he's your grandmother. He posted a pretty ****ing stupid thing.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9339384)

He wasn't ripping him professionally.

He was ripping on the comparison between tooge's professional acumen and somebody who runs a football team...

DaneMcCloud 01-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339398)
I don't care if he's your grandmother. He posted a pretty ****ing stupid thing.

And therefore he should be insulted for his profession. Got it.

It's good to know that absolutely anything and everything is now acceptable to say in this forum.

DaneMcCloud 01-21-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339400)
He wasn't ripping him professionally.

He was ripping on the comparison between tooge's professional acumen and somebody who runs a football team...

Really? Saying that if he was the last dentist in the entire world, he wouldn't visit him?

The hyperbole around here is absolutely insane. I think it's ****ing comical that L.A. Chieffan gets banned because of his "Cassel Trolling", yet a group of people do the same exact thing in regards to Eugene Smith.

Actually, it's not comical. It's the same ****ing thing, only worse, because it's not done for laughs.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9339413)
And therefore he should be insulted for his profession. Got it.

It's good to know that absolutely anything and everything is now acceptable to say in this forum.

I didn't say anything about his profession. I think I even said he was a, "Highly trained and educated professional who has performed thousands of delicate procedures and made thousands of hard decisions involving the health and well-being of thousands of people with over a 99% success rate."

That part at the end was me calling him a dumbass. Which is what he was being at the time.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9339413)

This is somewhat ironic. Just sayin.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9339427)
Really? Saying that if he was the last dentist in the entire world, he wouldn't visit him?

The hyperbole around here is absolutely insane. I think it's ****ing comical that L.A. Chieffan gets banned because of his "Cassel Trolling", yet a group of people do the same exact thing in regards to Eugene Smith.

Actually, it's not comical. It's the same ****ing thing, only worse, because it's not done for laughs.

Dude, this is Chiefsplanet, 2013 edition.

There's nothing here EXCEPT hyperbole. Everything is an over-the-top parody.

You CANNOT HAVE a rational, logical discussion anymore. It's simply not possible.

It is what it is.

I took a break, just like you.

I came back with the idea of being a kinder, gentler poster. Just like you.

It won't work. You'll eventually realize that about 75% of the people that joined in the past year are all actually the same 2 or 3 people, the place is overrun with idiots and trolls, and it's easier just to fight fire with fire.

Just like me.

DaneMcCloud 01-21-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339437)
This is somewhat ironic. Just sayin.

Right.

Because telling someone to "**** their mother" isn't street vernacular? Telling someone to "**** off" isn't something people say every day?

Furthermore, 90% of the times I've used terms like that are when I'm being personally attacked for my opinion, not the other way around.

It's amazing how short the memories are around here.

DaneMcCloud 01-21-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339445)

You CANNOT HAVE a rational, logical discussion anymore. It's simply not possible.

It is what it is.

It won't work. You'll eventually realize that about 75% of the people that joined in the past year are all actually the same 2 or 3 people, the place is overrun with idiots and trolls, and it's easier just to fight fire with fire.

Just like me.

I appreciate this comment and will take it under advisement.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9339427)

Actually I probably wouldn't if he were the last dentist on earth. So many people would need him more than I would. I have phenomenal oral hygiene. :)

Dane, just the other day I saw you yell at Detoxing for no apparent reason. You may have toned down the severity of insults you issue around here, but you're still just as guilty of being an asshole as any of us. My hyperbolic way of calling tooge a dumbass is FAR from a terrible thing compared to many things I and nearly everybody on this forum has said in the past.

tooge 01-21-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339140)
Highly trained and educated professional who has performed thousands of delicate procedures and made thousands of hard decisions involving the health and well-being of thousands of people with over a 99% success rate

Equals

Guy who works for a sports franchise, whose job does not require the professional and tense fortitude built upon years of highly focused training, whose decisions don't affect the health and well-being of thousands of people, and whose decisions on player personnel have a success rate at or around 30%

And I thought doctors were supposed to be smart. Remind me never to go to you even if you're the last dentist on earth.

I don't like dense patients, so don't bother calling my office. I prefer my patients own their own problems. If you are unable to understand that the fact that John Dorsey doesn't make decisions that affect the health of people, in no way diminishes his expertise and professionalism, then you are the idiot here. The guy has been in the NFL for over 20 years. I think he knows more about scouting individuals coming out of college and what to look for in a player better than 99% of the untrained people out there.

I'm not a mechanic, but I'm restoring an old jeep. I'd love to have the knowledge of a mechanic while I was doing it, but I'm having to learn as I go. I'd think after twenty such restorations, I'd probably have a pretty good handle on what I'm doing. It has nothing to do with health. Yes, I do thousands of intricate procedures a year, and yes, it takes some important decision making to do it correctly 100 percent of the time. You are clueless. Will someone explain this to SNR?

SAUTO 01-21-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339445)

It is what it is.

Just like me.

this

ChiefRocka 01-21-2013 04:03 PM

Since when did this become ****The Official Jerry Springer Thread*****

The damn season didn't even end yet and the pussification begins.